Xarxes and Kastav being removed

Mop_Almighty
I believe that Xarxes and Kastav should be brought back for a few reasons

A small note before reading this my experience comes from Xbox EU Xarxes and I have a lot of friends that play Kastav and they can say the same.

1. Not everyone likes Zerg vs Zerg, I don't enjoy vivec and now shoe because there are just way to many people. When there was Xarxes and kastav ( I personally played on Xarxes) there were about 5-10 active people per alliance, and we liked it like that! There were so many fights where afterwards people just said"that was a really fun fight" even if they lost! Everyone was friendly with one another and enjoyed to come across one another. We were defending Emp or trying to take it with small fun groups against small groups as well making for some very nice fights that both side enjoyed, you didn't have to worry about being zerged down whenever you were by yourself like in Vivek and shor and we enjoyed that now we are all stuck having to do Zerg vs Zerg combat where it doesn't matter how good your group is it just matters how many people there are.
2. When people say the Xarxes and Kastav were just for ap boosters and people locking down the map is not true at all. We did earn a good amount of ap but it was not at all from boosting, we all enjoyed those campaigns so much that we would play them all day therefore earning a lot of ap. You did find the occasional person trying to ap boost but they would never make it very far before being killed or getting bored because he had no one on another alliance to boost with him so he/she would just leave. So saying that they are filled with ap boosters is very untruthful and an assumption.
3. People saying that Xarxes and Kastav were just for people selling emp. This is 100% false at least on Xbox eu, in the time that I have been playing no one has sold emp on either of the campaigns, the people that get emp are the ones that play a lot and earn ap legit. So as I have said before saying that all people do here is just sell emp is untruthful and an assumption

These are some of the reasons why I truly believe that removing Xarxes and Kastav was a huge mistake and they should be re added immediately
Breton magsorc
Argonian Healer
Dunmer magdk
Breton magplar
FOR THE COVENANT!
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    these 2 campaigns were created directly to pvp-event (Midyear mayhem) and now then exploited to make emperors.
    thnx ZoS for deleting them
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Mop_Almighty
    Morvane wrote: »
    these 2 campaigns were created directly to pvp-event (Midyear mayhem) and now then exploited to make emperors.

There are no people giving/selling emp only people that genuinely care about pop and the campaign, I have been playing in Xarxes and I have never seen someone that didn't deserve emp get emp or a someone buying emp
    Breton magsorc
    Argonian Healer
    Dunmer magdk
    Breton magplar
    FOR THE COVENANT!
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff campaigns, good bye and good riddance
    Zos never bring dead servers back again. Just fix the ones youve already got
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvane wrote: »

I wouldn´t call it exploit to be honest (cheese perhaps, but no exploit) and why does it bother you that some random person got emperor on an campaign you (just assuming) don´t even participate in? If someone gets happy for the costume/titel and facerolling in an empty campaing....then good for them. Personally I couldn´t care less.....

Sure, I´ve been against the removal (since I hate long PvP que´s, but it´s not the end of the world that Kastav and Xarxes was removed) but still don´t understand why some people are so salty about these campaigns....
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad they are gone but in all honesty, it was too little too late. The Emperor flipping's dmg has already been done.

The main point here isnt that people are upset that a bunch of undeserving millennials got Emperor. The point is that those servers were leeching entire guilds from competitive campaigns (or campaigns that could have been competitive had those servers not gone live) essentially preventing any real community growth on said potential and/or competitive servers.

After those servers went live, Shor went from a decnt 6-8 guilds spread across three factions to 2 1/2 guilds. Sotha and Vivec stayed relatively healthy but Kastav and Xarxes had only 1 guild per faction.

Cyrodiil is not a PvE zone. It has PvE elements but it is NOT a PvE zone. Insisting that it should be is selfish.

and PvP zones are unhealthy unless populated by players. By DESIGN. Spreading the player base too thin across not 1, not 2 but THREE blank servers (Kastav, Xarxes, Almalexia) is ludicrous.

This should have been done back in June/July. It took ZOS a long time to close those servers and we never ot a reason why. Was it to correct the perma emp thing? cuz thats still a thing.

Instead of asking for these servers to come back, I want to know why they were left online so long.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks at Xbox EU campaign pop - yellows 1 bar, others no bars at all. Vivec has been dying slowly for months on XBox EU. Its pretty much become a PvE campaign all by itself.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015