The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Removing 32bit client / Launcher issues

Ozstryker
Ozstryker
✭✭✭✭
So... every patch is a chore!, manifest issues, error 1005 etc. during the downloading, updating even verifying phases, but.. this is ok, all I do is close the launcher at each error and start again.. eventually it gets there!!!?

The real issue I have is, since Morrowind, if I'm using the 64bit client the launcher does not launch! I click play.... and it's dead! But... this is ok, all I did was set it to 32bit client and it launches fine!
Now, after the recent patch I'm getting a message saying that the game is doing away with the 32bit client!. So my question is: Does anyone else have this issue and is there a way to launch the game while using the 64bit client?
Any advice would be appreciated before this change goes live at the next major update... ty
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ozstryker

Are you getting any specific error message when you try launching from the 64 bit client?

Issues with launching from the 64 bit client are often permission related. If you've not done so, make sure the executable is set to run as an administrator and that it's added as an exception in any anti-virus or firewall software.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Ty for reply, unfortunately I've tried the steps you outlined already but to no avail, even if I turn off all firewalls! There is no error msg, simply when I press play, nothing happens!
  • Vritra
    Vritra
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happens with me now after this last patch.

Each and every patch I have to go through an entire check list of what the Moderators have said to do and now it's at the point where It does not run at all ....

At what point of frustration does one have to go through to just enjoy this game now?
    It is getting worst with each patch ... It's not worth it.

Now you are telling us that you are only going to run this on a 64 bit - which I have always until 4 patches ago ... How are you going to fix this if it will not even run???

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    One additional troubleshooting step that may help is deleting the program data folder for the launcher. This can clear some settings that could affect the Play button.

Delete the Program Data
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Navigate to the patch installation folder,
    3. By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    4. Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    5. Restart the ESO Launcher.

If you're still having an issue with the launcher after doing so, you can open a support ticket here. We can also help provide updates on your ticket status once you have a ticket started.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    Unfortunately none of the above works, I've followed all advise available on this and other threads.. I've literally tried and exhausted every apparent option to launch the game using the 64bit-client, unfortunately I'm at a loss or missing something extremely obvious... tbh I'm a little defeated by it all, I'll submit a ticket at some point in the near future, though I don't hold much hope of a fix at this point!

I'm a little unsure as to why you guys have taken the decision to dump the 32bit-client when it's been pointed out numerous times that there are glaring issues with the 64bit-clients launcher!
    I hate to be this guy... but, I have no update/patch issues other games, no launcher or client problems.... maybe.... and this is just a suggestion....... sort the back end stuff before you terminally break my game....... ty
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    This is in no way a solution to the launcher problem. Have you tried navigating to the installation folder and launching the executable file directly, it would bypass the launcher. Would really like to know if this works for you.

*EDIT*

Patches will still have to be done through the launcher, when they are finished just close it down and bypass again.
    Edited by xRIVALENx on October 30, 2017 11:26AM
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    The launcher is dead for me too. I can run it on OS X and from the.exe but I play on steam so I can’t login. Firewall was disabled and program data folder was deleted no change.
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    xRIVALENx wrote: »
    This is in no way a solution to the launcher problem. Have you tried navigating to the installation folder and launching the executable file directly, it would bypass the launcher. Would really like to know if this works for you.

*EDIT*

Patches will still have to be done through the launcher, when they are finished just close it down and bypass again.

Yeah it does launch via the executable file... dunno if it's launching in 32bit or 64bit though, I guess it's a viable workaround if it is opening in 64bit.. but not a solution unfortunately
  • Gbnicholson1
    Gbnicholson1
    ✭✭✭
    I got it to work after about three restarts and two repairs.
  • Smurfwizard
    Smurfwizard
    Soul Shriven
    The only way I got the last patch to load and run was to delete the complete folder and then restart and re-run the install which took hours to re-load but works, but sucks for having to do
  • PANTERABG
    PANTERABG
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all,
    I have a problem with ESO launcher 64bit, when I'm starting the game immediately pops up Crash reporter (32 bit client working perfect) and I wrote to ESO support team and this is the answer, just for your information:

"The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 11/04/2017 01:43 PM
    Hey there!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Jayme, and I'd be happy to assist you today.

I understand how frustrating it is when the game keeps crashing upon launch.

I noticed from your screenshot that you are using a mobile graphics card. I do apologize for the inconvenience, but ESO does not support mobile GPUs.

Mobile graphics cards do not meet ESO's system requirements so there is limited troubleshooting we can offer.

First, you should ensure your video driver is selecting the correct GPU for ESO by opening either the NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Control Panel and ensuring that ESO64.exe is making use of your primary GPU.
    NVIDIA
    Open NVIDIA Control Panel and select Manage 3D settings.
    Click on the Program settings tab.
    Under "1. Select a program to customize:" click the Add button.
    When prompted, click the Browse button and select eso64.exe
    Default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\.
    Under "2. Select the preferred graphics processor..." select High-Performance NVIDIA processor.
    Click Apply.
    Close NVIDIA Control Panel and launch the game.
    Note: The above instructions may change depending on version and unique graphics card. If you require further assistance, you should contact NVIDIA Support here.
    You can also try adjusting the following settings:
    Open NVIDIA Control Panel, then Manage 3D settings.
    Go to Program Settings tab.
    Add the file you launch the game from by clicking on Add button.
    In the setting window, change the 'Power Management Mode' to 'Prefer Maximum Performance'.
    Open "Global Settings".
    Select the below settings:
    Vertical sync- Off
    Threaded optimization - off
    Triple buffering - off
    Select the preferred processor as NVIDIA under global and program settings.
    Click on Apply.
    Note: You will need to do this every time you launch the game.

If you ever have any other questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us again! We'll be happy to assist you. Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Jayme
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"

And another answer:
    "The Elder Scrolls Online Team response on 11/04/2017 03:03 PM
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is Robert, and it's a pleasure to be assisting you today.

I understand that you're having issues with launching ESO.
    Unfortunately, despite the requirements checker telling you you meet minimum specification, mobile cards are not supported by ESO - the game was simply not developed to be run on them, whilst we can provide troubleshooting we cannot guarantee that they will work since the issue could simply be your mobile graphics card. As such we are unable to assist you further with this issue, I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, and hope that you will continue to enjoy your adventures in Tamriel!

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Robert
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"
  • imwilkb14_ESO
    imwilkb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Ozstryker wrote: »
    So... every patch is a chore!, manifest issues, error 1005 etc. during the downloading, updating even verifying phases, but.. this is ok, all I do is close the launcher at each error and start again.. eventually it gets there!!!?

The real issue I have is, since Morrowind, if I'm using the 64bit client the launcher does not launch! I click play.... and it's dead! But... this is ok, all I did was set it to 32bit client and it launches fine!
    Now, after the recent patch I'm getting a message saying that the game is doing away with the 32bit client!. So my question is: Does anyone else have this issue and is there a way to launch the game while using the 64bit client?
    Any advice would be appreciated before this change goes live at the next major update... ty

I have exact same problem 32 bit version works fine, 64bit version works sometimes, other times gives error stating "eso64.exe - Bad Image". Using repair is wast of time, always No Joy! Reload entire game, best I've gotten is for it to work two days before it starts crashing again. Not graphics card or it wouldn't have worked for the two days, besides I have a 970 and verified graphics card is set as per instructions. Gone so far as to install on new drive, EXACT SAME PROBLEM reoccurs time after time. BTW this did not start until I became a patron again. Maybe that was my error?