Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very Low FPS

Morgha_Kul
Morgha_Kul
✭✭✭✭✭
When I've been playing the game, essentially since launch, I've been used to anywhere from 30-60fps. Most of the time, it's around 30-40.

Lately, it's been 15-17fps, which is almost unplayable. I even tried turning the settings down to near minimum with no effect.

Has something changed server-side that might be doing this? Nothing has changed at my end...

I'm running Windows 7 on an Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz, 10GB RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti. Latest drivers and so forth. This system handled the game with no difficulty before now, so I have to think something has changed.
Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Close the game client
    2. Go to your My Documents Folder
    3. Click on the Elder Scrolls Online Folder
    4. find the file "Shadercache.cooked" and delete it
    5. restart the game

You will have a very long loading screen while it rebuilds this file, be patient.

EVERYTIME you change any setting in the graphics properties such as Shadows, Water Reflections, etc you must delete this file and restart the game. Everytime you change one of those settings it causes the shadercache.cooked file to grow in size, once it gets past 10MB it causes issues with the client. This problem has been around since beta and I gave up on reporting it, its never been fixed.

good luck
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Seems to have helped, thanks!
    Edited by Morgha_Kul on October 27, 2017 1:37AM
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to be able to help :)
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I deleted that file and it rebuilt itself right back to 10,853kb
    Edited by Thogard on November 3, 2017 3:31PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I deleted that file and it rebuilt itself right back to 10,853kb

Ya, mine goes back to 10.6 MB pretty quickly. I've gotten into the habit of deleting it after every game session, just to be sure.
  • Ryjon
    Ryjon
    Soul Shriven
    My Shadercache.cooked is currently 11,392 without changing any graphical settings. Deleted or not it keeps getting bigger.
    Just to see if you guys are having a similar issue to me, does your framerate return to normal if you tab out and back in to the game using the "windows key" ?
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not me.

I also noted the file goes to 10.6 immediately on generation. It seems not to get bigger.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still under fps issue, it's been happening since the patch.... I really think something has change with the game.
  • Liley
    Liley
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got the same problem. Causes huge lags in dungeons and trials.
    PC | EU

Muriel Winterhauch | Magicka Sorcerer

• Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    problems is in your old machine, not in tiny 10mb file
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvane wrote: »
    problems is in your old machine, not in tiny 10mb file

My system isn't that old, and easily handled the game in the past (though I'm not certain what the minimum/recommended specs are).
  • jasann
    jasann
    ✭✭✭
    Can we all not just admit that we are addicted to playing a broken game? I mean i love this game to bits but seriously? It's 2017 and the game can't be optimized so our rigs can run it? I've upgraded hardware 2 times already and the game still runs like a bag of (insert word here). I pay and i play, but I feel this is all they want from us.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by jasann on November 5, 2017 7:03PM
  • Steinschlag
    Steinschlag
    ✭✭✭
    Only a theory, but it seems eso needs mor CPU since cwc update. I got 16GB Ram and Eso alone needs 30-50%. Switches high and low all time. If i stand still and do nothing, in an "empty" map like alikr for example, its the same.
    Bodeus wrote: »
    Gibt bestimmt einige die tanken mit Froststab besser als so mancher Lappen mit Schwert/Schild.
    --NORACTIS--
    --FANATIC HUNTERS--
  • Lokov
    Lokov
    ✭✭✭
    same problem!
    after 30 october Maintenance i feel terrible FPS drops on BG's
    Before patch i always play with 70-90 FPS on BG and now it drop sometime to 20 FPS.
    Captain Org As More |Mag Blade| DC
    Bald Dude You Know From |Stam Blade| DC
    Ashot One Shot |Mag Blade| AD
    Strippirella |Stam Blade| AD
    Dont Touch My Tralala |Stam DK| DC
    Im Badman |Mag DK| DC
    Big Mac |Mag Sorc| DC
    Savitar Himself |Stam Sorc| DC
    Captain Old Fashion |Mag Plar| DC
    Chelovek Chlen-Nevidimka |Stam Warden| DC

Welcome to my TWITCH in Russian