The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NO DRESS???

Lyserus
Lyserus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I just realize this horrible truth.......there is no dress costumes you can obtain without crown store!

How could ZOS let this happen????? female characters need love!
Edited by Lyserus on October 24, 2017 11:29PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    I just realize this horrible truth.......there is no dress costumes you can obtain without crown store!

Male characters, too.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Male characters, too.

:| oh....right
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn’t they use to have dresses up there? Either way, this isn’t the fashion runway or Super Princess Peach. We don’t “need” dresses.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without spending money, I don't think there's any, "civvies," available as costumes. Closest you can get are some disguises. There's also the Merchant Lord's Regalia if you're either a subscriber or own Thieves Guild, but that's still coughing up cash one way or another.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 7th House costume is kinda like a dress. It's a robe. A robe is a dress, right?
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Male characters, too.

:| oh....right

Yep.
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheMaster wrote: »
    Didn’t they use to have dresses up there? Either way, this isn’t the fashion runway or Super Princess Peach. We don’t “need” dresses.

But we all know that a woman is not a woman if she isn't feminine and sexy and ladylike before anything, even in the heat of battle (because you know, that's our purpose and function in life). And nothing screams "feminine and therefore a TRUE woman" better than a dress, oh yeah. :*
    Edited by Stania on October 25, 2017 12:17AM
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ulfgarde wrote: »
    The 7th House costume is kinda like a dress. It's a robe. A robe is a dress, right?

The Black Hand Robe is kinda dress-y. Sorta. Maybe?
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's NOT what the OP meant by love, Harvey.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sixth House Robe is pretty much a dress, but looks great on both sexes. You get it by collecting pieces for it from the northern-most public dungeon in Vvardenfell.

34539619573_bc275730ec_c.jpg
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Male characters, too.

What about other 72+ "genders"?
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

Male characters, too.

What about other 72+ "genders"?

Isn't a 150?
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Male characters, too.

... *rolls eyes*
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on October 25, 2017 5:54AM
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stania wrote: »
    But we all know that a woman is not a woman if she isn't feminine and sexy and ladylike before anything, even in the heat of battle (because you know, that's our purpose and function in life). And nothing screams "feminine and therefore a TRUE woman" better than a dress and a bright red rubedite greatsword, oh yeah. :*

Fixed that for you, @Stania.
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    The Sixth House Robe is pretty much a dress, but looks great on both sexes. You get it by collecting pieces for it from the northern-most public dungeon in Vvardenfell.

34539619573_bc275730ec_c.jpg

But that's too ugly for use :wink:
  • mirta000b16_ESO
    mirta000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stania wrote: »
    But we all know that a woman is not a woman if she isn't feminine and sexy and ladylike before anything, even in the heat of battle (because you know, that's our purpose and function in life). And nothing screams "feminine and therefore a TRUE woman" better than a dress, oh yeah. :*

depends who you're roleplaying as. If I was roleplaying a noble humanoid race woman for example that fights with magic, I would want either a noble dress, or a robe. Not everyone wants a robe, so they want to be walking around in a full high-born looking outfit. And that is perfectly fine.

My wizard lizard prefers robes and traditional argonian garments. Thankfully dark brotherhood gives a very pretty robe. My warden kajiit loves full body leather suits. The pre-order suit for Morrowind and the first outfit that you get from the thieves guild does it for her nicely.

Not everything has to be about being a "true" woman. Half the clothing choices here will be due to roleplay, or simply because the player fancied it. :D
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, there are clothes in game which are dresses. Of course they take up your armour slots, instead of being worn over your armour, as costumes would be. But there definately are dresses for use in game.
    Edited by feyii on October 25, 2017 6:19AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit thinks a dress of some kind may be amongst the paupers clothing occasionally obtained from unguarded wardrobes and drawers yes.

Are you in EU or US Tamriel? Khajiit may be able to see if she has any such thing sitting in the bank or at least keep an eye out for one on her travels.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an altmer who in semi-rebellion to her excessively-fashion-and-high-culture-minded twin has gone out of her way to collect the initial clothing from cold harbor and the prison. yes, there is no armor value, but if you are well-kitted out and just wearing the initial Cold Harbor sorc robe (dyed an attractive Hunding Gold, of course) it can make people look twice.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • CyborgPlatypus
    CyborgPlatypus
    ✭✭✭
    oops. You said without.
    Edited by CyborgPlatypus on October 25, 2017 6:40AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit thinks a dress of some kind may be amongst the paupers clothing occasionally obtained from unguarded wardrobes and drawers yes.

Are you in EU or US Tamriel? Khajiit may be able to see if she has any such thing sitting in the bank or at least keep an eye out for one on her travels.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Khajiit are thinking of clothing like this.
    7gD2fqGh.jpg
    Added some random shoulder this one found as she liked the look.
    Note that it take armor slots so its not an costume.
    This one use it as non combat gear for characters who don't have gear, mostly leveling characters there other use set.

Still works more than well enough for dolmens, clean sweep.
    BOzMmnDh.jpg
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This dress was stolen from a container, laundered and dyed:

zwbGjut.jpg

There is at least one skirt and several tops of the type worn by female NPC's that are also found in random owned containers like crates, barrels, and pieces of furniture.
    PC EU
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dress was stolen from a container, laundered and dyed:

zwbGjut.jpg

There is at least one skirt and several tops of the type worn by female NPC's that are also found in random owned containers like crates, barrels, and pieces of furniture.

Wow, she looks like typical tavern maiden.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, you can dye the clothes you steal? How have I never noticed that?

As well as the civilian clothing you can 'find' there's also some light armour robes which look like dresses. Of course the problem with both of those is they replace your armour, so if you wear them in combat you'll be sacrificing your stats. But that might not be a problem for you.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ArcaneBlue
    ArcaneBlue
    ✭✭✭
    I think we need more commoner clothes and armour costumes than flowy dresses, although I wouldn't say no to more dresses. we need more varieties. it's been a while since we had "armour" looking costumes :)
    #teamEmeric