The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO keeps minimising during play (Windows 10)

UberTester
UberTester
✭✭
ESO keeps minimising during play (Windows 10). This happens each and every time I play, and typically happens twice in a row. During a 4 hour play session, the game will typically minimise itself 6-8 times. It can happen during combat, or when sitting idle.

So far, the things I've ruled out are:

* Pressing the "windows logo" key - this is different and obviously opens the menu
* Anti-virus, etc - eso still minimises with all other programs closed (including the eso launcher)
* Scheduled tasks - nothing scheduled during minimise

No other games or applications do this, or have ever done this to me on this computer. I know this has been happening for years, and to a great many people. Anyone got a fix?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this happen before but I forget how I fixed it. Sorry. I will keep trying to remember. I think I found the culprit by checking the system log in event viewer. Note the time it happens and check in event viewer.
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a few ideas...

Is an auto-update check possibly at fault?The culprit can be something that has an icon down on the notification area (what used to be called the "System Tray" down by the clock. You might want to check if something is throwing notifications that are stealing focus. They shouldn't, but it can happen. Nvidia's Geforce Experience update notifier broke in on me last month.

Also - are you running full-screen or windowed/borderless window? It might make a difference you can try the different modes and see if that helps.

Any chance you accidentally hit Alt+Tab on the keyboard? That will instantly minimize the game and zap you to the Desktop or some other window like the launcher even from exclusive fullscreen.
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Nvidia's GE , Adobe and even some antivirus/antimalware programs are bad about causing this. I also had an issue with my Denon Home Theater unit refreshing the HDMI handshake on my PC connection, causing the game to go to desktop temporarily.

I feel your pain, but you're wasting your time if you bring this issue to ZOS.
  • UberTester
    UberTester
    ✭✭
    Thanks Jason. After much digging, for me it turned out to be this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3xf2nv/focus_stealing_problem_involving_akamai/
  • UberTester
    UberTester
    ✭✭
    As a side note, this isn't a "scheduled task" that I can see, as no "last run time" matches up. No idea how it does the scheduling.