Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anything else to expect this year?

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just want to know, is there anything else will come out except new life?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store stuff!
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A broken update.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The schedule they announced when Morrowind was released was 1 chapter/expansion, 1 dungeon DLC, 1 bigger DLC and 1 free update (like Homestead) per year.

So far we've had Morrowind, Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City so there should be a free update with some new features but no new maps or quests. Then another chapter next year.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    The schedule they announced when Morrowind was released was 1 chapter/expansion, 1 dungeon DLC, 1 bigger DLC and 1 free update (like Homestead) per year.

So far we've had Morrowind, Horns of the Reach and Clockwork City so there should be a free update with some new features but no new maps or quests. Then another chapter next year.

We had Homestead this year too.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event wise?

I think we still have the double maelstrom loot in early november and the new life festival late december.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Homestead was this year.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were done on content, now its just the New Life festival.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible we start hearing and being teased with Q1 2018 update sometime in mid-late November though.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The free update won't be until Q1 - next year. We're done with updates for this year. Now its just patches and New Life Festival.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

The free update won't be until Q1 - next year. We're done with updates for this year. Now its just patches and New Life Festival.

We probably won't even get more than teasers for the next DLC until next year, so that the studio can take time off for Christmas.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Colovian Estates is in 2018, I’m tierd of seeing that gate we can’t enter in GC, lol
    Edited by Krainor1974 on November 1, 2017 10:50AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The bold part is something that everyone seems to get wrong.

Taken from this article at the start of the year
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25913

A new content Cadence

Because we will be regularly introducing Chapters to ESO, we are going to make a small revision to our content delivery cadence, starting this year. We will continue to ship quarterly updates to the game – each with a base patch that has all the balance, quality of life, and bug fixes that you have come to expect. Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter.

There will be two DLC updates, 1 at the start of the year, 1 at the end. There will a dungeon DLC in the third quarter and a chapter in the second quarter. There won't be a free update with no new content like they have done this year. There will always be new content every quarter with the usual base game updates included in them
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Black Fredas.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't say for sure but a lot of my guildies have been talking about some creature from the Clockwork City DLC supposedly saying ''131117 or 13.11.17'' which I would guess is a reference to November 13th. It may be a teaser to something or it may be a mislead, or even a misunderstanding. I have no clue but I thought I'd just leave this information here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    I won't say for sure but a lot of my guildies have been talking about some creature from the Clockwork City DLC supposedly saying ''131117 or 13.11.17'' which I would guess is a reference to November 13th. It may be a teaser to something or it may be a mislead, or even a misunderstanding. I have no clue but I thought I'd just leave this information here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D'oh I came here to mention this. There is a good thread on reddit. I kind of think there might be something to this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/79lher/the_announcement_for_the_next_chapterdlc_might_be/
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Colovian Estates is in 2018, I’m tierd of seeing that gate we can’t enter in GC, lol

Hell ****ing yes my brother!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be two DLC updates, 1 at the start of the year, 1 at the end. There will a dungeon DLC in the third quarter and a chapter in the second quarter. There won't be a free update with no new content like they have done this year. There will always be new content every quarter with the usual base game updates included in them

I will believe this when I see it, and not be surprised if I don't. I don't expect every quarter to have new Content (a new zone, quests, lands to explore). On the other hand, I don't expect them to be doing a lot of System updates, like Homestead and One Tamriel updates, either. If they need more time to finish things, I would rather they do that instead of holding to a quarterly release schedule.

I would rather see better Content than on-time Content.

Of course, when, or if, they do a quarter without Content, the peasants will be storming the gates with torches and pitchforks, talking about how "ZOS lied" or is "dropping the ball" on promises.

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bold part is something that everyone seems to get wrong.

Taken from this article at the start of the year
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/25913

A new content Cadence

Because we will be regularly introducing Chapters to ESO, we are going to make a small revision to our content delivery cadence, starting this year. We will continue to ship quarterly updates to the game – each with a base patch that has all the balance, quality of life, and bug fixes that you have come to expect. Additionally, we'll have a DLC in the first quarter of each year, a Chapter in the second quarter, a dungeon-based DLC in the third quarter, and a DLC in the 4th quarter.

Think free updates is just random, we had one tamriel who was an base game update. Housing is financed by crone store and eso+, we don't know that the next update is,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.