Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dark Brotherhood bounties

Ashnarug
Ashnarug
✭✭✭
This might be written somewhere but can't find it.

How many bounty dailies are there in the Dark Brotherhood DLC. I got the same one in 48 hours !
During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a page with links to all the available Black Sacrament and Black Book quests: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dark_Brotherhood

There appear to be three Black Sacrament locations, and plenty of Black Book quests though these are limited by level/faction until level 50 and prone to repetition.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 4, 2017 1:21PM
  • Ashnarug
    Ashnarug
    ✭✭✭
    This page is interesting but did not answer my question.

I am referring to the bounty boards found in Anvil and Kvatch. Daily repeatables.

I found three:
    Looming Shadows
    Buried Evil
    The Common Good

but when I went to the board this morning to find the fourth quest I had a repeat of "Buried Evil". Since there was no repeat of "Looming Shadows" it appears that there is no cycle in the request list.

Are there more bounties ?
    During the afternoon of Loredas, 6 Sun’s Dawn 2e578 a big piece of Aetherius fell to Nirn. It was the first major piece of Aetherius to fall on Nirn in more than five hundred years. It scattered around the world as millions of shards. It was rapidly documented by Lady Cinnabar of Taneth in her pamphlet Aetherial Fragments that "... when three shards meet, they re-form into a silvery prism by unknown process and confer the power unlocked by the merger to a nearby being." The Order of the Black Worm, commonly known as the Worm Cult, reappeared in Tamriel shortly thereafter and some of its members are avidly searching said shards.
    In the last week of First Seed 2e579, an arcane explosion occurred in the Imperial City — a night of storms, and trembling terrain. They named it the "Soulburst". That day Emperor Varen Aquilarios disappeared without a trace. His wife, Clivia Tharn, ascended to the Ruby Throne as Empress Regent under the guidance of the Necromancer Mannimarco. Ushering a time of increased instability within the Empire of Cyrodiil which finally grew into “The Three Banners War”.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, misunderstood.

The Anvil bounties are "The Common Good" and "Buried Evil."
    The Kvatch Bounties are "Looming Shadows" and "The Roar of the Crowds" in the Arena.

As far as I know, there's no cycle, and its very common for people to group up and share quests to get the daily they can't pick up.
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    These dailies don't add exp to the Brotherhood skill line though. Weird.

Anyone know if that passive that gives you a contract and a special item gives you exp in the Brotherhood skill line? And are the special items worth it?

(sorry for the hijack)
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Duragon_Darko

The repeatable “go kill someone”quests do offer a small boost to the Dark brotherhood skill line.

The Shadowy Supplier passive allows a once daily package from Remains Silent, who shows up in any thieves den. She has three options:

Equipment: she gives a piece of totally worthless Gold Coast gear. Don’t bother.

Less noticeable: she will give an invisibility potion pack, which is pretty useless. Sometimes a useless monks disguise, which hides you from bounties for five minutes. And sometimes a 500 or 2000 counterfeit pardon. Thismoption can be ok for those needing pardon papers.

Poisons or potions: this one can be worthwhile. She either gives a useless potion, or she’ll give a set of 15ish alchemy reagents. The reagents tend to be the poison oriented ones - emetic, nightshade, nirnroot. When I have a character who thieves a lot I pick these up when I remember. The alchemy stuff is somewhat valuable.
  • Duragon_Darko
    Duragon_Darko
    ✭✭✭
    @davey1107
    Thank you so much. Appreciate the feedback.
    .... I have to admit, the devs do listen to reason, if not to the forums. Thank you for "nameplates", a welcome addition to immersion, as well as the text chat box for PS4, which only comes on the screen when I need it too, and helps this gameplay SO MUCH MORE then without it. THANK YOU for the additions. Very much appreciated.