The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

"You have queued to recently" 12 min penalty??

Jayman1000
Jayman1000
✭✭✭✭✭
So the three other members of my group left the group, but I didn't leave the group. Yet I still get a penalty because ""You have queued to recently"....

How the hell does this make any sense? Why am I being punished?

YYlDibo.png

UPDATE: After some testing I have learned that the 15 minute penalty timer does indeed begin counting when you enter the dungeon. So yes, the penalty is indeed applied to everyone when entering the dungeon. What a simplistic system. I don't know if the penalty is automatically removed if last boss is killed before the 15 minutes has passed since I haven't tried doing a dungeon in less than 15 minutes ;)
Edited by Jayman1000 on October 29, 2017 10:25PM
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get the penalty as soon as you enter the dungeon. Simple as that. Every MMO has this.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    You get the penalty as soon as you enter the dungeon. Simple as that. Every MMO has this.

actually thats false, coming from wow myself you only get the punishment if kicked or leave willingly with a completed group made.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And you think it makes sense to punish me?
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

actually thats false, coming from wow myself you only get the punishment if kicked or leave willingly with a completed group made.

That makes sense, this is how it should be.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i noticed that the 15 min cooldown was't very consistent recently.

queued to tank a normal random dungeon on my low level alt,
    got into Bloodroot as replacement, healer stopped healing and left the group when boss was at 30% health because he thought we were not listening to his orders. group disbanded but i did not get a cooldown.
    queue again and immediately got into ICP. whined abt getting another DLC dungeon instead of an easy one, that other healer was pissed and kicked me at first boss. once again no cooldown for me.

queue again and immediately got into CoA1 and got my xp and skulls easily.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a bad system and always has been. Everyone gets a timer no matter what. It starts when you enter the dungeon. So no matter who leaves it or what happens you all get punished. Id like them to fix it, to be more like other mmos. But it seems everytime they do anything with the group finder, the group finder is then broken for months.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    So the three other members of my group left the group, but I didn't leave the group. Yet I still get a penalty because ""You have queued to recently"....

YYlDibo.png

you are right, it does not make any sense!!!

nor does it make any sense to punish anyone who gets kicked from the group with a 15 minutes penalty!!!!
  • Vimora
    Vimora
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gosh, seems you could benefit from a break if you get so mad as to post this to the forum. Not judging, just saying.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vimora wrote: »
    Gosh, seems you could benefit from a break if you get so mad as to post this to the forum. Not judging, just saying.

oh but you are judging. But I agree, we need a break from terrible design :O)
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

YYlDibo.png

you are right, it does not make any sense!!!

nor does it make any sense to punish anyone who gets kicked from the group with a 15 minutes penalty!!!!

I have been kicked from groups several times before but I didn't always get a penalty. In fact, if it is a 15 min penalty, then I believe what others had said here to be true, that everyone starts the dungeon with a 15 minute timer activated. That would explain why it was only 11m 57s when I looked, because I checked it immediatly as the last player had left the group, which seemed to be 2-3 minutes after we entered.

To be fair the penalty should only apply to anyone actively leaving the group. Perhaps this could be further tweaked such that if you got kicked from groups very frequently (> 3 kicks per hour) you would also get the penalty.
  • bhagwad
    bhagwad
    ✭✭✭✭

Not true. If you get kicked, you get 0 penalty and can queue immediately again - often into the same group.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some testing I have learned that the 15 minute penalty timer does indeed begin counting when you enter the dungeon. So yes, the penalty is indeed applied to everyone when entering the dungeon. What a simplistic system.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on October 29, 2017 10:25PM