The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Having to Sub + buy morrowind is a barrier to playing again

Kahrgan
Kahrgan
✭✭✭
I wanted to pick up this game again, and play a warden, and subbing, while not necessary for everyone its a necessity to me. Morrowind is still full price, so now I dont even feel like bothering.

Just saying... Im probably not the only one.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    depending on where you look, morrowind can be cheap
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazon.co.uk are selling it for between £11.15 (on PS4) and £23.16 (on PC), and I think that's the full version rather than the upgrade. I suspect if you shop around you can find it even cheaper than that.

Also if you're only just coming back to the game I'd suggesting holding off on subscribing for at least a week or so. Make sure you want to stick with for at least a month before you spend even more money on it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe if ESO has no territorial lock you are free to buy a key in other countries, especially those with lower purchasing power. In my country the game Tamriel + Morrowind PC key starts from 17-18 GBP / 23 USD in Allegro.
    If you know where to buy you can save some cash.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are various affordable alternatives to paying the box price for Morrowind, as others have pointed out.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Kahrgan
    Kahrgan
    ✭✭✭
    Having to buy from an outside source is silly, the expansion should either come with the sub, or be discounted by now.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morrowind is explicitly not a DLC, it is a Chapter, therefore ZOS does not include it with a subscription.

This is a fact that has been hashed out plenty of times on the forums, and unfortunately you are several months late in order to add your voice to the chorus of disappointed subscribers complaining about such a blatant money grab on ZOS' part.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe wait it out....holidays are coming in the US.
    Personally I don't mind buying DLC but would've much preferred all to be like Morrowind or all to be under the DLC that aligns with ESO Plus and crowns.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kahrgan wrote: »
    I wanted to pick up this game again, and play a warden, and subbing, while not necessary for everyone its a necessity to me. Morrowind is still full price, so now I dont even feel like bothering.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-upgrade

50% off and also another 10% off with the code FANATICAL10.

Have fun.
    PC-NA Goat