The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Suggestion] Morph view Toggle

Jrk
Jrk
Hello!

I didn't feel the UI/Addons forum was the appropriate place for this as that submenu is purely for PC, so here I am in hopes of a minor tweak being considered for implementation on the PS4 (maybe Xbone too).

Often I refer to different resources for information, however they can be outdated, or misrepresenting as one change may take place on PC, but not on PS4 or vice versa. The best resource I use for accurate tooltip information (wording/values at least) is the game itself. I like to peruse through information as I am tinkering with a build, often going back and forth with ideas on paper before deciding on something final. I like to do that before I set out to farm gear & reset skill points. However, If I am in the initial brainstorming process or a first draft of a build and want to tweak and peak it again, in order to see the other morph choices I have to reset my skills. It may just be a remorph or a full reset. Either way, if I want to view the tooltips for all 3 in-game, a reset is the only option.

My suggestion is when you are on the skill menu looking at a skill from the list, you can press R3 to toggle the morphs. Currently you use the right stick to scroll up and down on the tooltip displayed on the right side of the screen. R3 is unassigned on menus, least that one. When clicked, the tooltip will flip, listing the other two available options. If you have an unmorphed skill, the 2 morphs are seen. If you are using one morph, the vanilla skill is listed with the second morph subsequent. If you were to press up on the left stick, when it highlights a different skill, you could either have it display the other morphs (reverting back to default with menu exit or reclick), or have it revert back to the currently specced morph tooltip with the toggle option available.

This way, before I put a single GP into a build, or just to satisfy a curiosity on something random build-wise as I'm waiting for a tank to return from AFK, I can look up a skill and it's available morphs from the most accurate source for information; the game.

Thanks!
Edited by Jrk on November 1, 2017 4:43PM