The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Homage to non cp bg's

INHUMANENATION
INHUMANENATION
✭✭✭
Welp before the unkillable infinite sustain aids builds climb out of Nickle or Bleakers to travel to Vvardenfell for BG's after CP is added. Some guildies and I decided to go in and melt some faces one last time for shiggles!

[url="http://"]https://youtu.be/A2iIO5-JVXs[/url]
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    R.I.P
    PC EU
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    R.I.P. Non CP BG's were the last entertaining facet of ESO for me.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Havent run into any unkillable infinite sustaining people in bgs since cp was enabled. you guys are essentially chicken little running around screaming the sky is falling.
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't played CP BG's yet, I am just foreshadowing and basing my opinion from the PC feedback. A lot of us paid $40 for BG's, and many of us voiced our concern with adding CP to BG's. Just because you haven't gotten unlucky yet doesn't mean it won't happen very soon.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    LokoMatic wrote: »
    I haven't played CP BG's yet, I am just foreshadowing and basing my opinion from the PC feedback. A lot of us paid $40 for BG's, and many of us voiced our concern with adding CP to BG's. Just because you haven't gotten unlucky yet doesn't mean it won't happen very soon.

its not about luck, there are no infinite sustain unkillable builds. at the worst you will run into people running a tank+healer combo with Stalwart guard that makes them hard to kill, but it can be done and if not then just switch to a target that's not turtling.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

its not about luck, there are no infinite sustain unkillable builds. at the worst you will run into people running a tank+healer combo with Stalwart guard that makes them hard to kill, but it can be done and if not then just switch to a target that's not turtling.

But what if that stalwart guard combo had each of their opponents relics? When this happened in no CP BGs we eventually killed them, but not before their two dps friends racked up some kills on our squad.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

But what if that stalwart guard combo had each of their opponents relics? When this happened in no CP BGs we eventually killed them, but not before their two dps friends racked up some kills on our squad.

in a perfect bg world- green team and purple team would team up on red to kill the tank/Templar combo(using red as the tank team cuz I just had this scenario last night) but the world isn't perfect :wink:

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Loko this guy doesn’t have a clue man..same guy in numerous threads saying he’s only seen on one hand unkillable builds in cyrodill..ever. Worse troll than IHateNightblades.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

Loko this guy doesn’t have a clue man..same guy in numerous threads saying he’s only seen on one hand unkillable builds in cyrodill..ever. Worse troll than IHateNightblades.

you're honestly an idiot. you wanna know how many unkillable people ive seen on pc in bgs since the update? big ol fat 0

keep complaining and stressing out over something you guys haven't experienced yet on a video game you play to enjoy
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's a valid concern. Non-CP is fast paced and e joys le right now. None of us were sat wishing for CP to improve BG as it wasn't needed, but there is the risk of the unkillable annoyances from Cyrodiil rocking up.

It's a valid realistic concern.

Great to hear that you think its changed nothing hope it remains that way
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    @BroanBeast1215 All credibility has been lost if you haven't seen an unkillable tank in cyrodiil.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havent run into any unkillable infinite sustaining people in bgs since cp was enabled. you guys are essentially chicken little running around screaming the sky is falling.

Your positioning relative to your group tends to be really far back. The tanks tend to sit on objectives. There are more than a few of them but I find it plausible that you just aren’t seeing them.

But that slaughterfish five duo with the guardplar and the warden tank... surely you’ve seen them.

Edited by Thogard on November 1, 2017 7:49PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BroanBeast1215 All credibility has been lost if you haven't seen an unkillable tank in cyrodiil.

Also openly stated he “never played AIDS [snip] nonCP BGs” lol

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 2, 2017 4:34PM
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Your positioning relative to your group tends to be really far back. The tanks tend to sit on objectives. There are more than a few of them but I find it plausible that you just aren’t seeing them.

But that slaughterfish five duo with the guardplar and the warden tank... surely you’ve seen them.
    honestly haven't, maybe we just play at different times? only annoying combo ive seen was two nights ago and it was a a healplar and dk tank that had stalwart on the Templar, we just ignored the duo and killed their DPS.

since this forum has wonky quoting system im not gonna bother replying to each post but; iirc one of you said you play on xbox1 so maybe there are more tank builds on that platform?

tbh I browse these forums while bored at work looking a fight/trolling cus its fun but there could be a number of different factors going into why you're seeing more un-killable tanks than I am(literally only one ive seen on PC NA is that severina draconis person on EP.) both of the guys I usually play with thought CP bgs were gonna be hella stupid but they both love them now. something to consider.
    Edited by BroanBeast1215 on November 1, 2017 10:28PM
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    CP BG's just dropped on the 4 so I'll check er out. I know personally I was all for CP when BG's came out. I'm just provincial and got used to running and magblade as a pve toon but simply swapped jewerly for bg's. W/ cp its a bit more work but I dont mind the challenge. I dont even mind if you're unkillable but alot of the times those people are just taking up space if they don't employ strategy and have little to no burn.

• Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Non cp or cp enabled battlegrounds will both always be garbage without match making. A bunch of ransoms vs a premade group is a mismatch. Zos really needs to give us options. Non cp/cp/solo que/Group que...
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    Tormy wrote: »
    Non cp or cp enabled battlegrounds will both always be garbage without match making. A bunch of ransoms vs a premade group is a mismatch. Zos really needs to give us options. Non cp/cp/solo que/Group que...

tl/dr: Not enough people to facilitate that many options.

I can't say for certain but im sure ZoS would love to give us those options. It's all about the amount of players. For reference I play on the 4. Typically when I Q for bg's it's the same people I play against meaning the amount of people queuing isn't high. I'm sure the allowance of CP is to encourage people to take a look. ZoS really does cater to the newer player I find, which I personally don't agree with but until they attach the amount of CP to someone's forum post we will be victim to the squeeky wheel getting the oil. I've played 3 years on console and posted maybe 5 times in the first two, every time i post something you have people calling for nerfing of this or that and their context and argument's seem to be very self centred and lack perspective.

It's been ages since area scaling has been implemented yet you will still find people calling the game trash because they can't one shot things in say Auridon, even though they are now in Coldharbor and feel they should easily defeat foes they fought at level 10. Utterly ignorant of the scaling. Sorry for the rant but long term players that enjoy the game complain to me all the time about what seems like knee jerk reactions to placate new players. I firmly believe consistency is more important than appeasing people that don't seem to grasp the bigger picture.

• INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to add that I know more than a few players that spend 6 out of 8 weeks trying to re-calibrate their toons to the small changes and only 2 weeks out of 8 actually playing. Swapping things back and forth isn't good for the community. Some people take weeks to farm their gear, gold it out, get experience and comfortable with their rotations, only to have BSW nerf'd and Scathing Mage buffed. Now the devs have said the difference between sets is marginal but the community isn't very forgiving of that and proclaim one must wear BiS so off they go to farm for a few more weeks, gold things out, relearn their character. Add in retooling to skills and it becomes almost sickening. I don't mean to come off severe or overly critical but games like these flourish with stability. I've lost alot of good guildies that simply refused to keep up with the joneses and moved to different games. It's also hard to encourage role playing in this game when you log out one day and the next day you log in your gear has changed. It's been forever since we've had any change in max gear level and a prudent player has to carry around or bank 120 slots worth of gear that might become BiS for no other reason than to give us something to farm and thats also, dare i say, insulting.

I love ESO and I do appreciate the effort the staff puts in to provide a fair and balanced world with regular BEAUTIFUL content added but catering to the casual player is harmful. The great thing about games like these are earning your stripes and becoming a monster thru play and experience. I can't even begin to explain the anxiety some people get when changes are announced, fearing exposure after finally getting comfortable enough to heal or tank. Vmol is a great example of the effect of these changes. It's been out forever now and you still have people thinking paying is better than trying simply because the playerbase that can adjust to these changes and be effective is low on at least the 4. Resulting in a two tier playerbase. Those that can roll with the punches and wish to, and those that just want to kill stuff and are sick of being called a scub.

Yup i went full rant lol.... mb. See you all in another 3 years...
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, are you seriously spreading this kind of ignorance around? Let me enlighten you, please reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKw1nN51PSs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yaSIwnweHE
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

wow, are you seriously spreading this kind of ignorance around? Let me enlighten you, please reference:

Yeah, ive watched those videos, and Ive seen those people out in openworld or in BGs. they aren't invincible.
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    Neither is Superman i guess :smiley:
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Neither is Superman i guess :smiley:
    if we're being technical, you're right. He isn't ;)

I am being highy facetious, don't take me seriously 90% of the time
    Edited by BroanBeast1215 on November 8, 2017 9:04PM
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    dbl post :(
    Edited by BroanBeast1215 on November 8, 2017 9:03PM
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    full disclaimer: Although my initial comment does come off if taken literally as though I'm upset with the changes, I'm not. I try and "be water" when it comes to eso. I have no qualms with a tank that can actually tank zergs and I appreciate the hard work many people put in to either create an amazing build within the confines of the system or even those that use someone else's build w/great effect. The amount of players that can be killed are plentiful enough to assuage my ego. :grin:
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

That tank, Veg plays in BGs and he dies all the time. Even the best tanks will get eventually get focused down in battlegrounds if they are standing on a flag. But still, the average survivability in CP BGs is too great.
    PCNA

• LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    We tried endlessly to prevent them from activating CP in BG's. Zos just never listens. SIGHS FOR DAYS
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

• INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
  • INHUMANENATION
    INHUMANENATION
    ✭✭✭
    I dont hate the player either. If you enjoy being the immovable object i respect that. This is more about balance.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest in peace BG
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if Fasold have tested BG's yet. Trust me, 4 man team can not take him down.