Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Faster mounts

ereboz
ereboz
✭✭✭✭
I find it odd that mounts only go up to 60% Most mmos allow mounts to go up to 100 or faster. The scale and size of the world is plenty big enough to allow this. Maybe there's a technical reason or specific to ESO gameplay reason that I'm not aware of. What do you guys think? Would you like to see mount speed increased?
Edited by ereboz on November 6, 2017 7:15PM

Faster mounts 104 votes

Yes. Faster please
41%
Morbashnexxus_ESOMojmirCpt_TeemoFinaldeathZapzarapNebthet78MilvankojouAlex_LexczarbooksmcreadIdinuseerebozbottleofsyrupBluepitbull13MyerscodCh4mpTWMettaricanaSynapsis123 43 votes
No. Fine as is
53%
Nestorlaurajfvailjohn_ESOBelegnoledeepseamk20b14_ESOMithoronRudyardPlagueSDlolo_01b16_ESOmakrethDerNachtfalterstarkerealmwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOCyberwolffeMasterSpatulaanothermekamimarkTandorskinnycheeksZaldan 56 votes
Other
4%
SirAndyGargathAcadianPaladinmorrowjenShardan4968 5 votes
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    What kind of reference point do you have to compare ESO's 60% at other MMO's 100%? Have you some kind of benchmark to determine base speeds against other games?

It is fine where it is at. Want to go faster? Use the rapid maneuver skill in the Assault skill line.
    Edited by Ir0nB34r on November 6, 2017 7:20PM
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the llamas from Ultima Online?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Faster please
    Fix the mounted speed issues that have been going on for months as well
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    There is an issue of game loading new areas when riding really fast, eg. with trained mount at 60% plus rapid maneuver +30% more.
    So in fact you can go almost 100% with rapid maneuver, but if your machine isn't fast enough, it will choke very soon and the graphics will become ugly and blurred.

Most mmos, I wonder what you think about GuildWars2. In time of me playing this there was no mounts at all. No idea how it is now since I already got rid of it after many useless jumps of my 2 free characters across the map.

As for the ESO, you can wear a special set Ward of Cyrodiil which *Increases your Mounted Movement Speed by 15%.
    Edited by Gargath on November 6, 2017 7:29PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    They are good as it is. Sometimes when I ride fast I can't even notice my surroundings. 60% eso mount speed could match another mmo's 100% mount speed, don't look at the numbers like that. The zones are not that big enough plus we have the shrines..
    Edited by makreth on November 6, 2017 7:35PM
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ridden a fully upgraded mount with the speed skill ? Its pretty fast
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ithe results of the poll would be obvious. So many want more jus because.

The world really is not that large when wayshrines are taken into consideration. In reality, the size of the world is irrelevant. At most it's the size of the zone or distance to the next wayshrine.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    People ride fast enough in Cyro
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    ereboz wrote: »
    I find it odd that mounts only go up to 60% Most mmos allow mounts to go up to 100 or faster.

You can't compare these two numbers. For one, what is the base speed, what is the scale of the world, what does 100 mean (is it a percentage or a flat value?)

All I know is, using set items that increase mount speed, rapid maneuvers and maxed out horse speed, I am running faster than the game can render. Until I hit a pebble in the road, then I am surprised my Alt does not somersault over the neck of the mount.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Faster please
    I think they should start out a bit faster to begin with. There is something very odd with riding a horse that is slower than you. I took riding lessons ages ago and just a basic canter which was not really difficult. Sure a full speed gallop will take time to learn, but half dead ponies at the start? Lame
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    I think what people are saying is, "I am lazy and don't want to fully upgrade my mound and use Rapid Maneuver"... when using a combination of these results in an extremely fast horse... so fast you can barely see your surroundings. So no, it is fine as is... if you want faster, then upgrade like everyone else. Besides, there are also max CP stars that offer fully upgraded mount Stamina and the other offers 2% speed increase.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    It’s fine as it is. Anything faster is completely unnecessary
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Faster please
    Yes I’m sick of running for ever in pvp and having to slot a stam skill on a magic build just to get anywhere
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    Yes I’m sick of running for ever in pvp and having to slot a stam skill on a magic build just to get anywhere

With a speed maxed mount, it really doesn’t take long to get around Cyrodiil right now, unless you’re weird and you’re running from one side of the map to the other because wtf why not.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. Faster please
    Mojmir wrote: »
    Fix the mounted speed issues that have been going on for months as well

Let the mounts go faster for sure, and yes, I agree, fix the mount speed issues that have been ongoing for far, far too long. When I can run faster than my mount at full sprint and full 60% faster, there's one heck of an issue.. Though it doesn't happen all the time, it happens often enough.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    Use rapids if you want to go super sanic. I use it all the time.

Oh and the fact that if you go fast enough up certain stairs you literally can fly without even jump.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think that 60+ speed is too much. Senches are propably fine with this, but guars looks hilarious running so fast. Don't mind me.
    PC/EU
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    in cyrodiil certainly not, otherwise if the world was open instead of separate zones maybe
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ir0nB34r wrote: »
    What kind of reference point do you have to compare ESO's 60% at other MMO's 100%? Have you some kind of benchmark to determine base speeds against other games?

It is fine where it is at. Want to go faster? Use the rapid maneuver skill in the Assault skill line.
    This, an you can use it while riding so it work well even on magic builds.
    Dressing room is nice so you can have one dungeon and one overland profile.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    ereboz wrote: »
    I find it odd that mounts only go up to 60% Most mmos allow mounts to go up to 100 or faster. The scale and size of the world is plenty big enough to allow this. Maybe there's a technical reason or specific to ESO gameplay reason that I'm not aware of. What do you guys think? Would you like to see mount speed increased?

WoW (to pick the obvious comparison) zones are vast and empty, easily twice as large as ESO zones, with little clusters of events or monsters many minutes of jogging (there is no sprint) apart. Ground mounts go +60%, flying mounts go +60% to 310% faster (at highest level), and it's still intolerably far apart. source: wowwiki

ESO zones are small, tightly packed with more stuff than a larger WoW zone. Commonly I'll mount, ride for 30 seconds, get off for a node or fight, realize riding is pointless there. Only in Cyrodil does it really matter, which is vast and empty like WoW.

I would like to see mount training be faster, or just more convenient: If I could buy +10% for 2500g once every 10 days, without logging in every char every day, I'd be much happier.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'd settle for not getting stuck on every damn little pebble on the ground, the max speed is fine when it actually works.

Not being able to keep a consistent momentum makes riding a frustrating jerk-fest ...
    headbang.gif
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Faster please
    69da7b539aa3aa804c00af205636d1d6.jpg

Faster!!11one!
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Faster please
    seems slower after CW
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully upgraded mounts are more than fast enough already. You have to have a rocket ship to catch them now if your on a new character without mount upgrades.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Faster please
    I would be content with them fixing the issue with mounts having to slow down the majority of the time they are crossing non-flat terrain. Been going on for almost 2 years.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    I love the horse simulator aspect of ESO. I'd probably just ride around and be happy if they took away the rest of the content. For me it's fast enough with the buffs. I'm at +60 base speed, using charging maneuver and Cyrodils Ward. I think there is a CP buff and another gear set I'm not taking advantage of.

As for slotting the skill, yeah, why is it necessary? How many skills are usable on a horse? If getting on a horse disables all our fighting skills, it should enable the riding skill without needing to reassign anything. As an example, the attack key could always trigger charging maneuver when mounted instead get off your horse and attack. Block alone could be dismount.
  • morrowjen
    morrowjen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Top speeds and even mid-speeds are fine, imo, but mounts start off wayyyy too slow and it takes way too long to train a new mount. Early on is when you need riding speed the most to open up new wayshrines and get to unexplored areas. Once the map is open you don't need the speed nearly as much as your character does at the beginning.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Fine as is
    60% speed with sprint, rapid maneuver, and cyrodiil's ward set makes you go faster than anything can load on the map. It's plenty fast enough.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    When in a big hurry I find the top speed of a maxed horse running to be fine. And most of the time faster than I would like. The reason I max the speed is for faster horse walking speed. I like to walk the horse much of the time. I wish there was a walk, slow run and fast run speed.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Faster please
    Simply increase the base speed of mounts to start with. It's ridiculous that I'm faster on foot/sprinting than on a new unupgraded mount even when sprinting.

Also remove the stumbling/slam break stops on every little pebble or incline, it's the opposite of immersive.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?