Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Question About Vampire Appearance

BlankettBurrito
BlankettBurrito
Soul Shriven
I have not really looked into much of the vampire stuff for ESO, but did notice that there are varying stages which affect your character's appearance. How much does it affect things like facial tattoos and makeup face markings? I have a dunmer that I want to have the dark lips and eyes, but I'm worried that it'll fade out with the vampire effects as she gets paler. Can anyone please give me a clear answer? Have not been able to find any screenshots online.
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lip color is virtually nonexistent outside of Stages 3 & 4, both of which I believe get a death-like purple tint. However, if you’re going for looks, the overall appearance outside of Stages 1 & 2 are hideous. So pick your poison. Tattoos fade out as well in all stages, so you might as well just forget that. Unless you’re using the Buoyant Armiger face tattoo which, oddly enough, is the only tattoo I know of that doesn’t fade out.
    Edited by ThePrinceOfBargains on November 4, 2017 4:47AM
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tattoos fade which is something I have not understood since their pigment should not be changing. I think it was just laziness in design of that mechanic.

Everything basically fades except hair. Eyes turn red.

The darker skin tones available to the Dunmer does show through a bit in the earlier stages.
    Options
  • BlankettBurrito
    BlankettBurrito
    Soul Shriven
    TheMaster wrote: »
    Lip color is virtually nonexistent outside of Stages 3 & 4, both of which I believe get a death-like purple tint. However, if you’re going for looks, the overall appearance outside of Stages 1 & 2 are hideous. So pick your poison. Tattoos fade out as well in all stages, so you might as well just forget that. Unless you’re using the Buoyant Armiger face tattoo which, oddly enough, is the only tattoo I know of that doesn’t fade out.

Ah gotcha. Alright, well thanks for letting me know, I appreciate it!
    Options
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my vamp dunmer at stage 1. She has the dark eyes make up and the indigo lip colour.

og0HSfS.jpg

The make up still comes though at stage one but fade pretty bad from stage 3. The tattoos become almost invisible at stage 4. I dont have a pic of that though.
    Options
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, the lip colors that can be purchased in the Crown Store do not fade at any stage of vampirism. The colors remain quite luscious.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
    Options
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »
    For what it's worth, the lip colors that can be purchased in the Crown Store do not fade at any stage of vampirism. The colors remain quite luscious.

Yes, I forgot about this. The lipsticks actually don’t fade, but tattoos do for some reason (Devs are being lazy).
    AEF103_E0_FAB5_46_C6_9_FD1_FDC1473_DCD3_C.jpg
    So if you got some of those random lipsticks from the free crown crates like I did, you could use that. Don’t know if there are any actually on the crown store.
    Options
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »

Ah yes, forgot to mention this.
    Options
  • BlankettBurrito
    BlankettBurrito
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for all the great replies! I'll definitely keep all this in mind, and definitely keep an eye on the crown store.
    Options