Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP 160+ Blue Jewelry: When trying to put a 5 piece armor set

Thunderknuckles
Thunderknuckles
✭✭✭✭
Together, how many of you use blue jewelry until you can land epic (purple) jewelry to replace it? I've always waited until I had the purple stuff before wearing all five pieces, but I'm working on acquiring a new set of armor for my tank and haven't gotten to running the vet dungeon for it yet. Does blue jewelry work just fine in the meantime?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run blue jewelry while I'm trying out a set to see if I like it, because I don't want to run vet dungeons for purple jewelry if there's a chance that I won't use the set. Blue jewelry will work fine, though the purple stats will be better.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run blue jewelry while I'm trying out a set to see if I like it, because I don't want to run vet dungeons for purple jewelry if there's a chance that I won't use the set. Blue jewelry will work fine, though the purple stats will be better.

Appreciate the reply, Varanis. I'm wanting to try out the Ebon set and a blue ring dropped last night. Think I'll run with it for now and see how that bonus to the group works out.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebon Armory is an excellent set for tanking, pretty much equal in heath granted to something like Plague Doctor, plus it buffs the group. I highly recommend it as a good group support set for tanks (Though you don't want it on weapons unless ZOS fixes the health bonuses resetting when you weapons swap.) Fortunately, you can get unique jewelry if you need that: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Ebon+Armory+Set
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebon is bis for tanks, it gives +1000 health for all in group and an ebon effect on them, this indicate serious tank :)
    CoS1 also drop other nice stuff like Lich, Ilambris and Leviathan and is not so hard in vet either.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Ebon is bis for tanks, it gives +1000 health for all in group and an ebon effect on them, this indicate serious tank :)
    CoS1 also drop other nice stuff like Lich, Ilambris and Leviathan and is not so hard in vet either.
    zaria wrote: »

It's working out very well so far. =D Wearing 5 pieces with 5 Warrior-poet for now. I actually was backfilled into a normal CoH yesterday. The previous tank was a fake, apparently, and DPS that queued as tank. They asked, "Are you an actual tank?" I replied, basically, "Straight tank, with the craptastic DPS to prove it!" ha ha We got through the dungeon with no problems.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5th Bonus is almost always the same Green/Blue/Purple. When it is not, the difference is laughably small. I mean, really, are you going to give up a 5 piece set bonus because theoretically your down 20 or 30 of an Attribute and a few points in damage or whatever?

In other words, have you really looked at the difference between Blue and Purple with regards to Jewelry in a 5 Piece Set? If you had, you would know the difference is nothing to worry about. And, when you do finally get the Purple Rings or Necklace, your not going to notice the difference in the game. At all. Why do I know this, I always buy Blue Jewelry on a set I am going to try out for 150 gold each, as opposed to thousands or tens of thousands for the Purple Items. When I finally go to Purple, the stat change is almost unnoticeable. So, why do I even get the Purples in that case? I have this thing about the set being of the same quality for all pieces.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"