The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Healer beginner build questions

Valykc
Valykc
✭✭✭✭✭
Currently I’m working on completing my SPC set but I am unaware of good sets to use before hand. Currently I have 5 worm cult and 5 withered Hand equipped but should I swap withered Hand for a different set. My sustain is over 2.3k with witchmothers and jewelry glyphs, though my Armor is not highly optimized (most is purple) the high recovery means my Spell Damage is low.

Basically I’m asking what beginner sets are good to use until I get SPC. Should I try BSW since I have a sharpened inferno staff and elemental blockade? Or hop on my dps and solo farm a set such as sanctuary? Also I am currently a Breton and want to race change, would high elf or argonian be a better choice (what race do current healers find most helpful? The recovery, max magic buff, and damage buffs of high elf or the potion sustain, healing buffs, and max Health buff of argonian?). Thanks for the help!
Edited by Valykc on October 27, 2017 1:12PM
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    worm and sanctuary is good in the meantime, you could also go worm and a monster helm if you'd rather not farm for a set you'll be replacing with spc. You could also farm AA for mending but you wouldn't be able to get gold mending jewelry unless you do VAA (which isn't too bad, I can share raid leading tips and all that stuff for a smooth run, just make sure your dps are 20k+ for valariel)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main healer runs Julianos and Willpower and Torugs Pack. Anything that helps Spell Power and Crits helps healing. I still do not have a good SPC set so until then, this is how I role. Since most PUG groups expect some DPS from a Healer, this works for me.

Of course there are Healer specific sets out there, you mentioned/have some of them. But until you get to Trials, and some Vet Dungeons, you don't really need them if you have some good magic stats.

Not sure why you would want to change from Breton on a Caster, but the other two choices are Altmer or Argonian. Argonian has more passives for Healing. So, that would be your best choice if your going to change.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Argonian+Racial+Skills
    Edited by Nestor on October 27, 2017 5:42PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i started healing stuff at vr1(jumped right into vet dungeons :p) i would wear misc pieces that boosted stuff like magicka recovery and spell critical and all that. I healed vCoA2 pre 1t at vr1 wearing a few pieces of martial knowledge, bogdan helm, and willpower :p.

edit: TL:DR there's really no need to worry about what you wear unless you're doing trials, just wear whatever sets make things doable and fun
    Edited by TheNightflame on October 27, 2017 5:56PM
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    in the beginning - Julianos+Willpower+Worm when you will do WGT - SPC+Worm or Julianos+Worm - whatever fits you better.

-vovus
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    in the beginning - Julianos+Willpower+Worm when you will do WGT - SPC+Worm or Julianos+Worm - whatever fits you better.

-vovus

Ok this sounds good since I have a crafter I’ll give this a try.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valykc wrote: »
    Currently I’m working on completing my SPC set but I am unaware of good sets to use before hand. Currently I have 5 worm cult and 5 withered Hand equipped but should I swap withered Hand for a different set. My sustain is over 2.3k with witchmothers and jewelry glyphs, though my Armor is not highly optimized (most is purple) the high recovery means my Spell Damage is low.

Basically I’m asking what beginner sets are good to use until I get SPC. Should I try BSW since I have a sharpened inferno staff and elemental blockade? Or hop on my dps and solo farm a set such as sanctuary? Also I am currently a Breton and want to race change, would high elf or argonian be a better choice (what race do current healers find most helpful? The recovery, max magic buff, and damage buffs of high elf or the potion sustain, healing buffs, and max Health buff of argonian?). Thanks for the help!

It would actually help if you stated which class you were playing.....

There are a few different gear setups, and while spc is generally mandatory for all healers, the secondary set you choose can vary depending on what healer you are playing.
    Edited by exeeter702 on October 29, 2017 5:33PM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Run Juli and worms until you get SPC. Honestly you'll be over healing while you learn anyway, even if you had green gear. Healing is the easiest role in this game.
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you already have worm's, I would suggest either:

5 x worm's
    5 x Kagrenac's
    1 x monster set/vMA/vDSA staff

Or

5 x worm's
    5 x Julianos
    1 x monster set/vMA/vDSA staff

Or

5 x worm's
    3 x willpower
    2 x monster set
    1 x vMA/vDSA staff

All work perfectly fine until you get SPC. Don't bother farming for other drop sets since you could be using that time to farm SPC instead.

Of course, if you don't have a vMA/vDSA staff, a random staff will do fine.

Also, as a healer you shouldn't be using an inferno staff. Use a restoration staff and a charged lightning staff with a shock enchant. You want your wall of elements to set targets off balance to boost your party's dps.
    Edited by Illurian on October 29, 2017 8:46PM
    Kiss the chaos.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worm and Julianos or Kagrenac is just fine until you get your SPC.

Also, farm Mending from AA trial, you can get it in normal. It is better than Sanctuary in most fights since one cannot out heal a one shot due to a player not blocking or moving out of red, but reducing the bosses damage which may lower that damage so the player is not one shot. In the end it means less healing needed.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to farm nWGT with a group and now have a full set of SPC, just need to get worm jewelry or SPC jewelry to fill some gaps and I’ll be good to go. Also got 4 pieces of mending from a nAA run so just have to finish that up and I’ll be set too. Thanks again!
    Edited by Valykc on October 30, 2017 9:25AM
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help everyone. I was able to farm nWGT with a group and now have a full set of SPC, just need to get worm jewelry or SPC jewelry to fill some gaps and I’ll be good to go. Also got 4 pieces of mending from a nAA run so just have to finish that up and I’ll be set too. Thanks again!

I'd suggest getting SPC jewelry over Worm's, as SPC will always be required, while Worm's can be swapped out situationally.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »

I'd suggest getting SPC jewelry over Worm's, as SPC will always be required, while Worm's can be swapped out situationally.

Good point, I’ll do that! Thanks!