The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Too big Helmets

Tarum
Tarum
✭✭✭
Hello there,
sorry in advance for my English :neutral:
anyone think that the head appears too big and cartoonish with helmet on, expecially heavy?
This is an example, compared with the very old Morrowind design for a variety of bonemold.
Does anyone think that helmet could be a tad smaller?
thanks!

Huge head for Hlaalu heavy helmet
105.png

Old Morrowind design
jtEjouP.jpg

Something in the middle (still better than eso in proportion)
DB-npc-Redoran_Guard.jpg

Some of my sculpts (the ones i'm allowed to share, not under copyright)
andreatarabella.blogspot.com.es/
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st of all, your english is very good, so no worries there.
    2nd of all, you can't really compare the helmets of Morrowind to the Helmets of ESO, especially since the ones from Morrowind are medium armor (as medium was the only type that Bonemold was available in back then), and this one is heavy, not to mention the fact that in Morrowind, the character models were thinner than in ESO. Also, the one there is "Native Gah-Julan" bonemold, and the "Hlaalu styled" one is called "Armun-An" which actually does show to be, comparatively, about the same as the "Hlaalu" ESO helmets. MW-item-Special_Medium_Helms.jpg
    Gah-Julan is the bottom left, and Armun-An is the top middle helmet.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Humperdoo
    Humperdoo
    ✭✭✭
    Get bigger body.
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    This have allways been an eso problem sadly. Especially on Female chars.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the helmets are two big, made worse by the fact eso hasn’t heard of the idea that a neck needs armour as well, most female charecters have hidden helmets because it stops them looking like they have a coal scuttle on their head :D
    Edited by Integral1900 on October 31, 2017 6:54AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20091119222002

Look fine .
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My problem is not the size. It´s the lack of bonemold textures.
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try wearing Maw of the infernal monster helm on an argonian....lol
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Tarum
    Tarum
    ✭✭✭
    1st of all, your english is very good, so no worries there.
    2nd of all, you can't really compare the helmets of Morrowind to the Helmets of ESO, especially since the ones from Morrowind are medium armor (as medium was the only type that Bonemold was available in back then), and this one is heavy, not to mention the fact that in Morrowind, the character models were thinner than in ESO. Also, the one there is "Native Gah-Julan" bonemold, and the "Hlaalu styled" one is called "Armun-An" which actually does show to be, comparatively, about the same as the "Hlaalu" ESO helmets. MW-item-Special_Medium_Helms.jpg
    Gah-Julan is the bottom left, and Armun-An is the top middle helmet.

Hello, and thanks for your comment :)
    I love all the bonemold armour from TESIII. I think they mixed a bit the styles to get a good result, as in fact Hlaalu actual shoulderpad resemble the Gah-Julan (redoran) from morrowind, so i don't mind compare the houses "motif" from the different games :)
    Actually every helmet looks too big (expecially on thin races), i wish they could fix that.

Humperdoo wrote: »
    Get bigger body.
    I wish i could, my character have the bigger body/muscle ratio to avoid this. It Works perfectly with my orc, less with my dunmer, still most of helmets looks bad on him :(

My problem is not the size. It´s the lack of bonemold textures.
    Agree 100% with you. If i could do a retexture i would do that myself :)
    This is out of the topic, but actually this digital sculpt I did is a real tribute to bonemold, and I think i nailed the Surface texture. Bonemold It's my favourite thing in videogames, really!
    container_the-soul-stealer-3d-printing-131485.jpg
    Edited by Tarum on October 31, 2017 10:51AM
    Some of my sculpts (the ones i'm allowed to share, not under copyright)
    andreatarabella.blogspot.com.es/
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As one of the Corners of the Dunmeri House of Troubles, it would appear that Sheogorath has cursed the Dark Elves of the Second Era with maddening bobbleheads.