The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Block cost reduction adjustment in the upcoming patch. Please Review!

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ASTOUNDED. that this became a Nerf Sorc thread so quickly.

I mean. 10/10

That's amazing effort folks..you are committed. Can I enlist your support to flood the forum with AntiCP in BG debate as I need help
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I mean. 10/10

That's amazing effort folks..you are committed. Can I enlist your support to flood the forum with AntiCP in BG debate as I need help

... Nerf sorc.
    Options
  • Ophion
    Ophion
    ✭✭✭
    Whow, I'd like to know how many ppl closed down this page after reading the first sentence. Can't think of a worse way possible to start a constructive thread about your class even when the intention was good.
    PC/EU
    Ophion | Magicka Dragonknight EP
    Ophıon | Magicka Dragonknight DC
    Ophıøn | Magicka Dragonknight AD
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    scap13 wrote: »
    Whow, I'd like to know how many ppl closed down this page after reading the first sentence. Can't think of a worse way possible to start a constructive thread about your class even when the intention was good.

Also the wall of text. Not much point reading that mess of a post however correct it may/may not be.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I mean. 10/10

I see no nerf sorc comments. Just comparisons on classes. Comment 2 says that sorcs have been nerfed a lot. Comment 3 says no they havent and wrobel likes sorcs. Not "nerf them"
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 18, 2017 7:07PM
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More block nerfs will destroy Mag DK, especially in light armour. You literally have to block, it was the way they were built.

Nothing wrong with Seventh Legion or Fury though imo. Just the CP'S that allow reduced block cost. Go to non CP and those builds are just like every other Joe. They can't block and do damage, it's one or the other.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should definitely change the order of operations in block cost reduction since that kind of perma-block shouldn't be possible.

MagDk is really the only class in the hot seat here with regard to block from a mechanical perspective. I absolutely dread going into BG's against some mdk's like @Quantum_V and others because there is literally nothing I can do against them except try to fight somewhere else. If we can get some subtle counterplay to block I will be happy.

IMO a sub-360 block radius is a great start. I also would like a few more ways to force a target to drop block - maybe add a "block stagger" of some kind to things like Javelin (god-like strength after all) and Feral Guardian (ultimate activation) since Templar and Warden are the only classes that don't have a way to deal with block.
    Options
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    They should definitely change the order of operations in block cost reduction since that kind of perma-block shouldn't be possible.

MagDk is really the only class in the hot seat here with regard to block from a mechanical perspective. I absolutely dread going into BG's against some mdk's like @Quantum_V and others because there is literally nothing I can do against them except try to fight somewhere else. If we can get some subtle counterplay to block I will be happy.

IMO a sub-360 block radius is a great start. I also would like a few more ways to force a target to drop block - maybe add a "block stagger" of some kind to things like Javelin (god-like strength after all) and Feral Guardian (ultimate activation) since Templar and Warden are the only classes that don't have a way to deal with block.

Also stamDKs. Some templar and warden builds blocktato up too, but they have other defenses so not always.
    Best houseknight EU.
    Options
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    jdmoonan wrote: »
    As most of the pvp community knows I am Jdmoonan The Fire Mage and I only play Mag Dk. I recently looked at the upcoming adjustments you are working on. I am concerned with the block cost adjustment. Sword and Board Mag Dk was already hit very hard in the Morrowind patch with the block and sustain nerf. I fear that with this next adjustment you might make it nearly impossible to play, so I wanted to give my input on what I think might be some potential fixes to the perma block stam tank problem in the current meta using Seventh Legion Brute and/or Fury. One fix I was thinking would be the obvious one which would be to nerf seventh legion and fury as they are over performing and giving heavy armor stam just way to much damage. The second would be instead of adjusting block cost how about reduce the amount of damage one can block, this would not only help to discourage the stam block build but also make sets like footman viable again. Please just keep in mind that by nerfing block you would be indirectly nerfing a class that is already hurting extremely bad in the game as a whole. Mag Dk isn't used in PVE at all and only the elite players of Mag Dk can even play the class in PVP without being completely ignored in most cases. Just some feed back from a long time Mag Dk player and theory crafter!

Actually Mag DK is used in pve fairly often, so really nerfing block would also affect pve. They should just add a block nerf to battle spirit the same way damage/heals/shields are nerfed in Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Templar can't drop block anymore but they sure as hell can hit through block and drain stamina really well. Wardens have two skills that hit even harder through block.
    PC EU
    Options