The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How PVP holding up?

Araxleon
Araxleon
✭✭✭✭✭
Haven't been on in awhile...
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In short... Not well. Population is really low For many reasons you will find in any given thread in the pvp section. It's affecting all forms of gameplay.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to CP battle grounds, its all the rage.

The cp system, the complete disaster it is, is ruining yet another ESO game play option. Although with it, you can face roll pve content now, so theres that....
  • Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    Go to CP battle grounds, its all the rage.

The cp system, the complete disaster it is, is ruining yet another ESO game play option. Although with it, you can face roll pve content now, so theres that....

CP battlegrounds feel way better and are more fun than No-CP BGs did.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont really think PvP pop is necessarily down, I think players are very picky in what style they want to play and gravitate towards the server that provides that as much as possible.

Shor and Sotha need hard work, dedication, and a compassionate player base that will remain consistent regardless of nightly outcome.

which most people dont possess. So they cram into Vivec. Which you will see complaints of the lag and performance all pertain to Vivec. Its because people are cramming into it.
    Edited by Rickter on October 27, 2017 1:55PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Nihilos
    Nihilos
    ✭✭✭
    I only want to die a little bit when I PvP
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is on life support permanent vegetative state, I anticipate them pulling the plug any day now :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Araxleon melee mageblade is back and 100% viable.

A lot of the old issues still exist and some new ones, but I'm sure you'll be glad to know that your preferred style is back
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went to Vivek at 8PM Eastern yesterday and everyone was pop locked with a 34 person queue. So full but not absurd like when it gets to 200.

Like everything else, it’s what you make of it. I had fun.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are two examples of "gross exaggerations":
    Vilestride wrote: »
    In short... Not well. Population is really low For many reasons you will find in any given thread in the pvp section. It's affecting all forms of gameplay.
    Zaldan wrote: »
    PVP is on life support permanent vegetative state, I anticipate them pulling the plug any day now :(

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a relative, where do I have to sign for the documents?
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rickter wrote: »
    These are two examples of "gross exaggerations":

Mmm that constant 1 to 2 bars on shore is so healthy. Lol
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »

if i remeber you correctly i think you will feel "meh" about it , i think the things youll like is
    -there is dueling
    -there is bg's
    -more options for gear
    things you wont like
    -cyrodiil has most more than half its players since you last played
    -cp is totally out of balance
    -only 1 vet pvp server is active
    -imperial city has gone the way of the dinosaur
    -95 percent of pvpers faction zerg and zerg surf and vehemently deny that.
    -1vX is still possible but a bit harder
    -super tanks are everywhere
    -community is very toxic (old)
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Araxleon, I remember you! :)
    PVP isn't what it used to be, but it would be nice to see some old faces around Cyrodiil.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    play on a server, i guess vivec as the safe bet, and decide for yourself. come back and update this thread with YOUR findings. I would love to hear the opinions on the current state of pvp from a returning player.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if i remeber you correctly i think you will feel "meh" about it , i think the things youll like is
    -there is dueling
    -there is bg's
    -more options for gear
    things you wont like
    -super tanks are everywhere

This is the best analysis. All others are hyperbole
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know why so many are painting ESO PvP in such poor light. The fact that this guy is a RETURNING player speaks volumes. There is hands down no other better options and no other game that replicates a larger scale Any Race, Any Armor Weight, Any Weapon, No Cooldown, Action, Indepth, MMO, RPG experience.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main interest is PVP which is my only concern.
    Im going to try it out more.
    I will say though my only complaint as a RETURNING player that mainly cares about PVP is that Morrowind is separate from the ESO plus :confused: So I feel I need to get Morrowind and ESO plus to get geared and give PVP a proper try.
    Im excited to thoerycraft though!
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know why so many are painting ESO PvP in such poor light. The fact that this guy is a RETURNING player speaks volumes. There is hands down no other better options and no other game that replicates a larger scale Any Race, Any Armor Weight, Any Weapon, No Cooldown, Action, Indepth, MMO, RPG experience.

First step to fixing issues is acknowledging them and discussing them. We're all here because we love ESO. That shouldn't need reiterating. Doesn't mean we should refrain from voicing our concerns and suggestions for improvement. Especially on a forum that is specifically intended for such discussion.

If you think the state of the game is just fine, that's cool. But I think most people here disagree and want to make their discontent known.
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭

-there is dueling
    -there is bg's
    -more options for gear
    things you wont like
    -lol no

FTFY

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much lagg, dont bother.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No sound glitch is back on PC.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My main interest is PVP which is my only concern.
    Im going to try it out more.
    I will say though my only complaint as a RETURNING player that mainly cares about PVP is that Morrowind is separate from the ESO plus :confused: So I feel I need to get Morrowind and ESO plus to get geared and give PVP a proper try.
    Im excited to thoerycraft though!

I recommend playing in a small group rather than solo.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

A lot of the old issues still exist and some new ones, but I'm sure you'll be glad to know that your preferred style is back

Open world, maybe. Too much cheese in a duel for a lacking class such as melee magblade.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's alot of fun to be had. The doom mongers, exagerators sky is falling tin hat brigade will say otherwise on here who hardly market their cause well to encourage pop

But I'd sat get involved a d see for yourself, I'm having a blast.

Sure am nervous about CP breaking BG is all ruins it for newer player pop etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Open world, maybe. Too much cheese in a duel for a lacking class such as melee magblade

Strongly disagree
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 31, 2017 2:46PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First step to fixing issues is acknowledging them and discussing them. We're all here because we love ESO. That shouldn't need reiterating. Doesn't mean we should refrain from voicing our concerns and suggestions for improvement. Especially on a forum that is specifically intended for such discussion.

If you think the state of the game is just fine, that's cool. But I think most people here disagree and want to make their discontent known.

But you have to remember that part about ESO being a unique game despite it's drawbacks. I tried to get back into WoW to get into PvP after all the changes to my templar over the years. But if you go back to that game, you have to fight with both a dated engine and cooldowns with huge macros/addon clutter. Then you realize why ESO is special and why many players come back.

And I also agree, we can have discussions about how to fix the PvP portion without it becoming a negative thread. But we have to be honest with the fact the developers aren't going to put in the changes all at once and we have to expect that saying "ESO is dead, PvP is dead" doesn't help the situation despite some aspect of it's truth.

I think we are more than capable to have meaningful discussions around change in ESO.
    Edited by Minno on October 31, 2017 3:44PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went to a full PVP game for PVP . I feel bad for ESO PVP . Starting to think MMOS and PVP just don't mix . What a difference in my happiness levels . I really hope the Devs really poor some life back into PVP here but it's a day and night difference playing a game dedicated to PVP instead of a side note .