The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Give 4v4 competitive Team Death Match

Strider__Roshin
Strider__Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
One small team against another that we can queue with pre-made teams for. That's all I want. No power sigil, no relic, nothing. Just team death match with two pre made teams.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I'd very much like a competitive PvP system that's akin to arenas in WoW (or at least how they used to be, before I quit playing back in 2009/2010 - not sure if they've changed since then).

'Course, there are population issues to take into account; as long as the rewards in Cyrodiil are so much better, and BGs are stuck behind a $40 paywall, it may be hard to get a healthy population going for the small group stuff.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Irylia is trying to put something like this together in cyrodil, you should contact him.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    @Irylia is trying to put something like this together in cyrodil, you should contact him.

Server and platform?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Server and platform?

PC NA
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

Server and platform?

PC NA

I'm PS4 NA :-\
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be a good addition.

-Simple leaderboards based on points gained per win.

-Prioritize matches vs other groups with similar points and create a ranked system based off of that.

-prioritize but allow any match to be made. If the number 1 team was q’d for bg’s and faced off against a #20 team they would receive less points for the win. This would allow players to continue finding bg matches regardless of rank and population size.

Provide some sort of indication for teams active in bg so top 5 teams could see if each other were on to snipe matches (low priority feature)

Unique skin/Mount/title as season reward
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    Would be a good addition.

-Simple leaderboards based on points gained per win.

-Prioritize matches vs other groups with similar points and create a ranked system based off of that.

-prioritize but allow any match to be made. If the number 1 team was q’d for bg’s and faced off against a #20 team they would receive less points for the win. This would allow players to continue finding bg matches regardless of rank and population size.

Provide some sort of indication for teams active in bg so top 5 teams could see if each other were on to snipe matches (low priority feature)

Unique skin/Mount/title as season reward

Good thinking. I like your ideas
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its called Arena like in WoW. I would really enjoy this with a leaderboard in 2vs2, 3vs3 and 4vs4 :)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »
    Its called Arena like in WoW. I would really enjoy this with a leaderboard in 2vs2, 3vs3 and 4vs4 :)

I would be so hype if they just even added the MMR system like WoW had. If we could get season based mounts and additional formats for team sizes and better rewards I would dump more money in this game ha.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2v2 would be sweet, 4v4 would be cool
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather a Free For All DM, I’m sick of this coop team [snip] in every damn game, real men fight alone...

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 5, 2017 5:10PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS let players choose which Battlegrounds Modes to play, it'd quickly become obvious which format players preferred. But then ZOS couldn't continue to milk Battlegrounds with new gameplay modes.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Rather a Free For All DM, I’m sick of this coop team [snip] in every damn game, real men fight alone...

This would be a great mode as well. I personally love small scale, but a free for all would also be awesome!

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 5, 2017 5:10PM
  • Dottzgaming
    Dottzgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be so hype if they just even added the MMR system like WoW had. If we could get season based mounts and additional formats for team sizes and better rewards I would dump more money in this game ha.

Bingo. i was hoping to get this in ESO but instead they brought random battlegrounds from WoW into eso.

With how customizable characters are in this game and how interesting the combat is, arena would have been an amazing addition to this game. 4v4 arena deathmatch with MMR, rankings, rewards, and ladders. Also, you could add the same thing wow had where healing was reduced and players took more damage as the game went on to prevent teams of 4 healers and/or 4 tanks from winning

The original draw to bgs was just instant combat without the horse simulator of Cyrodiil. but their implementation was just.. not so good.
    Edited by Dottzgaming on December 4, 2017 3:38PM
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would try it if they had standardized stats and abilities for each class.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Bingo. i was hoping to get this in ESO but instead they brought random battlegrounds from WoW into eso.

With how customizable characters are in this game and how interesting the combat is, arena would have been an amazing addition to this game. 4v4 arena deathmatch with MMR, rankings, rewards, and ladders. Also, you could add the same thing wow had where healing was reduced and players took more damage as the game went on to prevent teams of 4 healers and/or 4 tanks from winning

The original draw to bgs was just instant combat without the horse simulator of Cyrodiil. but their implementation was just.. not so good.

What a great mechanic. Very smart!
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this. I was highly disappointed when I found out that while we'd be getting TDM, it was mixed in with several other (imo godawful) modes, and it's be RNG which one I got each time.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are nothing like WoW battlegrounds. For one BGs were based on faction, where you started. Two they were massive in scale compared to eso bgs, 40v40 anyone?

Eso BG are more akin to large arenas with three way fights and two extra players each team. Maybe a weird hybrid.

I would rather WoW style Bgs AND WoW style arenas. Not this weird in between
  • kessik221
    kessik221
    ✭✭✭
    The AvAvA model is such a ***. It's really garbage, but its there and it isn't going away. I doubt we will ever see team vs team pvp.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we would have q that put 4man premadrs against each other we would wait in this queue for hours. :(
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    If we would have q that put 4man premadrs against each other we would wait in this queue for hours. :(
    We organize it all the time. It’s a ton of fun. Are you on PC NA?

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    We organize it all the time. It’s a ton of fun. Are you on PC NA?

Well on EU you rarely can meet 4man premade. Everyone prefer zerging in cyro.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think more can be done with 4v4 vs the three way. Maybe even 6v6 or 8v8. However, it should not be just death match. Merely offering death match is boring due to the dearth of strategy required.
    Edited by idk on December 11, 2017 6:11AM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the current format, with matchmaking weighted for:

50% DM / 50% everything else.

Not:

50% Chaos ball / 50% everything else, like I've been getting all week...
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”