Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Refined paintings now only available via furnished homes and Crown Store?

Aurie
Aurie
✭✭✭✭✭
Am I missing something?

There are no refined paintings for sale at Guild Traders, although there always used to be. They are now all sturdy or bolted.

Is this because:

a) Furnishings that come with furnished houses are now bound.
b) Only bolted and sturdy are found in chests.
c) Paintings are not craftable.

Anyone know why paintings are not craftable? I now really wish I'd bought a load more when they were still on sale. Bolted ones are too large for small homes, and sturdy ones don't quite look right in a humble abode.

There are never enough in the furnished versions , and 410 crowns per painting in the store is a lot to pay.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    refined paintings were unfortunately always crown store/came with the house only. I honestly don't ever remember seeing them on guild traders, though that's possibly cause they would get snatched up quickly. I tend to just stick to sturdy, though in argonian homes meant for Argonians, I avoid paintings all together tbh. none of the paintings look right to me there. and if its not for argonians, then juxtaposition of this gold frame and earthen walls is part of what amuses me :P
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Furnishings that were part of a furnished home have always been bound. Anything placed in ones home becomes bound so if it was already there, it is bound.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    And Furnishings that were part of a furnished home have always been bound. Anything placed in ones home becomes bound so if it was already there, it is bound.

only if you buy it with crowns. furnishings from a house bought with gold can be resold. its how you see those amazing and near impossible to find sheds on the guild vendors. they come from 2 of the morrowind houses (and its the only way to get them, as they are not even available inside crown purchase interface)

unfurnished houses do still have some baseline furnishings that they come with.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

only if you buy it with crowns. furnishings from a house bought with gold can be resold. its how you see those amazing and near impossible to find sheds on the guild vendors. they come from 2 of the morrowind houses (and its the only way to get them, as they are not even available inside crown purchase interface)

Also, I don't think that items you've purchased from a guild trader/other player or that you crafted yourself become bound when you place them in your home. The only furniture items that are bound are furnishings purchased from the Crown Store or from Achievement vendors.

I also have never seen a refined painting at guild traders. I have seen a few Telvanni paintings for sale (at 100K or more, though I found one for 40K once).
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Linaleah wrote: »

Also, I don't think that items you've purchased from a guild trader/other player or that you crafted yourself become bound when you place them in your home. The only furniture items that are bound are furnishings purchased from the Crown Store or from Achievement vendors.

I also have never seen a refined painting at guild traders. I have seen a few Telvanni paintings for sale (at 100K or more, though I found one for 40K once).

they don't which is pretty awesome, becasue if you want to change things up a bit, you can just sell the furnishings you no longer wish to use. I've done that a few times now :)
    dirty worthless casual.