The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Motif Transmutation?

Samsayia
Samsayia
✭✭✭
I know lots of people have been begging for a layover paper doll system to have display armor vs their ugly stat warranting armor, and this is part of the high usage of costumes. But with the ability to modify gear once it's made with the trait transmutation system.....how hard would it be to make an extension to that system to allow players to modify the motif of the item?

Just throwing this idea in the idea bucket. The issue of having trillions of motifs in this game but players can't hardly use them with the high usage of drop sets needs to get addressed at some point and I was wondering if extending the transmutation system would be the silver bullet here. Master crafting writs don't force me to buy a motif page here and there enough to warrant me feeling the need to farm up all the motifs. Would also be nice to modify the motif of monster helms and shoulders cuz theeeeeyyy're rly ugly too for the most part. Some are cool, most are ugly.

If I had to pitch a way for ZoS to squeeze more money for it? Make the motif transmutation crystals come in packs of 10 you have to buy from the crown store or something, I unno. I could live with having to buy motif transmutation crystals.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I been asking for this since 1T.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    I been asking for this since 1T.

did ZoS ever put out a statement on if they care to make changes to item motifs? I only come on the website to read patch notes, admittedly i don't watch their update live streams or anything.

Now that the transmutation system is live in the game, I'm wondering if now would be a good time to bring all this talk back to the table.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has stated that they are working towards a Transmogrification system that would let you change the appearance of items. There is no ETA or details about how it will work.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has stated that they are working towards a Transmogrification system that would let you change the appearance of items. There is no ETA or details about how it will work.

^ Exactly this.

It’s actively being worked on at ZOS ... but we don’t know when transmog will be ready for players.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭

^ Exactly this.

It’s actively being worked on at ZOS ... but we don’t know when transmog will be ready for players.

perf. thanks!
  • AlexHound
    AlexHound
    Soul Shriven
    Waiting for this system from the first day of my eso playing. Hope ZOS will do it as soon as possible.
    Good question for me as a crafter: why should I learn all that styles if there no chance to use it. I'm not wearing crafted sets because of it stats.
    Give us a transmogrification system, guys.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos has already mentioned multiple times recently they are working on a system to change our gear to another style. ETA: Soonish.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah transmog!!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As long as it's kept out of the CS (as opposed to OPs suggestion). I WILL NOT buy any crystals from the CS to change the look of my gear.

We know they're working on it, and it's been requested since before 1T, so it's been a LONG time coming. Guessing it'll be a system that utilizes some new table and we'll have to hunt for some sort of transmog stone. I doubt it'll be as much of a grind as transmute crystals, since it's just changing the look of gear and might actually encourage more motif sales in the CS for those that don't want to grind/buy them in-game.