The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil's memories and musings

Eporem
Eporem
✭✭✭
Would anyone have a link to recordings or have recorded Sotha Sil's memories and musings that you hear at the different star stations in the Mnemonic Planisphere.

Edited by Eporem on November 4, 2017 10:35AM
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Trainwiz posted screenshots of what all the memories say and posted them on Tumblr here and here.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are the ones in my chatlog from the PTS:
    Star: You're overthinking this. We sneak out, we sneak back in, and no one will ever be the wiser.
    Star: You're just so cold to me. You never seem to open up.
    Star: You're a bore, Sil. You've just forgotten because everyone else is too scared to tell you.
    Star: Your guidance and wisdom has been invaluable to me. Where would I be without you?
    Star: You wish me to go to this location, Lord Sotha Sil? I would be happy to! It should only take a few years to walk there.
    Star: You can't care too much, my dear. How else will they learn to fend for themselves?
    Star: Yes, I've heard quite a few refer to you by your new title. I think it should be obvious that I shall abstain from doing so.
    Star: Why change yourself, Sil? Why degrade yourself to this cursed appearance? After all, you are one of the few who can resist Azura's curse.
    Star: What, are you afraid of Nanny finding out? You're an adult now!
    Star: What purpose could these creatures hold for the good of Nirn?
    Star: We've cursed them all. They'll be cast out. Disgraced.
    Star: We're going to win, Sil. We have to believe that.
    Star: We made a pact. A vow. How could I have done this?
    Star: We can use that to our advantage. Kagrenac's machines will be useless once they lie at the bottom of the sea.
    Star: To think I played a part in these creatures' creation. They're abominations.
    Star: They're living nightmares, Magus. We must destroy them.
    Star: There we go. All better. No more need for tears, my little lord.
    Star: The Planisphere should be fully operational within the week, my Lord. Have you thought more on who will maintain it?
    Star: The multi-planar mnemonic receptacles should be stable enough to maintain form.
    Star: The Celestiodrome will need to have rotating girders for proper topography to be formed.
    Star: Stars, my lord? I don't wish to overstep, but the practical application of such a form ….
    Star: Soul gems are common power sources, but ultimately ineffectual for more ambitious designs.
    Star: Our soldiers are useless against the sheer volume of Kagrenac's machines. We're sending those mer out for slaughter.
    Star: Now, now, my little lord. Let's dry those tears. Everything will be all right.
    Star: No one will even realize we're missing. Besides, what's the worst Mother can do? A scolding?
    Star: My friend, what have I become?
    Star: Let us not think of what it is, but what could be. A more efficient energy source that could power the most complex machines.
    Star: It seems Azura has kicked up quite a fuss about your newest experiment, Sil.
    Star: I'll stand beside you, my friend. Till the end.
    Star: I'll need to regulate the water cycle to create the proper humidity needed for a breathable atmosphere.
    Star: I don't wish to say goodbye, but I fear I must. We're worlds apart, you and I.
    Star: I can't be with you like this. We're not equals. We never have been.
    Star: How may I serve you today, Lord Sotha Sil? Do you need your clothes washed? Your hair washed? Any pets washed?
    Star: Factotums will need a voice. Something consistent but easily replicable. Perhaps something comforting.
    Star: Don't you want to be like the Brave Little Scrib? He would never cry over such a silly thing.
    Star: Curse them? Why, we've given them the gift of divine protection.
    Star: Are you content, Lord Sotha Sil? Is there anything I can retrieve for you? A book, perhaps? Something to eat?
    Star: Animus geodes are far more powerful than common soul gems, but their uses still remain limited.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome Thanks!

Now if anyone can translate all their meanings ... :D
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    All stars have a small chance to say one of the following things, which usually quote Sotha Sil himself:
    • "Our soldiers are useless against the sheer volume of Kagrenac's machines. We're sending those mer out for slaughter."
    • "You want me to do the impossible, Vivec? I may have power, but even I cannot overcome whatever Dumac has found."
    • "We can use that to our advantage. Kagrenac's machines will be useless once they lie at the bottom of the sea."
    • "My friend, what have I become?"
    • "I'll need to regulate the water cycle to create the proper humidity needed for a breathable atmosphere."
    • "The Celestiodrome will need to have rotating girders for proper topography to be formed."
    • "Soul gems are common power sources, but ultimately ineffectual for more ambitious designs."
    • "The multi-planar mnemonic receptacles should be stable enough to maintain form."
    • "Factotums will need a voice. Something consistent but easily replicable. Perhaps something comforting."
    • "We've cursed them all. They'll be cast out. Disgraced."

Within the Warrior's Wing, the stars in the southern part speak with a calm female voice. It is likely the voice of Sotha Sil's mother or nanny speaking to him when he was a child:
    • "Now, now, my little lord. Let's dry those tears. Everything will be alright." (Unspecified female voice)
    • "Don't you want to be like the Brave Little Scrib? He would never cry over such a silly thing." (Female voice)
    • "There we go. All better. No more need for tears, my little lord." (Female voice)

In the northern part of the same wing, the stars speak with a disgruntled female voice. It is likely the voice of Sotha Sil's sister, Sotha Nall, trying to convince a young adult Sotha Sil to sneak out somewhere they are not allowed to go:
    • "You're overthinking this. We sneak out, we sneak back in, and no one will ever be the wiser." (Unspecified female voice)
    • "What, are you afraid of Nanny finding out? You're an adult now!" (Female voice)
    • "No one will even realize we're missing. Besides, what's the worst Mother can do? A scolding?" (Female voice)

Within the Mage's Wing, the stars in the western part speak with a rough male voice. It is likely the voice of Orvas, the name used by The Astronomer before he agreed to become the caretaker of the Planisphere:
    1. "Stars, my lord? I don't wish to overstep, but the practical application of such a form..." (Orvas)
    2. "The Planisphere should be fully operational within the week, my Lord. Have you thought more on who will maintain it?" (Orvas)

In the central/northern part of the same wing, the stars speak with the voice of someone (possible Lilatha) who is discussing the creation of one of Sotha Sil's creatures:
    • "What purpose could these creatures hold for the good of Nirn?"
    • "Let us not think of what it is, but what could be. A more efficient energy source that could power the most complex machines."
    • "To think I played a part in these creatures' creation. They're abominations."
    • "They're living nightmares, Magus. We must destroy them."

In the eastern part of the same wing, the stars speak with a haughty male voice. It is likely the voice of Divayth Fyr, speaking to Sotha Sil following the Battle of Red Mountain:
    • "Yes, I've heard quite a few refer to you by your new title. I think it should be obvious that I shall abstain from doing so." (Divayth Fyr)
    • "It seems Azura has kicked up quite a fuss about your newest experiment, Sil." (Divayth Fyr)
    • "Why change yourself, Sil? Why degrade yourself to this cursed appearance? After all, you are one of the few who can resist Azura's curse." (Divayth Fyr)

Within the Thief's Wing, the stars in the northern part speak with a female voice. It is likely the voice of Sotha Sil's former lover, who could possible be Almalexia:
    • "You can't care too much, my dear. How else will they learn to fend for themselves?" (Unspecified female voice)
    • "You're a bore, Sil. You've just forgotten because everyone else is too scared to tell you." (Female voice)
    • "Curse them? Why, we've given them the gift of divine protection." (Female voice)
    • "We made a pact. A vow. How could I have done this?"

In the northern part of the same wing, the stars speak with a disgruntled female voice. It is likely the voice of Sotha Sil's lover talking to him before leaving him:
    • "You're just so cold to me, you never seem to open up." (Female voice)
    • "I can't be with you like this. We're not equals. We never have been." (Female voice)
    • "I don't wish to say goodbye, but I fear I must. We're worlds apart, you and I." (Female voice)

In the western part of the Upper Hall, the stars speak with a grand male voice. It is likely the voice of Indoril Nerevar speaking to Sotha Sil before going into battle:
    • "Your guidance and wisdom has been invaluable to me. Where would I be without you?" (Unspecified male voice)
    • "We're going to win, Sil. We have to believe that." (Male voice)
    • "I'll stand beside you, my friend. Till the end." (Male voice)

In the eastern part of the Upper Hall, the stars speak with a robotic male voice. It is likely the voice of The Precursor, a Series 1 Factotum, and one of the first he ever created:
    • "Are you content, Lord Sotha Sil? Is there anything I can retrieve for you? A book, perhaps? Something to eat?" (The Precursor)
    • "How may I serve you today, Lord Sotha Sil? Do you need your clothes washed? Your hair washed? Any pets washed?" (The Precursor)
    • "You wish me to go to this location, Lord Sotha Sil? I would be happy to! It should only take a few years to walk there." (The Precursor)
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheRimOfTheSky Thanks!!

Those were mainly my impressions too, except I didn't realize that could be Almalexia talking, it makes a lot of sense.

I didn't know Sotha had a lover, who was she? NOW I NEED TO KNOW. :o

I really loved imagining kid Sotha having fun with his sister.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭

I have always thought Sotha Sil's lover was Almalexia.

Edited by Eporem on November 10, 2017 6:01PM
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Eporem wrote: »

She may have been, but Almalexia is not the lover we hear in the Planisphere.

• Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »

She may have been, but Almalexia is not the lover we hear in the Planisphere.

Is it revealed anywhere who she was?
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Factotums - *Dreaming*

These little two word dreams would have been programmed into the factotums by Sotha Sil I imagine.

I have heard these so far and know there are more if any care to add - I will as well when I hear more too.

Pottery Wheel/Laughter
    Storm Clouds/Wind
    Glowing Embers/Wool Blankets
    Soiled Tablecloth/Washboard
    Familiar Embrace/Moonlight
    Fish Pond/Skipping Stone
    Deceased Bird/Handkerchief
    Raindrops on Glass/Woodsmoke
    Open Window/Sunlight through Glass
    Knee Abrasion/Lullaby
    Torchbugs/Overturned Jar
    Discarded Flowers/Empty Cylinder

Edited by Eporem on November 26, 2017 3:35PM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish I could listen to these lines without having to worry about mobs or other sounds bothering me.
  • Momocchii
    Momocchii
    ✭✭
    Hearing the memories and thinking about the implications really is gut-wrenching.

Hearing Sil say "How could I have done this?" and "We've cursed them all. They'll be cast out. Disgraced." alwas breaks my heart. His VA did an amazing job on these lines. You can hear his voice cracking.
    I think Sil really thought he'd to something good for his people by using the Heart of Lorkhan. Instead they get cursed by Azura who also rubs it into his face how he betrayed his closest friend Nerevar and the pact they made. You can even hear how close Nerevar and Sil where from Nerevar's voice bits. He literally says: "Where would I be without you?" and "I'll stand beside you, my friend. Till the end." This makes Sil's "How could I have done this?" even more sad. I think this self-doubt is one of the reasons Sil kind of dislikes his godhood.

And all the people around him, leaving him in one way or another. His beloved sister - killed my Dagon with the rest of his family. His lover (whoever that may be) leaving him despite loving him because Sil can't seem to open up to her. Almalexia even remarks snarky how boring he is to be around. Nerevar, his best friend - dead. Likely with some kind of involvement of the Tribunes and therefore Sil himself.
    And Luciana Pullo. They get along well because she refuses to workship him and just talks to Sil like a normal person. He enjoys that a lot. She ends up completely hating him for refusing to save her son Marius.

He's no saint and people suffer from the poor living conditions in his city. But it seems to me he just wanted/wants to do good and cares for his people. Almalexia even told him "he can't care to much abouth them".

Honestly, I just feel bad for Sotha Sil.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish I could listen to these lines without having to worry about mobs or other sounds bothering me.

I did not realize until @WhiteCoatSyndrome mentioned it in this post that a chatlog can be created in which you can later refer to - to see what the NPC's are saying at times - I am not sure if all the dialog is recorded of them but I like creating a tab at times that does not have zone chat if I am wandering about to see later what they might be saying.

like this just heard/recorded:) the other day when in Clockwork City:

Sarvlos Velar,What nonsense are you spouting? Just tell me how to go back! I demand it!
    Adjunct Rizma,Choice is but chaos. Demands but the selfish needs of those who would follow the Motion of Lines.
    Sarvlos Velar,Everyone in this place is fetching mad!

Edited by Eporem on November 20, 2018 2:36PM