The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Off Tanking 0zara VSO

ARIES SERPICO
ARIES SERPICO
✭✭
Looking for some tips to help struggling off tanks with tanking Troll, war priest and archer at Ozara. Gear setup recommendations and skills that might help along with strategy tips.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I like to take the troll and archer over to the corner by the archer spawn point the war priest can get you in trouble so if he comes your way taunt him if not let main tank get him. Reason is that if you get to close to ozara while taunting war priest you will be pinned to the ground. The next thing you have to watch for is poison arrow spray from archer and the rock throw from the troll. To do this i like to use chains for major expedition and basically kite back in fourth in that corner avoiding those 2 main mechanics while keeping taunt up. Poison spray will put a massive d.o.t so avoid this over everything.

There is an easier method for the group as well that makes life hell for a tank and a off heals basically you take the group by the archer spawn. Point the archer at the door(if tank lets go of block and is too close to door ozara will knock back and tank will get Stuck in room probably a wipe) and the rest of the group should form a half moon like the other strat around ozaras back. The off tank will take o.c and troll and have to hang out by the troll door the off heals should stand by the opposite wall this way both of you can avoiding overcharge from stacking. When liquid lightning drops simply kite it avoiding your healer and avoiding your other group once again if you get to close you will get pinned. The rest is on your group to execute.
    Edited by Trashkan on October 26, 2017 12:10PM
  • Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    Our off-tank takes troll and overcharger and deals with them at the entrance, while we are focusing Ozara where archer spawns. Main takes archer and meele ones and tanks them with the boss. All others just stack in each other, it is ultimately easy win.

Only one problem may appear, when ur healers are not that exp in healing, but it will come in time.

EDIT: didnt read previous post, and sorry for repeating second tac :)
    Edited by Aerithone on October 26, 2017 1:54PM
    I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »
    Personally I like to take the troll and archer over to the corner by the archer spawn point the war priest can get you in trouble so if he comes your way taunt him if not let main tank get him. Reason is that if you get to close to ozara while taunting war priest you will be pinned to the ground. The next thing you have to watch for is poison arrow spray from archer and the rock throw from the troll. To do this i like to use chains for major expedition and basically kite back in fourth in that corner avoiding those 2 main mechanics while keeping taunt up. Poison spray will put a massive d.o.t so avoid this over everything.

There is an easier method for the group as well that makes life hell for a tank and a off heals basically you take the group by the archer spawn. Point the archer at the door(if tank lets go of block and is too close to door ozara will knock back and tank will get Stuck in room probably a wipe) and the rest of the group should form a half moon like the other strat around ozaras back. The off tank will take o.c and troll and have to hang out by the troll door the off heals should stand by the opposite wall this way both of you can avoiding overcharge from stacking. When liquid lightning drops simply kite it avoiding your healer and avoiding your other group once again if you get to close you will get pinned. The rest is on your group to execute.
    Aerithone wrote: »
    Our off-tank takes troll and overcharger and deals with them at the entrance, while we are focusing Ozara where archer spawns. Main takes archer and meele ones and tanks them with the boss. All others just stack in each other, it is ultimately easy win.

Only one problem may appear, when ur healers are not that exp in healing, but it will come in time.

EDIT: didnt read previous post, and sorry for repeating second tac :)

Thanks for the feedback
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    When off tanking I usually taunt the 2H immediately when the fight starts, then the troll, then the archer. I'll sprint to the area where the archer spawns and go into a little alcove in the room. This should pull the troll into the room. When the troll enters the room, exit the alcove, re-taunt and now it's a resource management game.

I prefer using an ulit-gen build; dragon, bloodspawn and werewolf hide (decisive weapons). My S+B ult is the key for this... I'll pop my ult, heavy attack/puncture and by the time the ult wears out I'm at full resources with the 3 enemies freshly taunted; after 12 seconds I'll re-taunt another round and by the time I need to retaunt I usually have another ult ready.

Some of my guild-mates prefer a magic-based build, where they will wear 5 seducer/5-lich and use spell symmetry when needed. I haven't tried this, but they have good success with it. In both cases, I'd keep some tri-pots on hand in case of emergency.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    pizzaow wrote: »
    When off tanking I usually taunt the 2H immediately when the fight starts, then the troll, then the archer. I'll sprint to the area where the archer spawns and go into a little alcove in the room. This should pull the troll into the room. When the troll enters the room, exit the alcove, re-taunt and now it's a resource management game.

I prefer using an ulit-gen build; dragon, bloodspawn and werewolf hide (decisive weapons). My S+B ult is the key for this... I'll pop my ult, heavy attack/puncture and by the time the ult wears out I'm at full resources with the 3 enemies freshly taunted; after 12 seconds I'll re-taunt another round and by the time I need to retaunt I usually have another ult ready.

Some of my guild-mates prefer a magic-based build, where they will wear 5 seducer/5-lich and use spell symmetry when needed. I haven't tried this, but they have good success with it. In both cases, I'd keep some tri-pots on hand in case of emergency.

Thanks
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    @pizzaow @Aerithone @Trashkan would you all recommend the same gear/setup for tanking all mantikoras away from group on last boss?
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking for some tips to help struggling off tanks with tanking Troll, war priest and archer at Ozara. Gear setup recommendations and skills that might help along with strategy tips.

Tank them in the alcove where you enter. Right near where the troll spawns. You can use the rubble to the right (when facing where the archer spawns) to LoS the archer and bring him closer. This will allow you, with practice, to keep all the range out of sight if the main group.

The main group should be at the door the overcharger spawns.

Is suggest dragon with either plague or WW. Skills, GDB, igneos shield and the Dk shield ult (cannot recall the name off hand) and whatever you feel comfortable with.
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Thanks @idk
  • pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    I use the same gear for off-tanking the mantikora/lamia tanking on the next boss... If nothing else, because switching gear on console is a pain :) Both fights are fairly similar in that you don't have to worry about a 1-shot, bash or weird mechanic; they are more about resource management. So, if you've figured out a plan for resources it should work in both battles.

For me, the only difference is that I'll run magma shell instead of S+B ult; the poison phase is the most challenging part for me and popping a shell guarantees making it through that round.

Alternately, one of the guilds I run with has the main tank taunt the 1st (and 3rd if needed) mantikora in the group where it dies to AOE damage. Because of this you can tank the lamias close enough to the group where you can get some heals during poison phase. The second mantikora can be tanked in the same spot (near the main boss) because orb phase should occur before the first stomp. The advantage of this is that it's easy to always grab an orb... I've yet to make it to an orb when tanking both mantikoras near the entrance.
    XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    @pizzaow @Aerithone @Trashkan would you all recommend the same gear/setup for tanking all mantikoras away from group on last boss?

our off tank switches to dragonguard set (15% ultimate cost reduction).
    Also,if u want, u can also use set called Werewolf hide.
    for sure u don`t need alkosh f.e., when tanking manticoras.
    if ur party is ok with their damage and u don`t think yourself can live with two mantis, ur main can tank second ones.
    Just remember to run to ur group while boss casts dat shields phaseor ur dd must run to res u and he might ruin proper placement of shaper.
    I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    @Aerithone thanks