The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Each Update causes Launcher to be nonresponsive.

Armenua
Armenua
✭✭✭
Every time there is a new update, once it has finished installing it, I always have to do a repair, which I do, and then I have to close the program altogether and restart it in order to log in. That is fine, though a bit of a hassle. Lately, even with the repair, once all is installed and repaired, when I open up the launcher, the Play button doesn't respond to my clicking. Before, all I had to do was to reboot my computer, and it would be fine. Now even a reboot doesn't fix it. The Play button, when clicked, doesn't open the program.

Anyone have any advice for me?

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of us don't use the Launcher other than Patch Days. Its just another program that has to initialize, connect to the server, download some news then it lets you play the game. Since the only function you care about is launching the game, bypass it.

Instead, make a shortcut to ESO64.EXE and put that somewhere convenient. If you have Steam, just make sure it's running before using the Shortcut. You can find the ESO64.exe in the root directory for the installed game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Armenua
    Armenua
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Instead, make a shortcut to ESO64.EXE and put that somewhere convenient. If you have Steam, just make sure it's running before using the Shortcut. You can find the ESO64.exe in the root directory for the installed game.

When i try to open up the game with the shortcut to the EXO64 app in my program files, I get a crash error each time, so that doesn't work for me... any other hints?

Yes, another update today and the Play button doesn't respond
    Options