The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Error 303 (Connection to the server has timed out)

Flameheart
Flameheart
✭✭✭✭✭
Getting the above error now frequently after the new update, especially when I want to log from one char to another on the same account. Result is a fall back to the login screen. It's unnerving. In addition I realized that my char will be invisible in the world for a few seconds after succeeding at last in logging in.

Edited by Flameheart on October 26, 2017 5:18AM
Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Flameheart

Are you still getting this error after today's patch maintenance?

If so, this error could be a result of anti-virus settings not updating correctly. You can follow the steps in this help article on what exceptions are needed to allow the launcher and game to run correctly.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't online on the 25th, will try today evening.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

• Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue is still there. Not always I get an error message, but I drop back to the login screen while logging in on a regular base now. It's damned annoying.

• Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue is still there. Not always I get an error message 303, but I drop back to the login screen while logging in on a regular base now. It's damned annoying, besides the fact that the loading screen lasts an eternity til time out.

At moment I can't log into the game at all. Char select is the end right now.

Omg...what have you done ?

Edited by Flameheart on October 29, 2017 9:41AM

• Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flameheart wrote: »
    Issue is still there. Not always I get an error message 303, but I drop back to the login screen while logging in on a regular base now. It's damned annoying, besides the fact trhat the loading screen lasts an eternity til time out.

Maybe I found the issue. The mini map part of the addon Advanced UI in combination with bugeater caused the time out. I wonder what was so important to fix concerning the minimap pins that one of the most used addons is obsolete now and even causes issues...

Edited by Flameheart on November 12, 2017 10:50PM

• Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue is still there. Not always I get an error message 303, but I drop back to the login screen while logging in on a regular base now. It's damned annoying, besides the fact trhat the loading screen lasts an eternity til time out.

Found the issue. The mini map part of the addon Advanced UI in combination with bugeater caused the time out. I wonder what was so important to fix concerning the minimap pins that one of the most used addons is obsolete now and even causes issues...

Even a AUI bug fix has't solved the issue, the error 303 when relogging onto other chars is still there. Sometimes I need several tries to log in with another char on the same account.

Edited by Flameheart on November 6, 2017 6:57AM

• Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Issue is solved.

After Clockwork City and after joining 4 very large and competetive trading guilds with loads of sales I experienced severe log in time outs after a while. As there was CwC as a new DLC and many outdated addons it was rather difficult to find out what was causing this.

Now I know that over 750k sales data in MM is far too much. I resetted it (10 days sales info in good trading guilds is pretty sufficient to get a clue about the most important item prices) and delayed in addition MM initialization. The log in problems vanished from one second to another and my loading screen for logging from char select into the game are around 75% shorter now.

Edited by Flameheart on November 13, 2017 8:53AM