The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Xbox One controller input delay

urbvninfluence
urbvninfluence
Soul Shriven
So I recently swapped over from xbox because the frames were absolutely unbearable in trials, so I bought a PC & an account. I hopped on & started playing with my xbox one controller. I immediately noticed that there was a huge delay in everything I did while playing with the controller. Whether it was opening my bag & going through inventory, casting abilties & light/heavy weaving there was always a delay that wasn’t there when I played on xbox.

Does anyone know how I can reduce the input delay without having to switch to mouse & keyboard? I tried turning off my V-sync but that didn’t seem to help.
Edited by urbvninfluence on October 24, 2017 2:47AM
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually play with an XBox One controller. Personally, I haven't noticed any difference in input lag between it and mouse/keyboard on my computer.

Control lag can happen. It's usually a deeper problem in the game due to server response/network latency (not your controller), and it certainly will get you killed in combat when it hits. The latest patch may have helped get rid of that, though.

How is your XBox controller connected to your PC? Try connecting it directly to a USB port on your computer. Don't go through a USB hub, don't use the XBox wireless adapter. If you're already using a UBB port on the PC, move to a different one. USB can be funky sometimes -- different ports can be connected to different segments of the USB bus, or even different controllers with different performance.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you play on your TV, it may not recognize the PC so , u must manualy select the input type to be PC or even Console so the TV optimize the settings and triggers Game Mode , or you can try manualy trigger Game Mode to reduce the input lag.