Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Covenant Bug

RiaLucifer
RiaLucifer
Soul Shriven
Hello guys, first of all sorry for my bad english.
I'm pretty new to the game and I started as Ork in the Daggerfall Covenant.
When I first arrived at Glenumbra I did the quest where I have to protect the king. But now the dog for the main story doesn't appear who gives me the next quest.

I think I was too fast with the questing. Does someone has an idea how to trigger the quest again?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have probably done it already. Otherwise the quest with the assassins would not have popped up:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Blood_and_the_Crescent_Moon
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • RiaLucifer
    RiaLucifer
    Soul Shriven
    No, I'm very sure that I haven't done it yet. Even if I did, I would have triggered the next quest, but that's sadly not the case
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wander around the bank, if you have not done the quest related to Giblets he will come find you. If he does not you are done. Although you will see Giblets again. As a side note, go to the castle and look in the room to the left as you come in. Giblets will be in that room if you have finished what you need to do

I'd you need to go to the next stage find the farm outside of town to the East. You will see lots of spriggans and imps and fires
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RiaLucifer
    RiaLucifer
    Soul Shriven
    There's no guy called Giblets. If I check the castle he isn't there. But there's the dog, who should give me a quest. Even around the bank, there's nobody..
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giblets is the dog who gives you the quest that ultimately saves the king. He is in the castle after the quest to save the king is over and done.

So if the dog is in the castle, you have done the quest

• RiaLucifer
    RiaLucifer
    Soul Shriven
    My character's pretty new, I'm absolutley sure, that I haven't done this quest yet.
    Do you have any idea what to do now? I mean, I did safe the king, so there should be something more to do
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RiaLucifer wrote: »
    My character's pretty new, I'm absolutley sure, that I haven't done this quest yet.
    Do you have any idea what to do now? I mean, I did safe the king, so there should be something more to do

After you save the king in Daggerfall, no one appears to give you the next quest, and the dog goes away -- that's the way it is designed to work. What you're experiencing is normal and not a bug. There is no quest that you are "supposed" to do next; Glenumbra doesn't have a strictly linear main quest chain like that. Just go out into Glenumbra and pick up the quests you find.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so there should be something more to do
    While the game is usually holding your hand pretty well and dragging you along while questing in some instances you actually have to wander and look around for the next quest in line.

The link @Asardes provided has the answer. Click on the link for "Next Quest" which will tell you where to go to pick up the questline again.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 2, 2017 5:44PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a few more side quests in the city. Although to do the zone quest string leave town and make your way East. You will see a farm with Imps and Spriggans and stuff on fire. Help out there. Once your done here the Wyress will send you to the next place.

Note there are a couple of quests at the farm and further along another couple of side quests too.