The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dolmens in Alikir can't get the drop from the boss

Lirkin
Lirkin
✭✭✭✭
There are large groups and even though I drop a skill before the mob spawns I can't get the kill so I don't get the drops.Happened multiple times in a row now. I hit it with skills as fast as I can but nothing. I get the dolmen chest but not the witches drop.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest a different zone, and a dolmen that is not conveniently located by a wayshrine.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can be hard to get loot at heavily populated dolmens, especially if you aren't a part of the groups that go to the different dolmens. I believe you have to do at least 3% of damage to creatures in order to get loot.

As long as you are waiting about 3 minutes for the timer on skulls to reset, here's some suggestions for how to improve your chances.

Equip AOE skills and non-target spells so that you get a little damage on more enemies. Ground-based DOTs and aoes will damage enemies even if they aren't loading in for you.
    When the boss starts to drop, have a ground-based DOT waiting for him, and if you have one, drop a non-targeted ultimate so you do more damage.

The best way to guarantee a drop is going to be to move to a zone where there are less people running the dolmen.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest a different zone, and a dolmen that is not conveniently located by a wayshrine.

Yes, it is dependent on doing enough DPS if the group there is very large. Even healers get the shaft if they do not do enough healing, actual replacing lost HP.

As others said, go to a less populated area. You may be in an area that is easy to access or has worthy loot.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes but in a different zone the drops from the dolmen are different.

I just think that in cases like this that they should not base the special drops on the damage.

I figured it was a damage issue but that sucks
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is exactly why I just started joining the groups. I had no luck getting into them until someone told me to just type "x" into zone chat.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lirkin wrote: »
    Yes but in a different zone the drops from the dolmen are different.

I just think that in cases like this that they should not base the special drops on the damage.

I figured it was a damage issue but that sucks

Here is the deal. If there are more than 12 players around, then only 12 of the players who do some damage, or heal others who do some damage, will get the boss loot drop. As to what 12 players, its all RNG.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try to do some dmg,
    lay an aoe on bossspampoint on the left from the stairs
    buff up
    then throw in your skills like tornado or endless hail
    not much more to do
    otherwise go to an dolmen that is way off a dolmen

don´t worry, every event has an end!
    Edited by Azurya on October 31, 2017 2:13PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spam light attacks during the pinion phase and then drop an ultimate on the boss. Increases your chance at getting a drop when there are a ton of players at the dolmen.
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did as all of you are recommending. I dropped spawn point and then blasted my skills when the boss came but nothing multiple times. I went full out during the mobs spawning also. The boss was dead in way less than a second from the magic users in groups.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, only 12 players get boss loot. Does not matter whether a Dolmen Boss/General or World Boss or a Daily Boss. Does not matter what you do either, only 12 random players involved in the fight get boss loot drop.

If you want loot from a boss on a kill don't be around more than 11 other players.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other zones I get the boss loot every time with the dolmens loaded so I guess this one zone is special.