The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No more No Cp BG?

killingspreeb16_ESO
killingspreeb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Well today i logged in and i found that BG are CP only right now...just why?i hate CP,basically im not gonna play BG anymore because of it and that was the only reason i did buy morrowind,why not let us choose what type of BG to Queue?

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not the only one who feels that way or asked that question.

Apparently the change is because they feel it will get more people into them, however they said if it doesn't work maybe they'll change back.

Personally I would rather just have CP/No CP options like regular Cyrodiil.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    You're not the only one who feels that way or asked that question.

Apparently the change is because they feel it will get more people into them, however they said if it doesn't work maybe they'll change back.

Personally I would rather just have CP/No CP options like regular Cyrodiil.

Thanks for the reply,then im going to wait if they will ever add the NOCP bg queue (let's hope soon) because right now i don't really like to play BG :disappointed:
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i hope we get no cp bg :/
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's unlikely anything will change until the next dlc release, they're likely to let it go for a while and see how it plays out with CP-only for level 50s.

I think the best thing for the health of battlegrounds at this point (that I feel is achievable by ZOS) is to remove the Morrowind paywall. This should allow a much larger playerbase access to them and would then justify having CP and non-CP modes for level 50s.

As it is, if you're at level 50 and under CP300 or so, we wish you the best :neutral:
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    No CP bg has to be brought back.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    It's ugly out there. I don't even know if I want to do this anymore. lol

I did a lot of CP and no-CP campaigns. There's an obvious different. But it's even more obvious in Battlegrounds.

And this is suppose to inspire build diversity? :D
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boycott CP enabled BGs

--> after all, 'numbers don't lie'

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.. Why not both?
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    It's unlikely anything will change until the next dlc release, they're likely to let it go for a while and see how it plays out with CP-only for level 50s.

I think the best thing for the health of battlegrounds at this point (that I feel is achievable by ZOS) is to remove the Morrowind paywall. This should allow a much larger playerbase access to them and would then justify having CP and non-CP modes for level 50s.

As it is, if you're at level 50 and under CP300 or so, we wish you the best :neutral:

Ye we might need to wait for the next DLC if we are lucky and that sucks tbh.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the prevalence of high damage stamblades, things have gotten much more frustrating for me.

They usually can’t kill me by myself, but now I have to be careful about who I attack.. if I’m attacking the second team then it’s easy for the third team to swoop in and kill me and the second team.

Kill stealing has gotten much worse because of the increased survivability giving the kill stealers more time to notice and to get into position.

I swear it’s laggier too. And don’t even get me started about the new CTR mechanics

I apologize to anyone who was in discord with me yesterday and had to put up with all my salt.
    Edited by Thogard on October 24, 2017 3:39PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    I apologize to anyone who was in discord with me yesterday and had to put up with all my salt.
    After you left Bee-Pee and I duo queued for a bit and only ran into one team again with the Tankplar-guard combo. And then I had a ridiculous Chaosball game (recap pic is in the discord) where I had a 90 second carry and two 60 second carries and felt bad for the other teams. They must have been just new because a second chaosball match did not go quite as well, though we did win.

There are going to be teams that will be extremely frustrating to fight. But most games so far have been pretty reasonable, which is a pleasant surprise.

Only got one CTR game but the most frustrating thing there was how I got stuck in a falling animation right behind our relic after charging an opponent that was stuck there. Luckily this was as the winning relic was being returned to base.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    With the prevalence of high damage stamblades, things have gotten much more frustrating for me.

They usually can’t kill me by myself, but now I have to be careful about who I attack.. if I’m attacking the second team then it’s easy for the third team to swoop in and kill me and the second team.

Kill stealing has gotten much worse because of the increased survivability giving the kill stealers more time to notice and to get into position.

I swear it’s laggier too. And don’t even get me started about the new CTR mechanics

You're not lying. Things are way more chaotic and not in a good way. I played with a pre-made group initially which made Battlegrounds tolerable last night, but solo queuing is horrid.

I stopped going to Cyrodiil because it's not the true open world PvP I desire. However, I always loved battlegrounds in WoW. Outside of the initial issues with BGs in ESO I really like what ZoS created. But I'm not enjoying it, win or loose right now.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus

My feeling is that this is just in line with how ZOS solves issues. One could try to tackle the fundamental design issues BGs were born with and make the concept more interesting and thus appealing this way. Or one could turn a switch and hope that will magically bring more players. If presented two choices, ZOS is almost always doing the one that is less work, but also less profit for the player base.

Enabling CP won’t solve anything because the design flaws are the same, if not worse because of it. It’s funny to the degree of hilarity that ZOS announces a fast paced PvP Combat format where in 3 out of 4 modes you hardly fight at all and the addition of CP certainly doesn’t add to it being fast paced.

But probably player numbers in BGs are so low by now that ZOS thought it couldn’t hurt to try regardless of the firm stance users had against adding CP.

It’s sad. BGs could have been so great.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.