The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exorcised Coven Cottage haunted or glitched? Can't tell

Armatesz
Armatesz
✭✭✭✭✭
So I am not sure if this is a feature to this place but I noticed some odd things about this house
1 I would occasionally see shadow figures here and there, maybe a face.
2 I would hear odd audio (like stuff you would hear from a tv) or even hear a bard over behind this one big boulder that has the two trees behind it... you know the one where you go by the cottage and you look westish. Audio I would hear is stuff from the bard like red diamond (I oddly don't like that song) and only heard male bard, other stuff I have heard was stuff that sounded unrelated to eso, stuff like music from fallout and some kind of church related stuff unrelated to fallout.

I've tried to do recorded audio of this on my xbox one but I can't do it and find it odd. I've talked to one other person and they had other things besides just the bard so I know I am not going crazy here. I think I was hearing stuff from other games I have downloaded on my system.
Ärmätèsz
Xbox NA
Guildless (by choice)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want some of what the OP is smoking...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • CloneTrooper699
    CloneTrooper699
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I was playing and I heard Preston Garvey say another homestead needs your help, I looked everywhere but couldn't find him.
    I'm a goat
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got a video of the glitch with the bard... it recorded this time... finally!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MefWObiaBA so now you know I'm not blowing hot steam over this or whatever.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although this time it was on the left side, I forget that happens but I mostly experienced it on right side.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bard issue happens in open world (usually seems to be in a rock) and other houses as well. It's been in the game since around HotR atleast i think.
    Edited by MrGraves on October 28, 2017 3:36AM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting, but have you had things besides just bards doing it? if it is stuff outside of the eso game it does not record it in video so I get nothing.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh good, so I'm not the only one that hears dialogue and calls for help. Haven't heard a bard though, that would make me move out.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 28, 2017 5:06PM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With as many odd jokes as there are with that place, can't tell who is serious and who is joking lol
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    This was happening to a guildmate as well. I believe she said it self resolved today. But she did record video of it occurring near the rocks. perhaps the excorcisim wasnt successful-
    Edited by Sticky_Paws on November 1, 2017 11:17AM
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    I would hear is stuff from the bard like red diamond (I oddly don't like that song) and only heard male bard.

Everyone hates the male bard version of Red Diamond. There is a hope that once the Dark Anchors vanish from Tamriel (ie are removed from the game as the timeline advances) so too will this bard and his terrible off-key songs, Red Diamond included.

We all know he is the human avatar of the God of Schemes.

Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭
    @Sticky_Paws was correct. I heard it too and recorded it but it wasn't doing it yesterday when I logged in. https://youtu.be/plO4gjMF-H0
    PS5/NA: brandyvicious-
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad that this wasn't just me :)
    I had that happen recently in my Amaya and it freaked me out for a minute.. I thought maybe I was hearing some music from outside my home, and when I left, no one was there.. really strange, but kind of cool.

Also, in regards to the "shadow" person in my Cottage.. yes, I have seen that too.. just once.. I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me too. Maybe it's a feature to that home in particular? The description of the home, when I read it, seemed to allude to the home possibly being completely rid of spirits.. if they did put that in there, I like it ;)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was happening to a guildmate as well. I believe she said it self resolved today. But she did record video of it occurring near the rocks. perhaps the excorcisim wasnt successful-

I can tell you this one of my guildmates just visited my home and it happened there. Like probably less than 10 minutes ago, xbox one.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    I'm so glad that this wasn't just me :)
    I had that happen recently in my Amaya and it freaked me out for a minute.. I thought maybe I was hearing some music from outside my home, and when I left, no one was there.. really strange, but kind of cool.

Also, in regards to the "shadow" person in my Cottage.. yes, I have seen that too.. just once.. I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me too. Maybe it's a feature to that home in particular? The description of the home, when I read it, seemed to allude to the home possibly being completely rid of spirits.. if they did put that in there, I like it ;)

Yeah those ghostly black faces are kinda odd though but they rarely show up and only for short periods of times. I just need to remember to take a screen shot or record them instead of gawking at them.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I am scared to go to my cottage.

I need a pic of one to know they aren't so scary.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »

I should make a youtube video of mine >.> will likely post it later.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭

I would love that, thank you so much!
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be a work in progress one. I have quite a bit more I want to do to it and you can kinda see for some things. Some things however I will later on change up a bit.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here it is for what it is as of me posting this message. Will be doing more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWWk0juAyU
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look out the front door you can often see the fog just rolling from north heading down south. Very awesome sunsets that you can see quite fairly often.
    Edited by Armatesz on November 5, 2017 12:31AM
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭

Here it is for what it is as of me posting this message. Will be doing more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRWWk0juAyU

Thanks for the video! Didn't see any shadow-figures though.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the video! Didn't see any shadow-figures though.

I didn't see any while doing the video so there is that, I tried a few times to record them but they don't show. Then again might be because I tried to screenshot instead of record >_>'
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • ChuckBbaguette
    ChuckBbaguette
    ✭✭✭

I advise you delphinnia primary house,warm and filled with love ;)
    Edited by ChuckBbaguette on November 5, 2017 1:36PM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The rolling fog does look rather enchanting >.> it is possible to make this place look enchanting like I am doing :3
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tysm <3
    I did try to do something a little unexpected with this eerie cottage.
    Edited by Delphinia on November 5, 2017 6:10PM
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »

Tysm <3
    I did try to do something a little unexpected with this eerie cottage.

Don't forget to fill the 2 or 3 holes that lead outside... don't want something sneaking into your home while you sleep and snapping at ya : P
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I really want someone to post pics or vid of shadow figures. I bought the house but I'm a tad nervous to investigate it myself.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I really want someone to post pics or vid of shadow figures. I bought the house but I'm a tad nervous to investigate it myself.

You might see it by chance if you wait long enough I guess, I've seen them in like 5 spots I think
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might see it by chance if you wait long enough I guess, I've seen them in like 5 spots I think

any specific locations?
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

any specific locations?

By the water was a spot, the rock formations behind the hut seen there, in the hut is another by the fire, When you first walk into the home right before you go to the hut there is a path to the left, around there is 4th and 5th spot I seen was the right path along that ground dipping, the odd rock formations with those two trees about that area.
    I think those are all the areas I seen the phantom faces at. If I can't get a screenshot I hopefully will just take a picture with my phone if it can get it clear enough that is. Will see what I can do and hopefully fast enough to get the picture, they only last for like 2 seconds so you have to be looking at them to notice them. I don't notice really any audio thing that makes them appear. I think I have a funny about that thing being mentioned in a daily for gold coast >.> kind of reminds me of this.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)