The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Loss of sound jokes

Crown
Crown
✭✭✭✭✭
For those who don't actually PvP, the dev team has re-introduced the bug whereby sound is lost in fights with more than 10 players present.

The best ones I've seen in zone are:

Sound will be released in a new DLC this winter!
Crown store exclusive! Sound in PvP for only 5,000 crowns!
WTS sound, mono only! Pst offers!

Any other good ones?
Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw someone say this sound bug is an ''immersion feature'' where our characters develop combat fatigue from participating in the Alliance War and become deaf.
    Edited by Ankael07 on November 7, 2017 2:52AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, everyone's sound is going out? Whew, I can cancel that Doc appointment then.
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    For those who don't actually PvP, the dev team has re-introduced the bug whereby sound is lost in fights with more than 10 players present.

Any other good ones?

Please don't give them any ideas.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    I saw someone say this sound bug is an ''immersion feature'' where our characters develop combat fatigue from participating in the Alliance War and become deaf.
    Whenever it happens, I actually *feel* concussed and it disorients me in rl. I don't know if it's true for everyone, but I rely on audio cues a lot and it is jarring to lose them.

I want to say that I can't believe ZOS doesn't consider this to be a high priority item to be fixed, but sadly it is expected from them.

Edited by zyk on November 7, 2017 8:47AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVESO has sound?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    zos give the sound pls, it keeps the hype of the fight, when sounds is gone i laugh even if i am getting zerg lol
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in zone chat said you can fix it by pressing ALT-F4, funny thing is it worked.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elong wrote: »
    Crown wrote: »

Any other good ones?

Please don't give them any ideas.

Doesn't change a thing. It's a "convenience" item, so sooner or later it will be available for sale.
    Crown Sound Potion: Adds extra sound effects to the game for 30 min. I can see it now. :)
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • SurprisedFour91
    SurprisedFour91
    ✭✭✭
    legit saw someone called "No Sound Just Pain" today.
    @UrenTelvanni PC/NA
    Characters: ded class Sorc AR 50, Uræn Warden AR 42, Cancuren NB AR 33, Urenaissance Templar AR 31, ded game DK AR 24
    A Normal Bosmer Man NB AR 39, Lūst Templar AR 32, -Uren AR 25, Abęl Necro AR32, ????? Warden AR28

Fair Weather Friends
    Faction Locks Are Stupid
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh you didn't read the patch notes. The status effect concussed now bursts your eardrum causing sound to stop until the status effect ends. This is an immersion feature provided free . Next month coming to the crown store will be xmas ear muffs that will prevent this status effect just in time for the holidays.
  • Crewt
    Crewt
    Play very loud music and ignore game sound. It makes things better.
    I am Crewt
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    Whats even funnier is the solution ZOS provided...update my sound card drivers LOL!!!
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to stop talking in TS when sound goes out, too. Takes me a second to start calling again lol.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing this is “a thing” related to “stuff.”
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just assumed my dragonknight that I made as old as possible finally went deaf
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to post some jokes about the in game sound.

But I haven't heard any good ones yet.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what???
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IS THIS THiNG ON?! :o
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funniest thing is, there was a response from ZoS asking how to recreate it etc. What were the parameters for it happening ....bla blah blah. Like seriously!?!?!?? Play your game and see for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >=(
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite:

"Boy (XYZ technical issue) is really bad tonight"

"Have you bought anything from the Crown Store lately?"
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online is MMO with 10 million players,
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    The funniest thing is, there was a response from ZoS asking how to recreate it etc. What were the parameters for it happening ....bla blah blah. Like seriously!?!?!?? Play your game and see for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >=(

I don't think they have the hard drive space to install it ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Crewt
    Crewt
    Why do posts in this thread keep disappearing?
    I am Crewt
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crewt wrote: »

Probably because they sounded too critical.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the relationship between their forum moderation and server strength/technical expertise is inversely proportionate.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the relationship between their forum moderation and server strength/technical expertise is inversely proportionate.

LOL! I'm so tempted to reply with some inverse logrithmic function but that would be way too nerdy.
    Ray
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »

LOL! I'm so tempted to reply with some inverse logrithmic function but that would be way too nerdy.

I’d hit the awesome tab for that.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish it were funny but its just another piece of the evidence puzzle to support the hypothesis that they arent very good.

What other game do you play that the sound cuts out for minutes on end? Then its fixed and in the future reintroduced?
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    I wish it were funny but its just another piece of the evidence puzzle to support the hypothesis that they arent very good.

What other game do you play that the sound cuts out for minutes on end? Then its fixed and in the future reintroduced?

Games with issues like that, when found out in the wild of the Steam library, are usually called 'bad games'..

You know, the junky Greenlight games that are cobbled together out of purchased Unity engage crap?
    Things like 'Army Man 2: The ReAngering' and other drek.

They're the ones that have issues like this sound issue.

They usually cost a couple bucks at most and have user reviews of 'Mostly Negative'.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on November 13, 2017 5:36PM
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I didn't hear about this.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Kharret
    Kharret
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't hear about this.

That's strange, all guys in Cyrodiil heard that sound disapperance loud and clear