The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Smaller, cheaper housing in DLC area, or ability to buy with gold

mirta000b16_ESO
mirta000b16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I love Clockwork City and would gladly buy myself an apartment/ small house there for up to 4000 crowns or with gold. Observatory prior is far out of my pocket range. I get that some people will appreciate the view, the size and the location. I would take a crappier view, far smaller size, if I could still purchase the ability to live in the location.

Essentially what I'm asking for is options in DLC areas. Maybe one big/ one small house with 12000 crowns and 4000 crowns as price, instead of just a big area for 12000 crowns.
Edited by mirta000b16_ESO on October 24, 2017 3:38PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed! I would love some inn room/small home size DLC rooms! (or even medium i guess). I prefer to buy with gold but I have found the Large and Manor size homes to be too large to decorate to my tastes within the current item limits.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like more small, thematically interesting houses in DLC zones, for sure. A clockwork boiler-room style apartment, for example, would be super fun.

I get that the big houses bring in the big money, but tbh I prefer decorating little ones.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I've requested this before, prior to Linchal being announced as the home for Gold Coast, and others have voiced similar opinions. I prefer smaller homes, though I have purchased the Amaya Lake Lodge and Tel Galen. But, I really enjoy decorating medium/small homes and even the apartments. There is a thread I saw about asking them to provide an apartment or small home in Balmora, if I recall correctly.

I'd prefer they have both a gold and crown option.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 24, 2017 6:16PM
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see small (cheaper) houses in Gold Coast and CWC. I mean, there isn't even a housing option in Gold Coast, except for those lucky enough to be around when Linchal Manor went up for sale for a short time.
    Feel like the option of small and cosy as well as more luxurious would be nice in most major places. I'd really like it if there was a small, medium and notable house in each desireable location.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Clockwork City Observatory looks very much like an observatory. It gave me the closest experience I've ever had to vertigo in a game and I would not be remotely comfortable treating that place like a home. Its super cool, but it would never make a good home for my characters.

Whereas I'd definitely look at a smaller home in Clockwork City. But then again, ZOS took my lovely Benirus Manor in Anvil from Oblivion and made it into a bank, so I clearly can't get everything I want.
  • manavortex
    manavortex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still want small houses in Vvardenfell - one in Balmora or Suran, with the classical architecture and style, and one of those Telvanni houses like the one Sun-in-Shadows has. Also, a place in Vivec or Molag Mar where we could actually be with more than two people would be so good.

So, yes, sign! Sign sign sign!
    Stop Zanil Theran's sinister plot to exterminate bank space! Give ESO+ subscribers a virtual Furniture Bag!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I would love to see apartments/small homes for the DLC areas (gold-purchaseable please!) as I find the manors impossible to decorate with only 700 slots! Since the item limit:area ratio is much better for the smaller homes I much prefer these!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the small houses in Anvil or Kvatch would be great choices for a player home. Same in Wrothgar, I expect a huge estate somewhere, but I hope for a smaller home that inside the city as well.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.
    Honestly, smaller houses are easier to decorate, the limit of 700 items in manors is too... limiting.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also prefer a small, simple house, but has a garden, with a body of water and green sight. It would fit most of my solitary characters better than big houses and mannors, which suit more for rich merchants or noble house that have lots of servants and host parties. My problem is most of the homestead with beautiful garden also come with large house. The small and medium home usually have small garden with no body of water, or even don't have a garden at all.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on November 14, 2017 5:10AM
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    I’d definitely give a few crowns for a house INSIDE Anvil. As in, inside the city gates.
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd pay for even an apartment in Abah's Landing.
  • Invoca
    Invoca
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the small-ish houses so small ones, even like the one room apartments, on the Gold Coast or Abah's Watch would've been great. Something with a garden/balcony with a nice view would be excellent.
    Edited by Invoca on November 16, 2017 9:24PM
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    I'd totally live in a shack next to the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary. Or a small troll cave, I'll take anything!
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    For my part I'd love one of the moored ships in Abah's Watch as a medium house, or perhaps the Lighthouse in Anvil (once you unlock the DB intro).

I'm not sure about Vvardenfell, as Morrowind has some wonderful options already, what with the St Delyn's penthouse, and the Ald Velothi Harbor House.
    Orsinium could use a small village house, or perhaps Morkul could fit in a small tower-keep residence.
    If the area around Mazzatun would allow, perhaps some delve-sized caverns or grottos would be appropriate, and a welcome break from mudhuts.

Just my thoughts off the cuff...

• angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to just see at least one home in every zone be available to purchase with GOLD. I wouldn't care what size the house was.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At minimum dlc’s should have apt like the vivec city one.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a minimalist in eso and in real life. Small houses are kind of more "homey" and "cozy" to me. Also, not much of a "clutterist" here...so the number of slots is enough for me. :)
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    I feel this way about all DLC housing. There needs to be more choices for those of us who cannot afford crowns or do not have enough ingame money.
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    I own Hunding's Palatial Palace, but I think a nice apartment/manor in Hew's Bane would be cool too.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLCs have plenty of small homes and inn rooms and one of each could be set up as player housing.
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too would love to be able to purchase medium-sized houses(with a courtyard) in the DLC zones. Unfortunately, ZOS currently seems more interested in selling manor-sized houses that cost 12k crowns and 4m gold when they're also purshasable with gold. The worst part is that they're fully aware of the item limit issue players have with those huge houses.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    I dream of an apartment with a small balcony in Gold Coast or Hew's Bane. The view is worth a lot of gold.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peebuzzle wrote: »
    I dream of an apartment with a small balcony in Gold Coast or Hew's Bane. The view is worth a lot of gold.
    I take a ship in Anvils harbor
  • Prophet_Scott
    Prophet_Scott
    ✭✭
    Does Zenimax even read this? I wonder how many voices it'll take before they actually address the player needs and requests. Whether it'd be a yes or a no would be entirely up to them, but I find the lack of interaction with the game's staff.. Disturbing.

Player ranting aside, I second this thread. More appartments/small/medium player houses in DLC areas. Most people can't afford and might not even want a 99 dollar house, as great as it looks. I'd prefer something a lot smaller and nice such as the Derelict Laboratory in The Clockwork City that you visit during the Terari quest.

Which looks nice and sober like this on the outside
    we4g5005pazd.png

And like this on the inside:
    f7wcol90m3t8.png

Edited by Prophet_Scott on December 8, 2017 7:01AM
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd really like to see the data on how many people bought the Excorcised Coven Cottage because I suspect it was pretty popular for the reasons stated in this thread. I'd also like to see more small/medium houses, good sized land and purchasable with a reasonable amount of gold and a relatively easy to get achievement.

The big grand houses are great, but they're tough to make look like real homes. Houses/Apartments in Hew's Bane. Gold Coast, even Cyrodil would be amazing!

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree! I'd like to see apartments and small homes in the DLC areas. Even medium homes, but I suspect the reason they won't do anything larger than a small home for gold (if they even do it) is because of ESO+.

If they offer homes for gold in DLC areas, the corresponding Crown price will have be less than 1500 Crowns. Otherwise, people will just sub for a month, buy the home with gold, and then unsub. However, if the home in question costs less than 1500 Crowns, it would cost more to sub for a month just to buy it with gold than it would to just buy it with Crowns.

So, if we do see housing for gold in DLC areas, it would most likely be apartments or small homes, which would cost less than a month of ESO+. Which suits me just fine, as I think an apartment or small home in each of the DLC cities would be great.

EDIT: It's interesting that they did not offer any apartments or small homes in Morrowind even though you had to purchase the chapter if you wanted to buy either of the houses (medium and large) with gold. Sure, there is also Saint Delyn's Penthouse, which is rather large, but it's really an inn room and only has 30 slots. Mine's full and it still looks bare in there. It would be nice to also see an apartment or small home (preferably both) available in MW to purchase with gold.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 8, 2017 5:10PM