The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VMA Class Discussion

jkloza
jkloza
✭✭
Hey all,

Looking for a bit of advice on VMA. I’m determined to work through this dungeon, the furthest I’ve made it is stage 5...

I’m interested in clearing on a magicka class. I don’t have a sorc which I know is probably the easiest clear. I’ve got magicka warden, Templar, and night blade.

I’m CP 530, and have all epic gear with yellow weps. I don’t have the elite sets like moon dancer, infall, etc. I have mosy craftable, or 4 man farmable gear (grothdaar, molag, illambris), etc...

Can anyone that is more experienced than me give me some recommendations as to which class I should try to do this on, as well as recommend some gear setups that will post good enough numbers to get me through?

Thanks!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to say Pet Sorc with lightning skills and weapons ...
    biggrin.gif

Sorry, can't help you much, i have little experience with magicka Warden, Templar or Nightblade.
    sad.gif
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would strongly advise checking out @Joy_Division's guide to Maelstrom Arena
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/233356/joys-now-updated-morrowind-guide-to-beating-maelstrom-arena/p1

She's got a good run-down of the arenas with suggestions for adapting to the strengths and weaknesses of the different classes. Once you have an idea of what you want to try, then start looking for maelstrom builds.
  • jkloza
    jkloza
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I’ve read through it! It seems like a good time to start the arena because do’s is much higher nowadays. I’m still stuck on my class choice. I know that sorc would be easiest but I do t want to roll up another class just for arena..
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally found magblade to be the easiest to clear vma with, it's also my go to class for soloing vet dungeons (not dlc I'm not that good..) or for pugging vet dungeons. I hear many think Sorc is easier but to me it's magblade any day. I first did it with just juli willpower 1 Kena and 2 torugs pact only weapons gold. So easy to get gear...