The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Add Ons Fail to Function with Redirected Documents Folder

vileric
vileric
Soul Shriven
I use the Windows option to redirect my Documents folder to the D: drive. No matter what I do, manually or with Minion... could I get Add-Ons to show up. I haven't moved anything related to the installation of ESO since I installed it. I noticed that after installing Minion (after failing manual addon addition) that a folder was created in C:\User... in the folder that should be the AddOn folder for ESO when in actuality all of my ESO files are actually in D:\User... I changed Minion to put things in D:\User... and verified that the options were created there. but that didn't help.

I screenshotted below the Document Library Options in Windows that shows how my Documents folder library is remapped to the D: drive. I am sure the problem here is ESO and not Minion. For some reason it isn't supporting this type of configuration on a fresh install.

7he977xvagcs.png

• vileric
    vileric
    Soul Shriven
    You can see how this works below. C:\User\Eric\My Documents is linked into Windows features that relink this to a different (larger and not SSD) hard drive.

ga2pie8ezai3.png
  • vileric
    vileric
    Soul Shriven
    Another screenshot, showing three things, the creation of these files by ESO, the addition of the addon files by Minion to the AddOn folder. And, the ESO game not recognizing the presence of these files on a fresh run of the game.

3dh4cnkbmnfd.png
  • vileric
    vileric
    Soul Shriven
    Strange that I see addons now after I login. Apparently, you have to login to the character to see the add-ons? The addon instructions don't indicate that.
  • BPositiv3
    BPositiv3
    Soul Shriven
    I have this same problem, except even when I log in, my add-ons are gone. Every update I've had to re-install the game just to have my addons... which I would play without them, however, I like my Advanced UI.
  • Walting
    Walting
    ✭✭✭
    In Minion you have to point to your addon folder: Press Options in the top-right and select your folder
    Edited by Walting on October 24, 2017 8:44PM
  • ujtc
    ujtc
    Soul Shriven
    01/12/2018: I have the same problem.
    Installed Minion on a Windows PC several weeks after installing Elder Scrolls.

In Minion: I selected several add-ons and Minion showed them as installed. But when I signed on to ESO, they weren't there in the add-ons.

I went to the proper folder (C:\Users\ujtc7\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\) and the add-on folders were there.

Was your solution reinstalling Elder Scrolls Online? Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions?