Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is Morrowwind worth it?

OhMyGawd-Versa
I play casually, mostly a magsorc cp 185 and stamblade aswell. Im picking up on mechanics quick but is that major content im missing out on? I have eso+ and bought 3 months to try it out for a time being, I could buy dlcs with crowns but will probably keep paying for eso+ i do like the idea of maybe a stamden or magden but havent truly looked into what they can really do, i returned from a year and a half vacation on ps4 currently on pc now. Another question i have is would or could their be a second chapter with another class if not thatll probably sway me more to trying out the only new class, but if anyone has any tips or info i missed out on please let me know.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I’d say it just depends.

Morrowind adds maybe 12 hours of new quest lines. These are quest lines...the Morrowind ones are good, but they’re not that different from quests all over the game. If you love those and want more, then that’s a plus for Morrowind. If you still have quests all over the game and you don’t love running them for the stories, that’s a minus.

You also get battlegrounds. To be fair, this is pretty specialized content, and my take has been that 90% of the player base ignores battlegrounds while the other 10% loves them. I haven’t liked them...but I hate non-CP play, and until Clockwork that’s all they’ve been. I’ll give them another chance when the new dlc drops.

Morrowind has some “treasure hunting” that I personally enjoyed, but not everyone would. I had fun running two types of dailies to collect two motifs, then I pickpocketed to collect three others. And I liked a quest where you’re supposed to find 30 lost anscetor shrines on the island...I did that without a guide and it took hours. All of this content is the sort of thing I like to do while watching the news and unwinding...there was another good 30 hours of just messing around Morrowind in these.

The biggest draw might be the Wardens. Sure...they’re fun...I love my Stamden. He plays closest to a stam Templar in ,y opinion...a little heavier on the dps, but lighter on the buffs and heals.

For me, Morrowind was worth it, but I did feel that it was a bit overpriced at $40. I think I view it as maybe worth...$25? Of course, it’s value to you is totally contingent on what you think about the content I’ve outlined. And nothing I’ve mentioned is THAT distinct from the rest of the game. If you have tons of dungeons and delves to explore and quests to run in the add game, then Morrowind is less attractive.

As far as the next chapter, ZOS is on a schedule to release four expansions per year, with the chapters coming out in Q2 (June). There will be one more dlc before that, which is yet to be announced. The next chapter will likely open a major area of the map...possible zones are Black Marsh, Elsweyr or the Sommerset Isles. I haven’t seen any other strong rumors on what else might come with it, but it’s pretty unlikely that they’ll add a sixth class. Based on everything they’ve discussed leading up to and after Morrowind, the Warden was a pretty big add and they don’t seem prone to doing that again for a while.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking back, I dont think it is worth it.

I have more fun with clockwork city DLC. I bought Morrowind for the BG which were a nice feature but now I dont play them anymore because they are CP enabled and CP is not fun for such small scale fights (undying tanks never die and so on), this is my personal likes and dislikes but I never set foot in Morrowind anymore. I dont find the PVE there exciting and the PVP is no more fun.

I would buy it if I was a huge morrowind fan or a big fan of the warden.

Edited by Morgul667 on November 1, 2017 8:46AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know.

For me, since Morrowind was/is my favorite part of Tamriel, and there is no co-op play option in the base game (I would buy it in a hot second - even with the old/original graphics), it was worth it. Morrowind with friends, yes!

Now in terms of quality?

Speaking specifically to Morrowind as done in ESO, No, not really.

Nix hounds are too small, cliff races should not be feathered, the world is tiny/squishy and everything is just smaller/cheaper and ... compares poorly.

Warden class? I love pets. It's fun to have a bear. Other than that I haven't gotten around to playing my wardens much, so I can't really say. Of the four "base" classes, Sorc, Templar & DK have roughly similar play styles and they are all reasonably fun. I still struggle with NB.

Warden seems to be reasonable.

Battlegrounds - um if you PvP and/or run Trials and/or duel, it's probably a lot of fun. Never tried it myself.

There are new motifs and patterns and such, but the drop rate is so low that unless you are farming for days of hours of weeks, you pretty much won't get one (I haven't, spouse hasn't, folks I play with have maybe ... 3 pages ... something like that). So not worth it in that sense.

For me, playing with friends "in Morrowind", even a poorly done version, trumps the rest, so it's worth it.

So I say what do you want/hope for out of it? Maybe it will be worth it to you.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    To me, not worth it. Frankly, I liked Orsinium much much more. Sure morrowind was a big nostalgia thing but even then, more than half the map is the mountain so that sort of sucks. Yes you get a trial and a jack of all trades master of none new class, but really, for me personally, I don't feel like it was worth the price tag. I'd wait till it goes on sale. I'm sure it will at some point. I'm not even sure how well it sold given there were some surveys sent out looking for feedback, one which I basically expressed this same line of thought. You don't usually go looking for feedback if you product sold well and your business is thriving. Bioware did the same thing for ME Andromeda, and Andromeda sucked by most people's opinions.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you can get it on sale, yes. Otherwise, nope.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you never played any ESO content, and if Morrowind is your very first ESO experience ... you will like it. If, however, you have played the base game and some of the other content, then it's easier to measure Morrowind against the other content, especially since not everyone values content the exact same way:

(1) Main quest line (1 being boring and 10 being highly immersive/interesting/intriguing)
    * Orsinium: 9
    * Thieves Guild: 8
    * Dark Brotherhood: 4
    * Morrowind: 7
    * CWC: 8.5
    CWC Note: I would have given it a 9, but the number of repetitive fetching-type quests brought the overall score down

(2) Visual appeal/terrain diversity and explorability (1 = everything looks the same (little visual diversity), not many hidden areas to discover & explore; 10 = lots of visual diversity, lots of hidden areas or nooks & crannies to discover and explore)
    Orsinium Note: terrain is very diverse ... ocean/water front; snow/ice; green grassy/hilly/summer'ish; dried grass/hilly/fall'ish looking areas topside. Old Orsinium (public dungeon) itself was also very diverse visually and is easily the most visually diverse looking public dungeon in the game ... (and probably the largest one too).
    * Thieves Guild: 7
    Thieves Guild Note: Hew's Bane is a gorgeous seaside city, outside of the city the top-side terrain is done very well, but is not very diverse. However, various underground areas are a different story and take on a look of their own. Also, there are quite a few of hidden nooks and crannies to discover and explore that helped raise the score in this category
    * Dark Brotherhood: 6
    * Morrowind: 8
    Morrowind Note: although graphically beautiful, it lacked visual diversity ... areas were either: 1.) highly colorful grassy, flowery, mushroomey ... OR 2,) bleak, rocky and lava'ish)
    * CWC: 8
    CWC note: Although visually way cool, it lacked visual diversity ... areas took on one of two looks, either 1.) steam-punk'ish - high tech, hilly/desert'ish; or 2.) gloomish (twilight-colorful, hilly, grassy)

(3) Farming (ores, cloth, rune stones, water, flowers - in terms of quantity of nodes and how quickly they re-spawn ... 1 being low and 10 being high)
    * Thieves Guild: 9
    * Dark Brotherhood: 6
    * Morrowind: 7
    * CWC: 6

Edited by Maryal on November 6, 2017 9:57PM
  • Robs_NB
    Robs_NB
    ✭✭✭
    No I really can't explain to you how much of a waste of money it is
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Probably not. Quite expensive and not a lot of content for what you're paying. I still got it though since I wanted to experience the content.
  • jnelson1182
    jnelson1182
    ✭✭
    I just started playing eso about a month, maybe a little less, ago & what about buying it just to have/experience the complete game. I knew about eso skyrim & the one or two before that but had never heard of eso online before so unknowingly I bought tamerial ,got home installed and began playing only to realize I enjoyed game very much & that for an mmo on console (Xbox one) there's quite a few people online most nights.the next day I began looking up the game only to find out how big it is as well as just how far behind I really was. I figured the best way to go about getting all the content I was lacking would be finding a decently priced copy of morrowwind, which I still ended up paying over $20 for. It was same price for the whole game as it was for just the digital upgrade so I ordered brand new copy of the whole game, one question I have is if Morrowwind will come with all of the dlc packs or if I will still have to get those separately? If Separate do you guys think it's cheaper to join eso plus to get dlc or just buying crowns for cash & using those to purchase the dlc.
    * Maccb- Level 50 DragonKnight- Fire mage type build/ BSW body, Valkyn Skoria mister set, & Willpower Jewelry/Random Flame/Lightning/Reston STAFF's
    **MBF**