Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aldmeri language

TheWaysOfYore
TheWaysOfYore
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone,
Are there any collection of aldmeri words? Or maybe some book/articles about aldmeri language?
"When the elven folk walked the land alone and sang songs of power amongst the trees and stars, Jephre the Singer walked with them."
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tolkien :smiley:
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an Aylied language on the UESP which might help: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Ayleid_Language

Not sure about a more modern Altmer one though, I will tag @Enodoc as he's our resident lore hero.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are quite a few resources found through google. I geeked out to choose a lore friendly name for an Altmer and found there are lot's of contradictions between websites, so when possible go to the source (usually in game books that are also available online) to decide if you agree with the translation.

As well as UESP, you also can check the Imperial library, a good link to start with is
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/hrafnirs-languages-nordic#Aldmeris

It should take you to the Aldmeri section, it is quite long but there is a comprehensive list of translations towards the bottom.
    Edited by Jim_Pipp on November 3, 2017 10:46AM
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • TheWaysOfYore
    TheWaysOfYore
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you guys, the Imperial Library article is exactly what i was looking for. :)
    "When the elven folk walked the land alone and sang songs of power amongst the trees and stars, Jephre the Singer walked with them."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    There are quite a few resources found through google. I geeked out to choose a lore friendly name for an Altmer and found there are lot's of contradictions between websites, so when possible go to the source (usually in game books that are also available online) to decide if you agree with the translation.

As well as UESP, you also can check the Imperial library, a good link to start with is
    https://www.imperial-library.info/content/hrafnirs-languages-nordic#Aldmeris

It should take you to the Aldmeri section, it is quite long but there is a comprehensive list of translations towards the bottom.
    Just to note that Hrafnir's language work is technically a fan creation, but it is definitely the best expansion of Tamrielic languages that exists, and it is used by mod projects like Beyond Skyrim and Project Tamriel. I believe that Bethesda may have also adopted a bit of it themselves.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp