Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Daily game crashes?

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
After CWC, and more after the patch on Monday (10/30) my game is crashing - not kicked, just crashing. Logging in, switching toons, game either freezes so much that Windows kills it, or the ESO "your game crashed" screen comes up. And before you say "addons" - they have all updated, and I'm using fewer than before CWC dropped. And yes they're all on delay for init, and just stop now.

Looking for a '"yes I'm crashing more" or a "we're looking into it" type of response thanks.
Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 31, 2017 3:55PM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jep getting the same problem as you do... getting less than 5-10 crashes a day is a good day -.^
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK, I'm lucky then that I only get 1-3 crashes per day.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to happen if I play for any long time, or travel a lot by wayshrine. It acts a bit like the lua error when there was a memory leak before so I had to increase my lua memory limit in the settings file.
    It also seems it could be related to the graphical bug when you stay in the same zone hopping from wayshrine to wayshrine across the zone and back, usually during dolmen runs, that causes the ground to not properly load and remain low-res.

All of this points to the game filling a memory buffer/file until it is full because it doesn't refresh the data or wipe old/unused data like it should.

I've crashed twice each day most of the last 2 days, but today is already on pace to crash more often.
    And I NEVER had a crash like this before Clockwork City. I would get lag and booted back to login, but never crash to desktop with a windows popup saying anything.