Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

drop rates on pelts and crafting hides are too low.

Dracofyre
Dracofyre
✭✭✭✭
i know RNG really sux big time for some players who get a terrible average of 1 in 8 kills and others get very lucky with 2-3 extra pieces per kill, these bad runs of RNG made them costly due to repairs, sometimes these mobs are overcamped or overfarmed with other players in the areas while you need more to restock.
writs and often master writs can depleted those pretty fast from inventory.

devs, you need to realized this situations, doing 1-2 hours just to get 60-80 refineable hides just to get 45 needed for each writ and used more for lower pre-160cp.
i had noticed many just had avoid bears, bull netches, lions, and other large feral type creatures since they takes too many hits and wasted too much time and most players rather do those easy kill mobs for less hits.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is more than one way to get the mats you need and there are more efficient ways to get them through killing mobs. You may not like those options but at least there are options. In 1 - 2 hours some players could get over 1000 raw leather mats.

Once you start doing writs on 12+ characters a day you'll find you have tons of leather and are constantly struggling to get the ancestor silk you need.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    some are very lucky and some folks got very bad RNG drop rate or almost none for next 5-10 kills.

devs need better solution rates on survey maps
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is more than one way to get the mats you need and there are more efficient ways to get them through killing mobs. You may not like those options but at least there are options. In 1 - 2 hours some players could get over 1000 raw leather mats.

Once you start doing writs on 12+ characters a day you'll find you have tons of leather and are constantly struggling to get the ancestor silk you need.

I agree - my Rubedo Hide stash keeps growing while I struggle to get enough Silk for my writs. I have no trouble getting hide and the survey maps are out of whack. I collected 8 surveys this weekend and pretty much ended up dead even in my ratio of silk to hide while the writ ratio is 1 hide writ for every 2 silk writs. I should be getting double the silk from survey maps, not pretty much even. I had exactly 2 silk nodes double, both for 38. I had 3 hide nodes double for 54 and 60! Plus, I got the high end more than the low end (32 vs 24). I rarely even get the high normal end of 20 on silk and usually get 18. So, I barely get 80 silk in a survey and can easily get 50 or more hide each survey. Plus, farming hide is easier as mobs spawn more frequently and you can kill them with other players around and each can get hide from the mobs, while only one is going to get that silk node.

Plus, you also get XP and trash loot you can decon/sell, but farming nodes is just riding around in loops and competing with other players for the nodes. Heck, I can get a decent amount of scraps just doing normal questing or some dungeons/delves, but if I want silk or any of the other mats, I have to take time out and go farm them specifically.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dracofyre wrote: »
    i know RNG really sux big time for some players who get a terrible average of 1 in 8 kills and others get very lucky with 2-3 extra pieces per kill, these bad runs of RNG made them costly due to repairs, sometimes these mobs are overcamped or overfarmed with other players in the areas while you need more to restock.
    writs and often master writs can depleted those pretty fast from inventory.

devs, you need to realized this situations, doing 1-2 hours just to get 60-80 refineable hides just to get 45 needed for each writ and used more for lower pre-160cp.
    i had noticed many just had avoid bears, bull netches, lions, and other large feral type creatures since they takes too many hits and wasted too much time and most players rather do those easy kill mobs for less hits.

I can't believe this is a complaint anymore. Mudcrabs. Always mudcrabs. Two greats spots along the coast of either greenshade or grahtwood (can't remember but you'll know it when you find them).

Clean pelt, hide, mudcrab chitin and decorative wax. all drop from mudcrabs.

There are faster ways to gather hide, but nothing is more lucrative overall.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    usually mudcrabs and wayrest sewers I - you will have a lot of hide from rats in it. You can do WS1 even with PUG - this is soloable dungeon for almost all cp690+ chars.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    I have ton of this crap? and do try to sell every once in awhile on trader(s)
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    cool, thanks all, will have to check out.
    i was doing wolves by windhelm, eastmarch, it was fine until there too many are there to hunt.
    Edited by Dracofyre on November 1, 2017 10:23PM
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, sell your silk and buy oodles of leather if you have the silk to spare. I also have a million leather >_< If you're on NA PC, poke at me and I'd love to trade.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    silk are easy, they are usually yields 4 per pull, sometimes they gives 6 or 7, but leathers seem dont have it, drop rates are terrible.
    i cant fathom why devs put leathers on crabs since they are shell/exoskeleton. they often dont drop, more like finding 1 in 6 kills or 1 in 10 kills.

as others said, make 12 alts for "hirelings" mail-farmers. i only played 2 alts. that way too much for me to leveling all other alts if i make more.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't believe this is a complaint anymore. Mudcrabs. Always mudcrabs. Two greats spots along the coast of either greenshade or grahtwood (can't remember but you'll know it when you find them).

Clean pelt, hide, mudcrab chitin and decorative wax. all drop from mudcrabs.

There are faster ways to gather hide, but nothing is more lucrative overall.

i know a pair of mudcrabs. kill them, loot them, and then say: what the? i coulda sworn i just killed these. rinse and repeat.
    i reckon they respawn faster than anything else in the game. and no, my farming spot.