Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Aslyum Destro Staff

grannas211
grannas211
✭✭✭✭✭
So is the imperfect utter trash in actual application? Now that maelstrom staves no longer add the spell damage, what staves are you guys running? Or just 2 5 pieces? I highly doubt I'll ever be doing veteran hardmode of the new trial.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer a vMSA lightningstaff & a vMSA healingstaff; but i play a dot + AoE build
    I like to use the new asylumstaff on my magden or with magicka sorc. But the masterstaff is also very good with a flamestaff for example!
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if they are utter trash, but they do take 3 FP to get the proc.

Would only suggest vMA staff on back bar and just choose a staff to go with one of your existing sets for front bar. For a reasonably serious DPS build for dungeons and trials an rStaff is not really used. We generally need damage skills on both bars and each bar needs a dstaff skill slotted due to passives from that weapon line.
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Would only suggest vMA staff on back bar and just choose a staff to go with one of your existing sets for front bar. For a reasonably serious DPS build for dungeons and trials an rStaff is not really used. We generally need damage skills on both bars and each bar needs a dstaff skill slotted due to passives from that weapon line.

I should have been more specific, I was talking in a pvp concept specifically. My fault.
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

I should have been more specific, I was talking in a pvp concept specifically. My fault.

No need, this is the PvP forum after all... :unamused:

Yes, I don't think imperfect staves are worth it. The other ability changing weapons only make sense if you use the respective skills.
    2-3 complete sets are pretty much required for a good PvP build anyway, and if you have one spot left, you can fill it with undaunted pieces.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master destro is your best option if you can't get a perfect asylum. You can replace Force pulse with reach, and have a useful secondary effect on your spamable.

Also, reach does the same damage as Force pulse if you get 1 tick of the dot
    Options
  • elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer pulse on a magsorc as this is really the only class you will use it on, so for me the imperfect AS staff is good. Since reach is not great to use on tanks and everyone is running around in heavy still. I have nirnhoned imperfect inferno staff and it works very well. People are put off by the 3 pulses but any decent player is getting their rotation off in under 5 seconds and pulse is your main spammable. If you do your rotation and add 3 pulses, apply burning status then fire off a soul assault, most will die :)
    Edited by elfantasmo on November 6, 2017 11:54AM
    Options