The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 210 - Followed every instruction how to fix 3x

wak_rather
wak_rather
Soul Shriven
Error 210 exists on the launcher. I have admin privileges, windows 10 64bit pro, latest Fall Creator's Update.
Windows 10 UAC slider is put to the bottom, least interference.
I run Steam as Administrator
I run eso Launcher as Administrator
I have downloaded the 54+ Gigabyte huge file 3x now.
three clean installs on top of following all of the suggestions
I even did a clean install of Steam today as administrator and a clean install of ESO online.
It is stuck at 11% on the launcher, then Fails to Download
Then, after waiting an hour looking at the failed screen, I restart the launcher, steam, everything in Admin mode.
Now the Error 210 is back and is doing nothing and, of course, it cannot "repair".

Every other game on steam or non-steam works fine from 1996 games to present. Only broken one is ESO Online....
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are two more troubleshooting steps you can try that may help resolve Error 210 coming up in the launcher.

Download the Patch Manifest File
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Download the file linked in this help article.
      PC_PatchManifestFile_EN.PNG
    3. Move the file to the ProgramData folder of the launcher directory.
      • By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    4. Re-open the ESO Launcher and try again.

Delete the Program Data
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Navigate to the patch installation folder,
      • By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    3. Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    4. Restart the ESO Launcher.

The Launcher should now display "Creating Download." This is normal as the launcher begins the regeneration process. It can take anywhere between 21-30% before the launcher switches to "Downloading Game Files." Once this is complete, you should be able to play the game.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post