The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Combat numbers (and incomming/outgoing) appearing way off where they should be

MJallday
MJallday
✭✭✭✭✭
see screenshot / video - appears to be abotu 4 " to the left of wher ethey should be. did 2 resets as well
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sparkymcj/screenshot/7664605
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MJallday wrote: »
    see screenshot / video - appears to be abotu 4 " to the left of wher ethey should be. did 2 resets as well
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sparkymcj/screenshot/7664605

made a vid - youll see it in the last 20 seconds.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sparkymcj/video/38888747
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing is happening to me. Any idea how to fix this?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Is this an intended change? I now how to divert my eyes from combat just to see how much damage I am doing. Has anyone found a way to change it back?
  • C4Bliss
    C4Bliss
    ✭✭✭
    Same here
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok lets try and help out the devs

My setup = Xbox 1 x
    1080p TV
    Xbox set to Auto detect TV (which it does at 1080p)
    ESO settings - not changeable

maybe one of the above @C4Bliss , @Hutch679 , @Apache_Kid could confirm their setup, they can see if its specfic to the setup or just a general problem
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the same problem PS4 Pro owners running 1080 Enhanced mode have had for the past year. Widely reported, never fixed...
    PS4NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok lets try and help out the devs

My setup = Xbox 1 x
    1080p TV
    Xbox set to Auto detect TV (which it does at 1080p)
    ESO settings - not changeable

maybe one of the above @C4Bliss , @Hutch679 , @Apache_Kid could confirm their setup, they can see if its specfic to the setup or just a general problem

Xbox one X, 4k Samsung tv.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Welcome to the same problem PS4 Pro owners running 1080 Enhanced mode have had for the past year. Widely reported, never fixed...

That's ridiculous. If that's the case they need a feature that moves the numbers anywhere o n the screen. It's currently a useless feature with them being way off in the corner.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_EveP @ZOS_Wrobel @ZOS_Wolfram

Any acknowledgment about this bug?
    Edited by Hutch679 on November 8, 2017 2:53PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try turning the numbers off then back on again?

Try changing the scale of your UI, if you can even do that on the Console

Personally, I like the numbers away from the center, but that might be a bit too far.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sabune
    Sabune
    Same problem here.

Xbox one X
    4k HDR
    Xbox set to auto detect (4k)
    LG OLED tv
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One X on a 4k Samsung. Numbers way to far out of the way. Turning combat text on and off did not help. Really really really do not like where they are popping up right now it's super disorienting.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so its not limited to a 4k specific tv - its 1080p AND 4k

i tried turning numbers off and on, but didnt exit inbetween doing it/did combat. i might try that see if it works

in the meantime, it seems like ive found a genuine bug :)

• Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok so its not limited to a 4k specific tv - its 1080p AND 4k

i tried turning numbers off and on, but didnt exit inbetween doing it/did combat. i might try that see if it works

in the meantime, it seems like ive found a genuine bug :)

Let me know if that works because this is driving me crazy. Didn't happen until I used my xbox one x
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 Pro users have been dealing with this since Combat Text was released for console. Only happens in 1080p for us.

It needs to be fixed by ZOS.

I mentioned it here in April and tagged @ZOS_GinaBruno :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4014086/#Comment_4014086

Also reported by this user in the German forum around the same time:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/343122/ps4-pro-falsche-position-des-scrolling-combat-textes

Google Translation of above post:
    ...Since I've been playing ESO since I got my PS4 Pro, the numbers and info of the scrolling combat text do not appear in the middle of the mob, or at DMG near my char. They appear instead in the upper left area of ​​my screen.

My theory: The coordinates of the Damage numbers are probably set to a 1080p render port. Although I play in the 1080p Enhanced mode, ESO still seems to render the UI in 2160p and the 3D world afterwards only in 1080p. If the game now adresses the X- and Y-values ​​of the position, the game seems to assume that I have a 1080p TV, or the entire UI is only 1920x1080 pixels in size.

If I divide my 4K screen into 4 even 1920x1080 areas, the popping up numbers seem to be exactly "middle" to the left upper quarter.

So please once add 1920 pixels in X and 1080p pixels in Y, then it should be back in the middle.

The support I have pointed out that there was just a nonsense like "We are responsible for questions in the game principle, not for technical matters" back. However, they also wrote, if I wanted to report a bug with my request, it would somehow be recorded somewhere, but I will never be notified about it. So that would be OK, but there were 2 or 3 patches since I played, this was not fixed...
    PS4NA
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    PS4 Pro users have been dealing with this since Combat Text was released for console. Only happens in 1080p for us.

It needs to be fixed by ZOS.

I mentioned it here in April and tagged @ZOS_GinaBruno :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4014086/#Comment_4014086

Also reported by this user in the German forum around the same time:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/343122/ps4-pro-falsche-position-des-scrolling-combat-textes

Google Translation of above post:
    ...Since I've been playing ESO since I got my PS4 Pro, the numbers and info of the scrolling combat text do not appear in the middle of the mob, or at DMG near my char. They appear instead in the upper left area of ​​my screen.

My theory: The coordinates of the Damage numbers are probably set to a 1080p render port. Although I play in the 1080p Enhanced mode, ESO still seems to render the UI in 2160p and the 3D world afterwards only in 1080p. If the game now adresses the X- and Y-values ​​of the position, the game seems to assume that I have a 1080p TV, or the entire UI is only 1920x1080 pixels in size.

If I divide my 4K screen into 4 even 1920x1080 areas, the popping up numbers seem to be exactly "middle" to the left upper quarter.

So please once add 1920 pixels in X and 1080p pixels in Y, then it should be back in the middle.

The support I have pointed out that there was just a nonsense like "We are responsible for questions in the game principle, not for technical matters" back. However, they also wrote, if I wanted to report a bug with my request, it would somehow be recorded somewhere, but I will never be notified about it. So that would be OK, but there were 2 or 3 patches since I played, this was not fixed...

Wow. I don't understand why this hasn't been addressed. They are going to have more and more posts about it now that the xbox one x has released. Hopefully it's fixed soon
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's like they stealth-nerfed my combat awareness. Have to completely take my eyes away from what i am doing to see my combat text. We need a comment from someone at ZoS as to whether or not this was an intended change with the combat text or a bug.
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Well sign me up to this issue, great glad I payed 500.00 for a better ESO experience on console.

Information:

Xbox One X.
    Set to auto detect screen.
    1080P Asus 3D Gaming Monitor

Tried hard reset.
    Deleted Save Data.
    Restored options to default.
    Tried on all 14 characters.
    Edited by Darsaga on November 8, 2017 7:21PM
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's for sure an issue on ESO's side. They have to make an update to support 4k resolution to adjust the screen and nothing we can do until they patch this.
  • Sleezly
    Sleezly
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone with a true HDR 4K TV confirm this happens on Xbox One X for them as well or is this more of a 1080p / 4K upscaling issue?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sleezly wrote: »
    Can anyone with a true HDR 4K TV confirm this happens on Xbox One X for them as well or is this more of a 1080p / 4K upscaling issue?

I literally did exactly that above. You can't get anymore K than my TV and my numbers are off in no-man's land.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran into this problem as soon as I switched from Xbox One to Xbox One X. I'm on a 1080p TV as well.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might be compatibility with the system. I don't think it has to do with graphics or 1080p vs 4k.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    It might be compatibility with the system. I don't think it has to do with graphics or 1080p vs 4k.
    On the PS4 Pro you have the option to run either "1080 Enhanced" which gives you water reflections and better shadows, or "4K" which gives you higher resolution.

Running 1080 Enhanced, the combat text is incorrectly located in the top left quadrant of the screen. At 4K it is correctly positioned above the target.

So at least on the PS4 Pro, I think the resolution has everything to do with the problem. My guess is this issue has now made its way onto the XBox in some form as well. Hopefully now that it's impacting both console platforms it will be fixed.
    PS4NA
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't appear to be a bug, its just an undesired change.

It'll be interesting to see on ESO Live how they present this Friday.
    After reading a few comments, seems logical to expect no changes....perhaps its time to revert us all back to the PC UI with logic based options...this also would resolve the add-ons not supported in game pad mode on PC as well as text chat complaints on console @ZOS_AlexTardif

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 9, 2017 7:19PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't appear to be a bug, its just an undesired change.

It'll be interesting to see on ESO Live how they present this Friday.
    After reading a few comments, seems logical to expect no changes....perhaps its time to revert us all back to the PC UI with logic based options...this also would resolve the add-ons not supported in game pad mode on PC as well as text chat complaints on console @ZOS_AlexTardif

what is a bug if its not an "undesired change" lol

if it wasnt happening before a software update, and is happening after a software update - its very definately a bug!
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another bad part about this is that when you are in a large or full group, all the numbers are behind the player names.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this is truly a change that is working as intended and not actually a bug, can we get a comment from someone at ZOS about why this change was made? I have been playing both my one X and my original Xbox One and it is only happening on the One X which leads me to think this is a bug and not an intended change as some of the posts were suggesting. But who really knows since this thread, like so many other bug threads, remain un-answered.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're working on getting this fixed so we can hopefully get it into the next patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, we're working on getting this fixed so we can hopefully get it into the next patch.

THANK YOU!
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno when you say "next patch" ... do you mean the next "major" patch, as in early 2018, or do you mean an incremental patch?

Although honestly, I kind of like not having the combat text centered over an enemy. Makes it easier to focus on combat and I can actually see the numbers (which previously were mostly hidden by the debuff tracker).

Conclusion: combat text and buff/debuff trackers should have customizable positioning.