The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NAME & RACE CHANGE

CBixby
CBixby
✭✭✭
If you purchase a Name And Race change token but do NOT change your race can you still alter your characters appearance? I’m happy with my race and would like to keep it. I simply don’t understand why I need to purchase two separate tokens for a name and appearance change.

Best Answer

• SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the race change token you have almost complete access to the customization options. The only thing you can't change are name and class.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
    Answer ✓
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The name token and the race token would be separate even if you bought them together, so you could use just one of them if you wanted to, and save the other token for later.
    Yes, I believe the race change token would allow you change your appearance without changing your race, but of course it will give you the option to change the race too, obviously.

If you do decide to change your race, though, please remember that the race change token will only work with the other two races in your alliance, though, unless you unlock being able to truly change to any race by buying the Adventurer Pack (I believe it's the Adventurer Pack ... please double-check this before you buy it, in case I'm wrong). ZOS doesn't feel the need to tell people that their "race change" token only applies to two other races unless you ALSO buy an additional pack.

Edited by SydneyGrey on October 31, 2017 1:42AM