The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is it safe to reroll a Templar?

Cronopoly
Cronopoly
✭✭✭✭✭
Been here since launch, excepting the last 4 months off. Coming back. (Deleted my old reliable Templar) :| You know why... :o
The last couple weeks since I've returned I've rolled 2 Wardens to 50, & yesterday marveled at Clockwork's Cities "architecture." Kudos Creative team. Just wow, outdid yourselves there. B)

That said, I've seen a lack of Templar and or advice threads... Houston is there a problem? I also see some *cough adjustments made to assist with resources overall haha.
In PVP I'm seeing Wardens like we use to see "Viper" in my Deathspam...

TL:DR - Any reason to roll a Templar for PVP / 4Mans ? I should have led with that lol. I haven't taken my Mag Warden in a dungeon yet for healing is why I ask.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best reason to roll a templar is that you want to and like playing a Templar.

Templars are still fine healers and DPS in PVP. A well-played templar is a force to be reckoned with (as is, honestly, a well-played toon of any class). If you like playing templars and want to play a templar in PVP, go for it.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best reason to roll a templar is that you want to and like playing a Templar.

Templars are still fine healers and DPS in PVP. A well-played templar is a force to be reckoned with (as is, honestly, a well-played toon of any class). If you like playing templars and want to play a templar in PVP, go for it.

This. That said I should mention every streamer and most YouTube videos I've seen use Heavy Armor-Vamp-dual weld/s+b-valkyn. It's almost cookie cutter.

I challenge OP to create a better meta if they roll a Templar :)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: DP
    Edited by Minno on October 26, 2017 3:08AM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • rossk25
    rossk25
    ✭✭✭
    One of my toons is a Stamplar and I really love playing him.

The biggest issue I have is with how they have changed how repentance works.
    Before the change, repentance would provide health AND stamina to both you and allies. Now it only provides health to allies and stamia is only for you.
    This means if you are in a dungoeon, or trial, or in any situation and there is another stamplar with repentance slotted, you will both be competing for stamina resources.

However, PoTL is still one of my faviourite abilities and is very usefull in PvP.
    Bosmer Magicka Templar - Dest/Resto Staff [ex Stamina Templar - Bow/DW]
    Dunmer Magicka DK - Dest/Resto staff
    Breton Magicka NB - [Dest/DW PvE] [Dest/Resto PvP]
    Bosmer Stamina Warden - Bow/2H
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    rossk25 wrote: »
    One of my toons is a Stamplar and I really love playing him.

The biggest issue I have is with how they have changed how repentance works.
    Before the change, repentance would provide health AND stamina to both you and allies. Now it only provides health to allies and stamia is only for you.
    This means if you are in a dungoeon, or trial, or in any situation and there is another stamplar with repentance slotted, you will both be competing for stamina resources.

However, PoTL is still one of my faviourite abilities and is very usefull in PvP.

I run the same WoodElf Templar as you in PvP and love that little guy! (Gave up on repentance though)
    jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
    Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
    Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU

• FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Templar you want to be a PvE healer or PvP damage set up. (magicka Templar is seriously lacking in PvE DPS)

Stamina Templar is great PvE DPS and pretty nice in PvP for damage.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars are not the superior class. But they can nearly do everything in game, so they are more solid then other classes.
    I just would pick a templar again, when i like the idea of it... but at these days the templar class dont looks very good supported by ZOS...

I really like my templar, but when i would start the game again, i would pick a DK or a Sorc as main charakter...
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if you want to be a healer.

Other than that, other classes have just as much or more survivability, more damage, more maneuverability and mobility. And in some cases it is rolled all in to one class.

Templar use to be a really solid choice all-round, but it feels like every class is a really solid choice all round these days, but they are even better in nearly every area (other than healing others) than Templar as well.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my stamplar is a beast #stamplarmasterrace
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar? Yes
    Magplar? Ehhhh...
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healer? Hell yes! Stamina-DPS? Hell yes! Every thing else? Hell no!

So, in normal wording: Templar is still arguably the best healer and as Stamina-DPS they are very strong in PvE, not the strongest but close enough to be competitive while having great utility. In PvP Templar can still be tanky as **** on magicka and can have some nice burst on stamina
    Edited by FakeFox on October 27, 2017 1:17PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all. Stamplar it is. Will see you all around. I named her "Templar Resistance" :p