The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Just another reason why we need faction lock or something to stop this kind of stuff from happening

Jake1576
Jake1576
✭✭✭✭✭
Video was recorded on ps4 vivec na doesn't really show alot besides reds and blues working side by side each other to farm ad you can kind of tell just wished something would be done to stop this sort of thing from happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma3Xr7MJfrA
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming from MMO's that have had faction locking and faction pride, I completely agree with you. At this point in time I'm not even fighting for my alliance any more. Why should I when those I'm fighting alongside will probably be fighting against me tomorrow?

But the game is designed for casuals, hence the free faction hoping and no open world PvP. Just gotta accept it and keep on playing until a large developer with some balls comes along and sweeps me away from ESO
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every faction claims the other two factions team up and work against them. Faction lock isn't going to change that.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4-NA has a rather serious issue regarding factions working together, and people selling/trading emperor status.

The crazy thing is, that type of behavior used to frowned upon heavily by “elite” PvP guilds. And pretty much by the player base overall. But then... Something odd happened. It was like a switch was hit at around the time the Imperial City DLC launches, and folks just stopped caring about viewing other alliances as enemies. Suddenly guilds began trading emperor, and tons of politics swarmed about Cyrodiil. It became a thing of getting griefed heavily, if you crowned someone emperor without “permission”. And the same if you captured enemy keeps that were not of the normally captured keeps. It’s sad what PvP in Cyrodiil has become.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on November 4, 2017 11:03AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Newsflash for you. Even with a faction lock this stuff still happened.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newsflash for you. Even with a faction lock this stuff still happened.

At a much lesser rate.
    Edited by Voxicity on November 4, 2017 11:12AM
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its war, it happens. You ally for a while with whom is convenient and then continue. And yeah Im AD, not taking their side.
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    PS4-NA has a rather serious issue regarding factions working together, and people selling/trading emperor status.

The crazy thing is, that type of behavior used to frowned upon heavily by “elite” PvP guilds. And pretty much by the player base overall. But then... Something odd happened. It was like a switch was hit at around the time the Imperial City DLC launches, and folks just stopped caring about viewing other alliances as enemies. Suddenly guilds began trading emperor, and tons of politics swarmed about Cyrodiil. It became a thing of getting griefed heavily, if you crowned someone emperor without “permission”. And the same if you captured enemy keeps that were not of the normally captured keeps. It’s sad what PvP in Cyrodiil has become.

Yeah you can tell by the never changing emperor's on ps4 it's always the same people on each faction that's in first place it's really not even pvp on ps4 na really when it comes to the whole emperor thing better off to just not even care about emperor honestly sad the guy right now that's in first place for ad in vivec should be allowed emperor but doesn't seem to be able to get it do to the fact two factions are working against ad to make sure it doesn't happen because he's not in the inner circle of ppl who control the leaderboards
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who defends faction hopping clearly hasn't been in the situation where there is an ally and some enemies ''fighting'' so you go over to help them and the ally stops attacking the enemy and you just get ganked and teabagged. It's a disgraceful PvP system, end of story.

What I do nowadays with my wife is just consider ourselves our own faction. I mean yeah we'll siege keeps and stuff but just for AP now and not for the campaign. Also we won't just jump into any fight or help people in our own faction because you never know who's on what side and who's ''fake fighting'' any more. It's a complete mess.
    Edited by Voxicity on November 4, 2017 11:21AM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its war, it happens. You ally for a while with whom is convenient and then continue. And yeah Im AD, not taking their side.

Maybe in some situations they are your Ally for a short while but not when it's an organized cross faction group of ppl doing it on purpose like in the video they aren't even siegeing they are purposely working together to farm ad
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    Anyone who defends faction hopping clearly hasn't been in the situation where there is an ally and some enemies ''fighting'' so you go over to help them and the ally stops attacking the enemy and you just get ganked and teabagged. It's a disgraceful PvP system, end of story.

What I do nowadays with my wife is just consider ourselves our own faction. I mean yeah we'll siege keeps and stuff but just for AP now and not for the campaign. Also we won't just jump into any fight or help people in our own faction because you never know who's on what side and who's ''fake fighting'' any more. It's a complete mess.

This is how I am now also I use to help everyone in my alliance that I seen getting attacked even if it meant I would loose but after a few bad experiences of trying to help ppl I thought needed it I just stopped I normally just go the other way in certain situations if it looks fishy I remember jumping in to help a few ppl a long time ago just to get hate messages on my psn from ppl saying hey why did you attack them for we was 1 v 1 or something worse faction lock might not solve the problem all the way but it would certainly help
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 4, 2017 11:31AM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming from MMO's that have had faction locking and faction pride, I completely agree with you. At this point in time I'm not even fighting for my alliance any more. Why should I when those I'm fighting alongside will probably be fighting against me tomorrow?

But the game is designed for casuals, hence the free faction hoping and no open world PvP. Just gotta accept it and keep on playing until a large developer with some balls comes along and sweeps me away from ESO

Agree with out faction pride, pvp is rather pointless, and switching factions like the changing winds has been bad for this game, and the argument I want to play with my friends well first off my friends are in the same faction and if I want to play against them I used the guest campaign, to me that argument is a wash. Throw in all the cheaters and exploiters eso pvp is a joke in the gaming world.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my faction decides to push the same faction as the other faction, or when we roll up to the last emperor keep to find the other faction got there first and don't interfere, or its a three-way faction fight and we choose to focus one faction first over the other...that's being strategic and good tactics and playing the map and focusing on the score for the betterment of our faction. We aren't teaming up with the other guys against the faction we hate the most, we're using them in order to win the objective/campaign for our faction!

When the other factions do that, its Team Purple/Green/Orange and they should both be ashamed.
  • mikecrci
    mikecrci
    ✭✭✭
    So in other words, the players/factions in this game are behaving exactly how nation-states behave in the real world.

Nice.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Video was recorded on ps4 vivec na doesn't really show alot besides reds and blues working side by side each other to farm ad you can kind of tell just wished something would be done to stop this sort of thing from happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma3Xr7MJfrA

Red and Blue combined are still outnumbered 5 to 1 by AD on PS4 NA Vivec.
    Of course they are both going to come after the horde of yellows.
    They aren't working together they just focus the true enemy.
    Cry me a river.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 4, 2017 1:25PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vivec PS4 is a toxic cesspool.

I recommend a different campaign.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But everyone complains "they are all empty" and dog pile onto Vivec like lemmings because they must enjoy the abuse.
    That video shows a few famous name "very hard to kill" players as well.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 4, 2017 1:32PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. When the game came out, we were associated a lot more with a faction. Then, between people complaining that there was "no one" playing a faction, and they were missing out on the fun, or their friends were in a different faction, and they were missing out on the fun, the alliance became less important. With One Tamriel, the alliance is pretty much a "oh, yeah, I forgot" moment at some point while leveling your character.

We are a game of mercenary players, now. Our Alliance loyalty depends on which Alliance is more fun to align with, at the moment. We need to be free to change Alliances as the fun moves from one to the next. In PVE, I serve whatever King rules the soil I am currently standing on, and tomorrow it might be a different King. PVP is mainly a matter of which colors I am allowed to attack today.

I, too, wish they would tighten down on the Alliance jumping, but they already made that decision.
    Edited by Elsonso on November 4, 2017 1:37PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Disclaimer: I am a "casual" to PvP. Occasionally I logged into the campaign for something different than the normal questing. I have characters all all 3 alliances. If I want an easy game, I'll see which alliance has the most people logged on and go with my character in that alliance. Other times I want something harder, so I'll take my character aligned with the least populated side. If I was "Locked" into just one alliance for all of my characters, I wouldn't be playing in Cyrodil at all.

Maybe the presence of casuals is hated by some PvPers, by there are a lot of us who just want to pop in and have a good time, without the baggage of being tied to a single side. I know there is always a disconnect between people who play for fun and people who play seriously, but it is a game, and Zenimax gives all types of players something to do.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The exact same thing happens on EU.

EP and DC literally standing side by side.

ZOS NEEDS to bring back to faction campaign lock. You log in with EP with one character for a campaign? Youre EP for the full 30 days.

Its becoming so ridiculous. Ive seen EP and DC BOTH siege a AD keep together at the same time let alone normal fighting side by side.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let us not even get into players taking scrolls and walking them to the enemies base to hand it over to them

Its awful and ZOS really do need to do something about this ASAP
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer: I am a "casual" to PvP. Occasionally I logged into the campaign for something different than the normal questing. I have characters all all 3 alliances. If I want an easy game, I'll see which alliance has the most people logged on and go with my character in that alliance. Other times I want something harder, so I'll take my character aligned with the least populated side. If I was "Locked" into just one alliance for all of my characters, I wouldn't be playing in Cyrodil at all.

Maybe the presence of casuals is hated by some PvPers, by there are a lot of us who just want to pop in and have a good time, without the baggage of being tied to a single side. I know there is always a disconnect between people who play for fun and people who play seriously, but it is a game, and Zenimax gives all types of players something to do.

With all due respect, this is the problem.
    Unfortunately as designed PvP in ESO has become a numbers win game and everyone logging into the side with the most numbers have the advantage.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 4, 2017 1:44PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, thread moved to wrong category with no redirect.
    Not about combat skills at all.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But everyone complains "they are all empty" and dog pile onto Vivec like lemmings because they must enjoy the abuse.
    That video shows a few famous name "very hard to kill" players as well.

Leaving Vivec was the best choice I ever made. The Sotha Sil campaign has been enjoyable.

There are far too many suspect players and cheese/AP trading/alliance changing etc in Vivec.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against a faction lock (even if they implement a small cool down on switching sides) but it won't change much. You can't force long time pvpers who knows plenty of people on the other factions to attack certain players.

Also if you are mad about something settle it with pvp. Tea bag em if you are angry just don't clog up the forums with this since zos is probably gonna do nothing. If i get ganked, or focused down then they are my single target focuses next time.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed but unfortunately it's the only pvp server that has an one playing on it shor is usually a dead campaign
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 4, 2017 6:18PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't surprise me lol
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    The exact same thing happens on EU.

EP and DC literally standing side by side.

ZOS NEEDS to bring back to faction campaign lock. You log in with EP with one character for a campaign? Youre EP for the full 30 days.

Its becoming so ridiculous. Ive seen EP and DC BOTH siege a AD keep together at the same time let alone normal fighting side by side.

Wished they would listen to player feedback and do something about it this kind of stuff happening ruins pvp for me when cp battlegrounds come out on console I might just say the heck with cyrodiil
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 4, 2017 6:52PM
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazbt wrote: »
    I'm not against a faction lock (even if they implement a small cool down on switching sides) but it won't change much. You can't force long time pvpers who knows plenty of people on the other factions to attack certain players.

Also if you are mad about something settle it with pvp. Tea bag em if you are angry just don't clog up the forums with this since zos is probably gonna do nothing. If i get ganked, or focused down then they are my single target focuses next time.

I understand your opinion but it's no worse then the other threads that are already out there about this sort of behavior
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nvrm looks like they corrected it and moved it to the alliance war section lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 4, 2017 7:00PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »

maybe you haven't taken notice, but, for about the last umpteen months (with exception of one EP and one DC win) - the dominion and their evil elven witch leader lady have been absolutely stomping DC and EP in to the dirt...

thank goodness some folks are smart enough on EP and DC to know whom the real enemy is at the moment...

if you fancy wearing yellow all the time - that would be you mister jake :p
    Edited by geonsocal on November 4, 2017 8:03PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place