Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Jet Hatemails cant melt steel Zenimax

TheRealSniker
TheRealSniker
✭✭✭✭✭
Im gonna list a few things that bother me continiously when playing this game

QUESTING: First of all you enter the game and expect some Skyrim/Oblivion quality questing and rewards, right off the bat you get slapped in the face cause you wasted that 20€ on a cheap retexture of Tibia(shoutout to my polish bros), questing is just grinding with bad rewards, cutscenes(Are those self made Animations or SFM?) are out of Sync and every character sounds grumpy. Most players(including me) will either uninstall after lvl 15 and move on with their successfull lifes or grow a neckbeard and farm for the next 2 weeks some useless quests until they find out you can grind a pack of trashmobs and get your lvl faster!(Is this even elder scrolls anymore???) Personally I've quit the game 3 times before I came back again in 2017 and harvested my neckbeard successfully cause I have nothing better to do with my life just like you here reading this.

CODING: In this game you can never be sure if your Skills and Gear are enough to beat a certain dungeon or kill a certain player, there are too many bugs for an average human being to calculate their success. Sometimes your heavy attacks dont work, sometimes your cloak doesnt work(wtf? xDDDD), sometimes you get thrown extra high into the air or your crit rush launches you into the nearest cave to mine some diamonds(watch out for lava fam).

Some extra bugs for you to fix:
Arena 7 vMA poison plants poison you even though you aren't standing in them, vCoS Dranos Velandors Adds sometimes dont spawn, No Animations or Sound in PvP, Spells sometimes dont fire but you lose resources, Every tick of soul trap reveals you from cloak, spells thrown before you go into cloak reveal you instantly, cant break free out of Fear, Your heavy attacks get blocked if you weave, randomly charging a heavy attack, etc... it can go on

Besides those bugs there is also a coding architecture, I as an engineering student just cant [snip] understand sometimes... How come my Abilities flicker when I nearly have the required stamina to cast them? How come my stamina pool is flickering (example: 3,2k > 3k > 3,2k)??? This will forever stay a mistery to me.
And please instead of creating 2 useless campaigns, focus your server power on two or even one single campaign where the ping is always 100ms+ even for someone who has an above average connection speed.
Btw zenimax, the fact that your pvp server Vivec(now) crashes casually makes me laugh at your companies name.

GAME DESIGN: Why does every single costume look so crappy? Are you even trying to sell your "costumes"? Why do designers of this game always have to take a huge chunk of crap, wrap it in some glitter and christmas paper and put it out to crownstore?
The only respectable few are those who created Clockwork city and the shrouded armor, every other Designer should get fired and enslaved in central-africa.
Why can't we get something as badass looking as Daedric or Nightingale Armor in Skyrim?!
For gods sake there are better Skyrim Modders than these "professionals" you hired.
My personal favorite [snip] is the breton Armor which looks rather funny than heroic lmao
And why the hell does Metal in this game look like dyed plastic? xDDDDD eggs dee

PVP: If you aren't maining a MagSorc or MagDK you can forget about Dueling

LORE: I'm sure cyrodiil was a jungle in the time the game is playing and Wardens have no place to exist but k.

Make sure to comment your favorite bug in this game.

[Edited to remove profanity]
Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 5, 2017 5:13PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So when does your game come out?
  • Wrubius_Coronaria
    Wrubius_Coronaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take-a-break-42062863_350.jpg
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I as an engineering student just cant [snip] understand sometimes...
    You just answered your own question. Engineers (and even more so the students) are by far the most narrow visioned people i have ever met.

And before anyone gets their panties in a twist, i'm also an engineer ...
    biggrin.gif

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 5, 2017 5:13PM
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what do you like about eso? And you can't really compare eso to skyrim as they're completely different games made by somewhat different developers.
    Edited by Runschei on November 2, 2017 11:06PM
  • mirta000b16_ESO
    mirta000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    QUESTING: First of all you enter the game and expect some Skyrim/Oblivion quality questing and rewards, right off the bat you get slapped in the face cause you wasted that 20€ on a cheap retexture of Tibia(shoutout to my polish bros), questing is just grinding with bad rewards, cutscenes(Are those self made Animations or SFM?) are out of Sync and every character sounds grumpy. Most players(including me) will either uninstall after lvl 15 and move on with their successfull lifes or grow a neckbeard and farm for the next 2 weeks some useless quests until they find out you can grind a pack of trashmobs and get your lvl faster!(Is this even elder scrolls anymore???) Personally I've quit the game 3 times before I came back again in 2017 and harvested my neckbeard successfully cause I have nothing better to do with my life just like you here reading this.

Seriously... You prefer Skyrim over the this? The most boring game where most quests are "go there and kill this" and there's literally NO variation in how they end?

Who are these most players by the way? That's certainly not how the game was received among my friends.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah, to be young again and idealistic...

yes, the world is full of chaos and disappointment - why expect differently in a video game...

for the record - I'm an engineer too...well, at least I got a piece of paper that sez so :)

PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't relate at all to anything the OP said. I have to wonder if we're even playing the same game.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there-i-fixed-it_c_2613165.jpg
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it even Elder Scrolls anymore because there's grinding?

Man, did you play Oblivion and Morrowind? No, I take that back. Did you play Oblivion and Morrowind and NOT grind your skills?

Morrowind had the worst grind because of that random miss chance mechanic. Oh, the ready availability of training helped a ton, but there was still a lot of early game grinding going on when the miss chance was at its worst.

I didn't grind too much in Oblivion, except for Armorer, and all the magic skills, and archery, and...oh who am I kidding. The whole leveling system with major and minor skills was a balancing act of micromanagement.

As for Skyrim, its a rare player who didn't haul out Shadowmere for a few rounds of weapon leveling or get giants to smash them for long enough to raise their block skill.

And crafting has always been an exercise in one-button-pushing.

ESO is far from the only Elder Scrolls game to mix roleplaying, questing, and strategic grinding.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This clearly is not the game for you. I'm glad you made this thread though. I thought it was becoming pretty disgruntled about ESO. After reading your post I realize I feel pretty good about it, comparatively.
    Edited by Reverb on November 2, 2017 11:45PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Khaeon
    Khaeon
    ✭✭✭

PVP: If you aren't maining a MagSorc or MagDK you can forget about Dueling

Dueling sir, is not PVP
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we see alot of complaint threads but this ones just babbleing. an fyi costume designs appeal to alot of us. its a matter of opinion i suppose if you like em or not.
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    there-i-fixed-it_c_2613165.jpg

nice watermark meme god
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    I as an engineering student just cant f*king understand sometimes...
    You just answered your own question. Engineers (and even more so the students) are by far the most narrow visioned people i have ever met.

And before anyone gets their panties in a twist, i'm also an engineer ...
    biggrin.gif

quote-isn-t-it-curious-that-narrow-minded-people-are-often-the-most-thickheaded-paul-frank-baer-139-43-67.jpg
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c'mon OP...it's all good - give us all a big hug...
    sending-you-a-great-big-52650-14740.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just quit this game already then. Go play something else. Actually all my guildmates, people I talked, grouped they all said ESO is far better than Skyrim. I played Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind too and I have to agree. ESO is a damn masterpiece even among MMOs. If the game is overwhelming for you take a break.

Anyway, you won't find any other game without bugs, with perfect balance or whatever you wish for.
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LORE: I'm sure cyrodiil was a jungle in the time the game is playing and Wardens have no place to exist but k.

When Talos became a god he went back in time and turned Cyrodil from a jungle into what we see today.

I'm not even [snip] kidding, this is ACTUAL LORE. And it wasn't even specifically tailored to ESO either. This became lore when Bethesda realized while making oblivion "Oh wait, Cyrodil is a jungle". It's supposed to explain away the reason why some books states that Cyrodil is a jungle in earlier Elder Scrolls games.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 5, 2017 5:14PM
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are closing this thread as commentary here has been non-constructive. For those interested in further ESO improvements there are other threads available at this time to continue discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.