The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game getting stale

ereboz
ereboz
✭✭✭✭
I love ESO. I've played since first beta and will continue playing every day until the end. But with all the new content that gets added, it's basically just new zone, new gear sets, new trial once in a while. It doesn't last long before it gets boring. What would you guys like to see that keeps the game interesting and fun logging into everyday?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Play other games every now and then. Break up the time you're in game with something else.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah would love some stuff to do at end game sure trails is fun but not on a daily base.. PvP is dying especially during events and less busy hours so something to do then would be great
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New systems like transmog and spellcrafting will hopefully breathe new life back in. It will give people more ways to spend their time in game and add a whole new level of customization which is what Elder Scrolls and MMOs should be all about.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is that transmog transmute has been put out of reach of a casual solo PvE player like me.

Needless to say there are too many issues with PUG vet groups that's it's not worth the effort.

Edit: Change tramsmog to transmute...sheesh...
    Edited by OldManJim on October 31, 2017 10:41PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OldManJim wrote: »
    Problem is that transmog has been put out of reach of a casual solo PvE player like me.

Needless to say there are too many issues with PUG vet groups that's it's not worth the effort.

I think you’re thinking of transmuting. Transmog isn’t actually in the game yet. Still being developed. Hopefully nowhere near as gated as transmutation
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The game does indeed get boring very quickly sometimes.. or all of the time for people like me. These days, I take a 3+ month break from the game, then I come back for a couple weeks when I’m in the mood for pvp or something.. then I’m bored again.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    cmetzger93 wrote: »
    Problem is that transmog has been put out of reach of a casual solo PvE player like me.

I think you’re thinking of transmuting. Transmog isn’t actually in the game yet. Still being developed. Hopefully nowhere near as gated as transmutation

How is transmutation gated? It's an online game, so anything worth having should always require group content. There is 'tons' of solo content which is more than most mmos offer. But an online game should never tailor to solo players.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ereboz wrote: »

How is transmutation gated? It's an online game, so anything worth having should always require group content. There is 'tons' of solo content which is more than most mmos offer. But an online game should never tailor to solo players.

Gated in the sense that you have to get a large amount of crystals to change one items trait. Not saying it’s a bad thing.....
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play other games every now and then. Break up the time you're in game with something else.

Exactly this. Anytime I get burnt on ESO, I go play something else. Usually another RPG of some sort.

Doesn't last long till I come back, but by then I'm refreshed and the game is fun again.
    PC-NA Goat
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I am entirely in agreement with you. I've played since beta too, one of each class at top level. The game DOES get stale, unfortunately. Morrowind's release of the Warden was nice, but not enough; no new skills for any of the pre-existing classes was really *** IMO. I for one have taken several breaks of varying lengths since ESO came out, and I'm on another break. Witches Festival brought me back for a little, and Clockwork City was a fun stort quest, but until there's something to frshen up the old classes, I certainly won't be playing much. I've been one of the many people crying for Spellcrafting for ages now; it would bring so much needed diversity to the game.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also love to see spellcrafting, but until they can balance the existing skills, classes, etc, I'm afraid spell crafting would completely break the game
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoops, yes I was meaning transmute. :smile:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love ESO. I've played since first beta and will continue playing every day until the end. But with all the new content that gets added, it's basically just new zone, new gear sets, new trial once in a while. It doesn't last long before it gets boring. What would you guys like to see that keeps the game interesting and fun logging into everyday?

But it is now with 75% more heavy attacks!
  • Midori_Oku
    Midori_Oku
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I would like to see more content like Dragonstar Arena, and Maelstrom Arena. Especially something that is made for six to eight players instead of just the normal four or twelve. I wouldn't even mind seeing just new dungeons that allows slightly larger groups. It sucks seeing people being left out of doing content just because the player cap is always set at four.
    Midori Oku - Female High Elf - Magicka Sorcerer
    Allesse Nightvale - Female Wood Elf - Stamina Dragonknight
    Raelette Velaoche - Female Breton - Magicka Templar
  • Phatmattfu
    Phatmattfu
    ✭✭✭
    Some more creative set designs.
    Everything is homogenized stat numbers.

Pretty sure the majority is running hundings / julianos as one of their sets with a overland or dungeon set that was available from the beginning of the game.

Pretty sad when no one is touching the new sets they are introducing. I guess they have painted themselves into a corner with how all sets are equal.

I want some class specific sets that manipulate skills etc.

eg. A set that gives warden bear cleave.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spell-crafting would be interesting but something like that is especially difficult to implement and have it balanced in a game like this. And like everything else someone will find certain spells that you can create that are better than the rest you can make and most will be running around with those except the 'play as I want' crowd. It would give a false sense of diversity.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stale? You can quest, steal, murder, collect flowers, fish, play alliance war, duel, go to battlegrounds, do crafting writs, run dungeons, run trials, decorate a home, go to a solo arena... so much to do, so little time!

Maybe it would help you to take a small break, and then come back refreshed.
    Edited by Khenarthi on October 31, 2017 2:13PM
    PC-EU
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you're casual player you don't need BiS traits on your armor and weapons, so why do you even need transmute system?
    Also, join a guild and don't pug.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    we need spellcrafting. or something like that which will expand the capabilities in non-trivial way. Even if balance will be a bit broken - who cares, this game never had balance...

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have JC than Spellcrafting
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    meh, I am not a fan of massive pvp. I need something along the lines of pve.

-vovus
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number one thing I could tell you is to find a guild to join and make friends.

If some random person didn't invite me to my first social guild (one with active teamspeak), I would have dropped this game over a year ago.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, we are talking about the game improvement. If you want social interaction - go outdoor. You have a lot of this irl.

-vovus
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe some true character advancement maybe some true alternate advancement and progression.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't offer any other suggestions than take breaks and play other games etc.

It's unique that this game has taken so much of my time and continiue to do so but it's getting easy to call for breaks now and I don't expects too much of the game these days.

After every break I try to do something new in the game or something I haven't done in a long time. If you've done it all then I suggest just to take a month off and see how you feel.

Go buy a Switch :smile:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New systems like transmog and spellcrafting will hopefully breathe new life back in. It will give people more ways to spend their time in game and add a whole new level of customization which is what Elder Scrolls and MMOs should be all about.

My issue with anything added i.e., transmutation or spellcrafting (hinted in some news here and there with the next chapter) is everything ends up gated behind the Crown Store. 1250 WV for Transmute Station or 4000 crowns, spellcrafting will be more of the same. Buy it or grind til you die.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • aubrey.baconb16_ESO
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Problem is that transmute has been put out of reach of a casual solo PvE player like me.

If you're casual player you don't need BiS traits on your armor and weapons, so why do you even need transmute system?
    Also, join a guild and don't pug.

Maybe I don't "need" BiS traits, but playing as I like, maybe I'd like to have them and they are denied to me. Also solo means just that, solo, as in alone, not in a pug or a guild.
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue with anything added i.e., transmutation or spellcrafting (hinted in some news here and there with the next chapter) is everything ends up gated behind the Crown Store. 1250 WV for Transmute Station or 4000 crowns, spellcrafting will be more of the same. Buy it or grind til you die.

@SGT_Wolfe101st
    I haven't transmuted anything yet, but I thought there was a public transmutation station available in the Brass Fortress?
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    we need spellcrafting. or something like that which will expand the capabilities in non-trivial way. Even if balance will be a bit broken - who cares, this game never had balance...

-vovus

Could not agree any more.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »
    I'd rather have JC than Spellcrafting

I dunno “the guys” are on the fence about this because of “stuff.”
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.