The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invisible Wall in Exorcise Coven Cottage is REALLY low

Jaeysa
Jaeysa
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi! So I was trying to build a second floor in the new coven cottage and right where the thatching starts there's an invisible wall that keeps my character from going up. Is there a reason for this? Included a screenshot of where my character has to stop because she hits her head..ozy8xwsdrv1a.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    I put a Chandalier up there not realising there was an invisible wall and now cannot turn it on/off or even highlight it to remove it due to it being above the invisible wall.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ajm1946 - with the remove part, you can go into housing editor and when you go to select new things to put down, you can go to the retreive tab in the upper-right, near settings.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is extraordinarily lame. All houses have a “roof” that control how high you can go to decorate, but putting that below the top of the room is ridiculous.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot really and truthfully say I'm surprised, ZO$ :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • ajm1946
    ajm1946
    ✭✭✭
    @Jaeysa Tks, I forgot about the retrieve tab as the air was a bit blue with my cursing.
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds of the hour and a half I once wasted trying to get my paintings off the ceiling
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Np! I had the same problem as Cyn, a while ago - ended up opening a ticket. Felt rather silly when I got the answer XD

• kyria.paganb16_ESO
    kyria.paganb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was also disappointed to learn this. I had planned to build a loft, but will have to leave the space now. The "wall" is only inside, so you can still build on the outside of the hut.
    [EU PC]
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That dome roof probably doesn't have a matching collision, so they just put the collision at the bottom of the dome.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GrafDresche
    GrafDresche
    ✭✭✭
    That dome roof probably doesn't have a matching collision, so they just put the collision at the bottom of the dome.

Which is just sloppy and one of the reasons I did not purchase this house - like several others that suffer from lazy-invisible-walling...
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is just sloppy and one of the reasons I did not purchase this house - like several others that suffer from lazy-invisible-walling...

How could you have known before buying the house? I mean dont get me wrong there's a bunch of *** that is lazy, ie hagraven cauldron exact replica of wood elf stone cauldron, luxury vendor selling achievement items and such. Just curious how you knew about an invisible wall in a house that you didnt buy?
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    preview, use a destro fire staff and u can see where the invisible walls are by where the light attack stops ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also maybe their friends told them

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    ..... I mean dont get me wrong there's a bunch of *** that is lazy, ie hagraven cauldron exact replica of wood elf stone cauldron.....
    In another thread, one of the devs said the hagraven cauldron was a mistake, and will be corrected in the next major patch. So don't throw out those hagraven cauldron blueprints. :) They're going to change the way they look, apparently.

• karrie7
    karrie7
    ✭✭✭
    They will fix it soon..relax babyrages
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karrie7 wrote: »

You mean "soon".
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It'd be nice if limited-time items weren't released flawed with the understanding that they'd be fixed 'soon'.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

You mean "soon".

You mean "Soon™"

Besides, they are not going to fix it. Once they do a house, it takes an Executive Act to change it. They have to be careful not to destroy it for someone else.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 31, 2017 11:43AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Trepis26
    Trepis26
    This is a shame for sure, I had plans for a small storage overhang up there. Really looks like it would/should work,
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is also very difficult to light that roof well yes as there are no beams on which to hang lanterns.

In the end this one she placed trees outside with some of their branches poking though the roof. Then she hung some lanterns from the branches yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know Zenimax is still steadily down the "let's do everything we can to discourage people from taking part in what could be the game's biggest (real) money sink!" route.

Increase item limits? Nah. Fix furniture traded in houses disappearing when leaving house? No way. Make houses' exterior match houses' interior? Ain't no one got time for that. At the very least remove the ^&%^^&*# invisible walls present in like half the houses, like halfway to the actual ceiling? Nope. Add more furniture to the crown store for completely obnoxious prices? HELL YEAH.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is so lame.

Hopefully ZOS can remove the barrier in a patch for those who purchased this home.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra head room available in the crown store, only 4K crowns, not too bad...
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • GrafDresche
    GrafDresche
    ✭✭✭

How could you have known before buying the house? I mean dont get me wrong there's a bunch of *** that is lazy, ie hagraven cauldron exact replica of wood elf stone cauldron, luxury vendor selling achievement items and such. Just curious how you knew about an invisible wall in a house that you didnt buy?

I use a fire staff in regular preview. Or, if I am really interested, I go onto the PTS server, buy the house for the symbolic free crowns and check it out thoroughly.

Ever since the first houses were shown there, many suffered from weird and totally pointless flaws that could have easily been fixed, but were untouched by ZOS.

The good thing about this: it saved me quite some money. Housing was one of the features I have been wishing for since beta, but it’s half-hearted execution leaves out a lot of potential, so I can keep my crowns...

• BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    I cannot really and truthfully say I'm surprised, ZO$ :(

Yep, can't say I am surprised either. It's probably going to be the next option in houses, pay more to unlock invisible walls and ceilings that shouldn't be there in the first place. Good job ZO$, good job!
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - can we at least get an acknowledgement of the problem and a 'we are/aren't going to fix this'?

• Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    I had big plans to make a bedroom loft in the cottage, so I was very disappointed when I learned about the invisible wall. It is a pretty good amount of space that is inaccessible. I still bought the place and I am currently decorating the ceiling with ivy and I like the look of it, but it would look a lot better with a loft and ivy.
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭

I use a fire staff in regular preview. Or, if I am really interested, I go onto the PTS server, buy the house for the symbolic free crowns and check it out thoroughly.

Ever since the first houses were shown there, many suffered from weird and totally pointless flaws that could have easily been fixed, but were untouched by ZOS.

The good thing about this: it saved me quite some money. Housing was one of the features I have been wishing for since beta, but it’s half-hearted execution leaves out a lot of potential, so I can keep my crowns...

Thank you for explaining how you did this - cause I don't even use a destro staff but i will for sure carry one on me from now on when I check out the houses.
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • theslynx
    theslynx
    ✭✭✭
    Has ZoS ever responded to the general suggestion of removing invisible walls/ceilings?

Also, does anyone know of a list of which houses do and don't have intrusive invisible barriers? I've been eyeing a few places (e.g. Kragenhome and Black Vine) with the hopes of building small lofts, but this makes me wary of a purchase.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just discovered this for myself this AM when I tried to build my much-anticipated second floor. Visually, there is plenty of room up there, and the possibilities were tantalizing. I even spent gold buying all the materials I could possibly need, only to keep bumping my head on that that %&$# invisible ceiling.

Damn it all! I had *plans* for that second floor! It was one of the reasons I bought the cottage!

Grrr and double-grrrrrr.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.