The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daedric Summoning The Problem. (My Opinion)

Raiketsu
Raiketsu
For the Sorc, I'm sure many people with both agree and disagree (depending on thier stace)

But the two 'pets' you can get have one major flaw: If they're not on the bar, they disappear, but that in and of itself is fine.

It's the fact you can't even swap your weapons to your alternate bar, without them vanishing, unless you have them on your other bar too (Including your thunder-calling ult if you went that way)

So technically, to maintain one or both of these pets, they're taking up 2-4 slots TOTAL between both of your bars, which severely limits your choice of active skills on both bars.

Your likely response at this point would be something like: Then don't use the skill!

That's also an option, but what do I propose for this;

Give a short timer, even if you have to dump skillpoints into it, that allows maybe.... 4-6 seconds before they actually dissappear?

This would allow you to swap weapons in combat for a SHORT time, to use skills from your other bar, without losing your pets immediately, and costing you the 4 seconds it takes to summon them both back, while still still forcing you to get back within a set time.

I've noticed no other skill requires it to still be on your bar (that i've seen) to maintain itself. Your Bow volley skill doesn't just dissappear because you swapped to daggers.

Your weapon/armor buffs stay on you when you swap bars, etc.
My Favorite Quotes;

One must understand the power they hold, before they may understand the true power within. ~Gilgamesh

Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views. ~Squall Leonheart

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a Demon to shame... ~FFXI, Roagrimm

The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bound armor does not stay when you swap bar.
    by the way, you have overload if you want more slots.
  • Urza1234
    Urza1234
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the OP's solution.

Frankly I tend to gravitate to pet classes in every other game, but I just cant stand sorc because I dont like the loss of options, abilities to use, and buttons to press.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really think certain pets are powerful enough to where they need to be kept on both bars for balance sake is what they would say. I can say personally that this is the reason why I do not use a pet build for my sorc. Yes I know I am losing DPS by doing this but I just find the play-style to be incredibly boring with less cast-able skills. Scrubby netches touch and Julianos for me!
  • Raiketsu
    Raiketsu
    @Apache_Kid - both of the pets hit for roughly 1 light-attack each, unless you go for the 'damage boost' twilight.. then she hits for 1.5 light attacks.

@raj72616a - I mentioned htis, and that doesn't solve the lack of slots.
    Edited by Raiketsu on October 26, 2017 5:05PM
    My Favorite Quotes;

One must understand the power they hold, before they may understand the true power within. ~Gilgamesh

Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views. ~Squall Leonheart

People are capable of kindness beyond angels, yet we also commit sins that would put a Demon to shame... ~FFXI, Roagrimm

The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a pet focused build in pvp and tbh it would be too much if I could slot anything more on my bar and people would want More nerfs soooo.
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raj72616a wrote: »
    bound armor does not stay when you swap bar.
    by the way, you have overload if you want more slots.

Yes, you don't like the idea of improving pets, okay.... This isn't about bound armor, read again.
    The thunder-calling ult he referred to if you were reading is overload, so he is aware.

As for the original post, what you have suggested has existed for years now, that isn't going to change.
    My idea was the add functionality and variety to the pet's passive attacks for added utility. (Who honestly likes watching their pet repeat the same animation every 2 seconds for the rest of their life?)
    Also a buff to the Clannfear's scaling factors and Twilight Tormentor's active.
    Edited by SirMewser on October 29, 2017 2:24AM