Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High Sierra 10.13.1 (31 October Update) broke the Launcher

Mophet
Mophet
✭✭
I installed the latest update today High Sierra 10.13.1 and it seem to have broken the Launcher. I get this error when trying to use it=

ABORT: Pointer is NULL
(/Users/macbuildbox/solid/lib/emucore/emu-str.c/1481)

I can gain access to ESO via ESO Folder / game_Mac / Pubplayerclient / ESO but I cannot see a fix until the Dev’s do an update for it.

Has anyone else had this problem?
  • Mophet
    Mophet
    ✭✭
    As of 6-11-17 Im guessing there was an update to the main game. I can no longer open the launcher to update it so bypassing the launcher using the ESO Folder / game_Mac / Pubplayerclient / ESO so it no longer works.

Tried reinstall but the download from ESO accounts website does the same thing when trying to install it

ABORT: Pointer is NULL
    (/Users/macbuildbox/solid/lib/emucore/emu-str.c/1481)

Tried giving full permission for it to bypass firewall, shut all other apps, checked to see if automatic proxy was ticked under network setting but it is not.

All I can think of is going back to a previous OS version where it worked but this has a tendency to break a lot of other apps and why I have to jump through hoops for a problem thats been showing up on the mac since launch of ESO is beyond me.

167 days paid still on subscription and cannot play :(
  • kristokn
    kristokn
    My iMac unfortunately automatically updated overnight and I can no longer login to ESO. The Launcher shows updated but after hitting Play -> then login screen I get an error dialog that my Client is not up to date and to load the launcher.

90 subscription here, also unplayable :neutral:
    Khristoph - DC Sorcerer
    Khristian - DC Templar Healer
    Meerahl - DC Nightblade
    Sargøn - DC Warden
  • kristokn
    kristokn
    OK it took a while but I just did Game Options -> Repair in the Launcher and some files got patched, I'm in :smile:
    Khristoph - DC Sorcerer
    Khristian - DC Templar Healer
    Meerahl - DC Nightblade
    Sargøn - DC Warden
  • Castiel_Silvermist
    Castiel_Silvermist
    ✭✭✭
    My launcher didn't crash thank God, but my pointer has been screwed up majorly since the update. Turned off my addons and still same issue. wish my computer hadn't updated -_-
    GM of The Order of the Stars
    PC: NA
    Castiel Silvermist -- Stamblade DPS (AD) Wood elf
    Valokiloren -- Templar healer (AD) Dark elf
    Vidia -- Mag Sorc (AD) Breton

• Mophet
    Mophet
    ✭✭
    Been some time but I could not find any real fix to the problem I had except I made a new admin account and could use the launcher and update the game that way, then log out and relaunch the game from the Zenimax Online / ESO Folder / game_Mac / Pubplayerclient / ESO.

I started running into other problems from me trying out different ideas on why the launcher was broken and in the end backed up doc files and needed items. Made a bootable OS install, wiped the main Mac SSD and reinstalled from scratch.

Good news the launcher is working and ESO plays but now I got the disco graphics and as what Castiel Silvermist said with the mouse pointer issue.

I think the graphic problem and Mouse pointer issue is related, because I remember a similar issue to this a few years back in WoW. That turned out to be a something to do with a D-Sync with the graphic layering. So fore front graphics where not layering with backing meaning where you see the mouse pointer is not where it actually is, meaning it disappears from the screen.

This problem seems to affect the first time you open a new install of ESO too. When setting up the shader and selecting NA or EU the mouse pointer is invisible but if your lucky you can highlight the select and the press key required to Accept it. The invisible mouse pointer problem carries on until you put ESO into window mode and then finally you can see the mouse pointer.

But then of course you get the D-Sync with the mouse and I have no idea as yet how to fix that.