The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can we delete CTF and Chaos Ball?

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
If not I'm just going to keep leaving those matches. Not wasting my time on these.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Or how about you let us choose our match type rather than be forced to do these objective based matches.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then almost everyone will be playing Deathmatch and nothing else
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't like Deathmatch so let's delete that one as well.

Guess we only have domination now unless someone personally wants that gone as well.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

If you don't like fighting with players, why do you do PvP then...? :confused:
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

It was a joke. Maybe I should have put my normal troll face on the post.

I was making fun of how players want things to be removed because they don't like them.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Then almost everyone will be playing Deathmatch and nothing else

People playing the way they want to? What a concept!
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

It was a joke. Maybe I should have put my normal troll face on the post.

I was making fun of how players want things to be removed because they don't like them.

You know what we call game modes that force people to play matches they have no interest in? Underpopulated.
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have never heard someone say that he prefers the domination, relic or chaos ball games over deathmatches. Most people don't care for objective and go for kills in those games. So most of those matches end up 500:0:0. Zos should be aware of players wish to choose the game mode
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »
    I have never heard someone say that he prefers the domination, relic or chaos ball games over deathmatches. Most people don't care for objective and go for kills in those games. So most of those matches end up 500:0:0. Zos should be aware of players wish to choose the game mode

There's no way they're not aware. They're just being stubborn.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    TarrNokk wrote: »

I've heard plenty say they prefer the objective game modes, including many players who excel at deathmatch. True that CTR is the least popular, but with some tweaks to mechanics and medal scoring it could be great fun again and it remains one of the most tactic-intensive gamemodes to win. If we had the POP, choice of game mode would be ideal. But till then, slot some immovs and play the objective you were given. You might even have fun.
    PCNA

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos needs to come up with a better penalty for those who regularly drop the group because they cannot handle PvP outside of specific formats.

The best punishment would be to lock them out of death match.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the relic is heavyily unbalanced leading to stamina rollie pollies picking up the relic and sprinting faster than i can gap close or attack. BS as a magic user.

Chaosball leans heavy toward tanks (even more noticable now with CP). Pretty much impossible to do as DPS. Unless...unless ur a stamina dps sprinting around the map faster than magic can keep up.

Deathmatch always ends up being 12 man blobs of AoE damage. May the most AoE damage win.

Flag games are the only two i enjoy, teams tend to split up more, less chance of comming across a full group. More chance of fibding a lone flipper. The basic four flag one is fun, the new crazy king is the most fun BG i have played.

As much as i enjoy CP battlegrounds, having my sustain back is amazing, being able to just keep fighting instead of standing there for five waiting for regen just to have 20 seconds of combat. But i am noticing the dynamics of BGs change. The game modes, what worked before as a tactic doesnt quite cut it in CP...just an observation.

I dont leave BGs cause i like requeing. But more and more i think about it. Certain gamemodes just lead to BIS builds. And my DPS magplar is not BIS for any of them, regardless of what my 1vX or 1v1 capabilities are. A bit upsetting...
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No need to delete certain play modes. Just add an option to choose your preferred play modes when you queue. Yes some modes will likely have longer queues, but at least people get to play what they want. They could also add a private match option so you and 11 friends can all queue together and avoid pugging completely.

Why ZOS has this desire to force unwanted modes and force pug grouping is something I can't quite understand. In theory it would force more people into the queues, but it can have the opposite effect and keep people out of them or have those players quit when an undesired mode comes up. Notice I use the word "force" a lot. That's not a sign of a well developed system when players need to be forced to do things by mechanics.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No need to delete certain play modes. Just add an option to choose your preferred play modes when you queue. Yes some modes will likely have longer queues, but at least people get to play what they want. They could also add a private match option so you and 11 friends can all queue together and avoid pugging completely.

Why ZOS has this desire to force unwanted modes and force pug grouping is something I can't quite understand. In theory it would force more people into the queues, but it can have the opposite effect and keep people out of them or have those players quit when an undesired mode comes up. Notice I use the word "force" a lot. That's not a sign of a well developed system when players need to be forced to do things by mechanics.

Amen to that!
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos needs to come up with a better penalty for those who regularly drop the group because they cannot handle PvP outside of specific formats.

The best punishment would be to lock them out of death match.

Players are constantly thrown out of BGs or land in endless loading screens through no fault of their own.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU