Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Sotha Sil's memories and musings

Eporem
Eporem
✭✭✭
Would anyone have a link to recordings or have recorded Sotha Sil's memories and musings that you hear at the different star stations in the Mnemonic Planisphere.

Edited by Eporem on November 4, 2017 10:35AM
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Trainwiz posted screenshots of what all the memories say and posted them on Tumblr here and here.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @WhiteCoatSyndrome Thanks!

Now if anyone can translate all their meanings ... :D
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheRimOfTheSky Thanks!!

Those were mainly my impressions too, except I didn't realize that could be Almalexia talking, it makes a lot of sense.

I didn't know Sotha had a lover, who was she? NOW I NEED TO KNOW. :o

I really loved imagining kid Sotha having fun with his sister.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭

I have always thought Sotha Sil's lover was Almalexia.

Edited by Eporem on November 10, 2017 6:01PM
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Eporem wrote: »

She may have been, but Almalexia is not the lover we hear in the Planisphere.

• Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »

She may have been, but Almalexia is not the lover we hear in the Planisphere.

Is it revealed anywhere who she was?
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Factotums - *Dreaming*

These little two word dreams would have been programmed into the factotums by Sotha Sil I imagine.

I have heard these so far and know there are more if any care to add - I will as well when I hear more too.

Pottery Wheel/Laughter
    Storm Clouds/Wind
    Glowing Embers/Wool Blankets
    Soiled Tablecloth/Washboard
    Familiar Embrace/Moonlight
    Fish Pond/Skipping Stone
    Deceased Bird/Handkerchief
    Raindrops on Glass/Woodsmoke
    Open Window/Sunlight through Glass
    Knee Abrasion/Lullaby
    Torchbugs/Overturned Jar
    Discarded Flowers/Empty Cylinder

Edited by Eporem on November 26, 2017 3:35PM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish I could listen to these lines without having to worry about mobs or other sounds bothering me.
  • Momocchii
    Momocchii
    ✭✭
    Hearing the memories and thinking about the implications really is gut-wrenching.

Hearing Sil say "How could I have done this?" and "We've cursed them all. They'll be cast out. Disgraced." alwas breaks my heart. His VA did an amazing job on these lines. You can hear his voice cracking.
    I think Sil really thought he'd to something good for his people by using the Heart of Lorkhan. Instead they get cursed by Azura who also rubs it into his face how he betrayed his closest friend Nerevar and the pact they made. You can even hear how close Nerevar and Sil where from Nerevar's voice bits. He literally says: "Where would I be without you?" and "I'll stand beside you, my friend. Till the end." This makes Sil's "How could I have done this?" even more sad. I think this self-doubt is one of the reasons Sil kind of dislikes his godhood.

And all the people around him, leaving him in one way or another. His beloved sister - killed my Dagon with the rest of his family. His lover (whoever that may be) leaving him despite loving him because Sil can't seem to open up to her. Almalexia even remarks snarky how boring he is to be around. Nerevar, his best friend - dead. Likely with some kind of involvement of the Tribunes and therefore Sil himself.
    And Luciana Pullo. They get along well because she refuses to workship him and just talks to Sil like a normal person. He enjoys that a lot. She ends up completely hating him for refusing to save her son Marius.

He's no saint and people suffer from the poor living conditions in his city. But it seems to me he just wanted/wants to do good and cares for his people. Almalexia even told him "he can't care to much abouth them".

Honestly, I just feel bad for Sotha Sil.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish I could listen to these lines without having to worry about mobs or other sounds bothering me.

I did not realize until @WhiteCoatSyndrome mentioned it in this post that a chatlog can be created in which you can later refer to - to see what the NPC's are saying at times - I am not sure if all the dialog is recorded of them but I like creating a tab at times that does not have zone chat if I am wandering about to see later what they might be saying.

like this just heard/recorded:) the other day when in Clockwork City:

Sarvlos Velar,What nonsense are you spouting? Just tell me how to go back! I demand it!
    Adjunct Rizma,Choice is but chaos. Demands but the selfish needs of those who would follow the Motion of Lines.
    Sarvlos Velar,Everyone in this place is fetching mad!

Edited by Eporem on November 20, 2018 2:36PM